Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipswich69

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Batsmen can be too lackadaisical about returning to their crease when I cancel a run.

Toonga

Club Cricketer
Would be great to see the AI fielding placements improved for next patch......AI use of slips early in a test match and losing the frequency of silly mid off, short leg etc commonly used in one day matches would be two improvements top of my wish list!

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Batsmen can be too lackadaisical about returning to their crease when I cancel a run.

This. Its contributed to about 50% of all my dismissals. I notice that it only applies when you cancel just after the run (ie. within say 10m of the crease) - I think the game has this inbuilt 'get near crease, slow down' philosophy because I see batsmen do it normally when not sprinting (looks good too) however if you cancel halfway down the pitch, it allows you to sprint back/dive for the crease. Very very annoying when combined with the running camera angle. I've already dented one xbox controller because of it lol :facepalm

Bobthedog

School Cricketer
Mode: Career
Match Type: One day
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): around 10 overs into the second teams innings
Ground: Not sure
Teams:Sa vs Nsw
Get Best:Im not sure what that means (Sorry)
Description of Issue: I saved the game to watched the footy, started the console back up to find my career player was no longer there. No save files or anything (In game) I looked on my xbox's hard drive to find the save file is actually there but its not showing up in game..

Jadel

Club Captain
This. Its contributed to about 50% of all my dismissals. I notice that it only applies when you cancel just after the run (ie. within say 10m of the crease) - I think the game has this inbuilt 'get near crease, slow down' philosophy because I see batsmen do it normally when not sprinting (looks good too) however if you cancel halfway down the pitch, it allows you to sprint back/dive for the crease. Very very annoying when combined with the running camera angle. I've already dented one xbox controller because of it lol :facepalm

Lol. If you're getting out to this 50% of the time then you are doing something wrong.

It's a bit bugged for sure but I think I might have got out 3 or 4 times total... And i get out a lot.

Also.. 10m from the crease and half way down are pretty damn close.

Theres a pretty big window for when cancelling will work well and when it does the irritating slow walk.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
I tried changing the running camera to broadcast, and that atleast provides a diff view. After going back to a game, i think its about 5m out of the crease rather than 10m. Either way, I'm sure the guys at BA will check it out.

Jadel

Club Captain
I tried changing the running camera to broadcast, and that atleast provides a diff view. After going back to a game, i think its about 5m out of the crease rather than 10m. Either way, I'm sure the guys at BA will check it out.

change running camera to fielding 1 ..doesnt work in career :( but it will help you judge your runs better on other modes . It should be very rare to get out from this bug.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Match Type: First Class
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): First over
Ground: Lancashire
Teams: Surrey v Notts
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: DRS is not coming up for me when it should. It hasn't been an option most the time when I've been bowling so I had assumed that my AI teammates had used the reviews. When I got an lbw shout in the first over there was no review option after the appeal was turned down.

ronaldo7777

PC Journalism Contest Winner
OK - I apologise if this has already been bought up, but I never noticed it this bad pre-patch. I must also admit relative to 99% of people on here I presume I've played the game a lot less. On the whole I love the game - my batting is terrible but I like that!

But the AI field settings. I've setup a 4-day game (Somerset vs Surrey), won the toss, batting first (I'm 41/9, for those wondering) but I'm batting and this legitimately was the field (in part).

Wicket-keeper, ZERO slips.

Short mid on / Short Mid off

Mid on / Mid off

Long on

Literally - no slips, and on one side three players in a straight line going down the ground.

--

Appreciate that getting field settings perfect for AI cannot be easy - but these are fields that shouldn't even be programmed, let alone say the AI picking a field that might be more suitable for a different format.

Also - bowlers ability to field off their own bowling is far too high. Sure - catching is very difficult but I'm not sure I've hit a straight drive yet that hasn't been stopped.

And finally - not that it matters, but with the short mid-on and mid-off in place I was getting this quite a lot: defended the ball. One player ran to get the ball and picked it up - so did the second and then the player with the ball threw it to the non-strikers end and it hit the second fielder.

Again - I love the game. But the field setting issue might stop me playing longer format games until it's fixed.

Ipswich69

School Cricketer
Match Type: First Class
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): First over
Ground: Lancashire
Teams: Surrey v Notts
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: DRS is not coming up for me when it should. It hasn't been an option most the time when I've been bowling so I had assumed that my AI teammates had used the reviews. When I got an lbw shout in the first over there was no review option after the appeal was turned down.

I have noticed this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread