Developer's Blog

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Kshitiz_Indian said:
Thats cool LM,

Also this is one very important question...
Can you tell us your system specifications :) ?

hehe...ok, but dont laugh...

BUT! i am planning a huge upgrade next weekend. A generational type upgrade ;)

current specs are:

Intel P4 2.4 standard old style (not dual core or anything fancy)
1GB DDR RAM
160GB HDD +160GB external Sata drive
Nvidia 6600 (256MB) dx9.0c (2xAA , 0xAF) - 8x AGP
Viewsonic 32" Widescreen HD LCD

LM

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
legend_master said:
BUT! i am planning a huge upgrade next weekend. A generational type upgrade ;)
Apart from a massively bigger HD I have worse specs than that :( Make sure you test on both machines, so that way you don't lose sight of the older systems (a mistake I'm sure you wouldn't make). Nice monitor BTW :clap

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Holy Hell thats one hell of a monitor !
There's nothing to laught about it LM really :)
Except for the processor i have everything even worse than that, now you'll laugh at me :p

P4 3.06GHz
512 MB RAM
128 MB Nvidia Geforce MX 4000 :p
15" CRT Monitor :lmao
40 GB Hardisk :D

Now i am really worried whats gonna happen to me.... :D:D:D:D :rofl:rofl

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
nice to see progress is moving at good speed (touchwood :p)
community projects which see lights tend to be far too excellent than it's competitors.

I do have a question, would the game work in vista?

it might become a big problem, as soo many games i have tried to install in vista have failed or are giving very poor framerates.maybe it's nvidia's drivers, but i feel that vista has way too many changes in the backend for apps to adjust.

legend_master

hehe, dont worry, i want to make sure it runs on lower end machines too...but if you do have a high-end beast then you should get better graphic capabilities...dont forget though, AGP cards are basically extinct now, thanks to PCIxpress..my rig is essentially a generation behind today's average system you would buy in the shop. By the time of the game's release we should hopefully all have had an upgrade :upray hehe anyway, dont worry, it will run on older machines, just at average graphic settings. When i say average i mean like the screens i have been posting.

I got the monitor cos it's got a lot of real estate when doing 3D and 2D art...really helpful...and also look s great in games - a bonus ;)

Good news is im including widescreen resolutions (and boy it looks great i must say!!) such as 1360x765 etc

@BlackLeo : the Vista issue is a tough one. At this stage i'm developing for XP and Dx9.0c , though depending on when the game is released it may be that most people use Vista then so i will have to make sure it does run on Vista and XP. The other thing is that i may make a special Vista edition which runs on dx10 but that is a long way off...

LM

Last edited:

legend_master

Quick little update...

i've fixed heaps and heaps of glitches and refined the mishit and edges systems...works really great now imo...mishits are fully integrated now with stats and can make the ball do anything from making a cover drive go in the air to be caught by the cover fielder to making a slog sweep get a top edge and fly straight up in the air for a dolly catch below. Really happy with this.

also added ball to the fielding radar so now you can see where the ball is when you hit it..again, this also works brilliantly and looks great.

I also fixed several umpire animations and some minor improvements to pace bowler runup.

this all means that work on the wicky/fielder AI and movement has not yet begun, but let me tell ya, the mishit stuff looks lovely, adds unlimited variety...well worth the time spent. Wicky/Fielder AI starts tomorrow, come hell or high water ;)

LM

ps: played the BLIC07 demo - my review in a nutshell, 6/10

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
it's good that u are developing in directx, opengl is doomed in vista. too buggy in current version.
there is XP compatibility mode in vista, don't know how much effective it is.
Vista special edition...... lovely! :rolleyes:

when are u planning to start AI?

BLC 6/10? worth checking out! would hardly rate EA 07 as 2/10.

D

Deleted member 11215

just run a dual boot on your pc with xp and vista should fix things out there.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
legend_master said:
Quick little update...

i've fixed heaps and heaps of glitches and refined the mishit and edges systems...works really great now imo...mishits are fully integrated now with stats and can make the ball do anything from making a cover drive go in the air to be caught by the cover fielder to making a slog sweep get a top edge and fly straight up in the air for a dolly catch below. Really happy with this.
What are the physics of those miss hits like, does it look plausible that the ball would go in that direction? An example would be in Cricket 07 when the ball jumps around before it is hit and when the ball speeds up as it goes over the boundary fence.

Wicky/Fielder AI starts tomorrow, come hell or high water ;)
(you might want to read this line again leo ;) ) Good luck with the AI, this will make or break the game, and the current trend with cricket games is for 'break'.

ps: played the BLIC07 demo - my review in a nutshell, 6/10
So that means TAOC is our only hope now? (I'll still download the demo just to see for myself, though)

andy82

Club Cricketer
whitehornmatt said:
So that means TAOC is our only hope now? (I'll still download the demo just to see for myself, though)

No pressure on LM then ;)

legend_master

whitehornmatt said:
What are the physics of those miss hits like, does it look plausible that the ball would go in that direction? An example would be in Cricket 07 when the ball jumps around before it is hit and when the ball speeds up as it goes over the boundary fence.

yeah, physics are really great imo, much better than that ridiculous EA [email protected] certainly looks plausible...i may release a little vid maybe showing edges and mishits... :cool:

actually maybe i was a little harsh on the BLIC demo...i played it some more since and it's actually not too bad...improvement on 05 for sure and better than EA, but still very far from what i would consider a great cricket game.

im gonna raise that rating to 7/10 ;)

legend_master

Well, just done a massive system upgrade...

Core2Duo P4 2.18Ghz
2GB DDRII ram
Nvidia 8800GTS
500GB SATAII HDD

runs amazingly fast! :eek:

dont worry, though, i wont be expecting everyone to be using this stuff to run it acceptably, this is more to test the highest level of settings that will be available. Pretty awesome i have to say.

I'll get some screens once i have fixed a couple of glitches....

unfortunately game dev's been a bit slow as last week was really busy with other suff (work related :rolleyes: )

expect some more updates soon

LM

Users who are viewing this thread