Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

I am terribly sorry if this has already been adressed somewhere, but I would like to know if there exists any way of getting "random" back into the Academy.

I like creating my own narratives and leagues in these games, which means that I spent a lot of time in '14 creating rando players and teams with the use of "Random all" options. However, the only place I can find that exists now where this is a possibility is in the "Skills" bit. I'd like getting through randomizing the looks of a player, as well as randomizing team kits, just so I don't have to manually craft hundreds of players.

Is there a tool or a fix coming for this specific purpose?
You can use DBC14 creations in DBC17

Guys i think creating good custom fields really solves the problem of AI setting silly fields.

There are mainly two problems with regards to AI FIELD PLACEMENTS.
First, the default fields are too limited and most of them are not that good (for all formats short, medium and long). Second, the AI only selects aggressive, attacking and balanced fields.

I recommend creating good custom fields as per your batting strengths and weaknesses to have good challenging fields. Have varied custom fields so AI has good options to choose from. Also, mark all custom fields only under aggresive, attacking and/or balanced. For eg. I created 4-5 good defensive fields and marked them under balanced. I think create 4-5 custom fields under each field tactic (aggressive, attacking, balanced, defensive, very defensive etc. but mark them only under aggresive, attacking and balanced). Do this for all three formats short, medium and long for both pace(any) and spin(any).

This exercise will not take more than couple of hours and the results will be fantastic. I think there is no point in waiting for upcoming patch to solve field placements issue of AI setting too attacking fields as the bigger problem is that default fields are simply not good enough (and i doubt they will add more default fields in upcoming patch though i may be wrong). Plus it is very easy to create custom fields and not at all time consuming.

This simple workaround has really helped me.

Guys i think creating good custom fields really solves the problem of AI setting silly fields.

There are mainly two problems with regards to AI FIELD PLACEMENTS.
First, the default fields are too limited and most of them are not that good (for all formats short, medium and long). Second, the AI only selects aggressive, attacking and balanced fields.

I recommend creating good custom fields as per your batting strengths and weaknesses to have good challenging fields. Have varied custom fields so AI has good options to choose from. Also, mark all custom fields only under aggresive, attacking and/or balanced. For eg. I created 4-5 good defensive fields and marked them under balanced. I think create 4-5 custom fields under each field tactic (aggressive, attacking, balanced, defensive, very defensive etc. but mark them only under aggresive, attacking and balanced). Do this for all three formats short, medium and long for both pace(any) and spin(any).

This exercise will not take more than couple of hours and the results will be fantastic. I think there is no point in waiting for upcoming patch to solve field placements issue of AI setting too attacking fields as the bigger problem is that default fields are simply not good enough (and i doubt they will add more default fields in upcoming patch though i may be wrong). Plus it is very easy to create custom fields and not at all time consuming.

This simple workaround has really helped me.
Good idea - can you delete the preset fields and thereby force the AI to use custom ones?

Good idea - can you delete the preset fields and thereby force the AI to use custom ones?
U cannot. But trust me, the AI mostly uses custom field sets given that you have created good fields. Even if they use default field and u score quick runs (maybe couple of boundaries), they turn to custom field sets. Since i have created many custom fields, the AI keeps changing its field accoring to my scoring areas. Earlier the problem was that they hardly had good options (due to limited default fields), hence even after being hammered by the batsman they seldom changed fields.

But do remember to mark all your fields under aggressive, attacking or/balanced (even if you create defensive fields) as the AI only chooses these 3 field options.

With that user name I'm so expecting you to say 'you're my wife now'

Heh heh, damn right Dave!

U cannot. But trust me, the AI mostly uses custom field sets given that you have created good fields. Even if they use default field and u score quick runs (maybe couple of boundaries), they turn to custom field sets. Since i have created many custom fields, the AI keeps changing its field accoring to my scoring areas. Earlier the problem was that they hardly had good options (due to limited default fields), hence even after being hammered by the batsman they seldom changed fields.

But do remember to mark all your fields under aggressive, attacking or/balanced (even if you create defensive fields) as the AI only chooses these 3 field options.

Hopefully another issue addressed in the hotly anticipated, keenly expected, forthcoming, imminent..........

Heh heh, damn right Dave!

Hopefully another issue addressed in the hotly anticipated, keenly expected, forthcoming, imminent..........
Who was Dave...? Was there any explanation.

"Would you like to buy some pegs Dave?"

Can anyone tell how this game will perform on GT 820m (Notebook GPU) ? I am thinking of buying this game. Anyone plays this game on this GPU?

Honestly not very well. Geforce 820m is an entry level GPU and not intended for gaming. Performance benchmarks for that GPU are roughly equivalent to the integrated Intel GPUs. You could probably run the game on lowest settings at a lower resolution, but even then probably less than 30FPS.

Certainly a silly question but then again, no harm in asking I guess :)....So is there a marker thing for ball placement just like in other cricket games ? Or is DBC17 made purely realistic and we'd have to watch the ball closely and do a quick reflex to play it ?

Certainly a silly question but then again, no harm in asking I guess :)....So is there a marker thing for ball placement just like in other cricket games ? Or is DBC17 made purely realistic and we'd have to watch the ball closely and do a quick reflex to play it ?
You have a length indicator -- a colour circle just before the bowler releases the ball, but a pitch marker not a chance! ;)

You have a length indicator -- a colour circle just before the bowler releases the ball, but a pitch marker not a chance! ;)

Appreciate it man. Just curious, do you watch the ball or simply premeditate your batting approach ?

Also, what about while bowling ? Are there any indicator to help us with the ball placement (precision) ?

Appreciate it man. Just curious, do you watch the ball or simply premeditate your batting approach ?

Also, what about while bowling ? Are there any indicator to help us with the ball placement (precision) ?

There are no pitch markers and the controls for both batting & bowling are intuitive. For batting you have a ball marker around the ball which gives you an indication of the line & length of the delivery. You still have to watch the ball closely as you don't know the exact spot the ball will land and still have to account for swing/seam/spin. There's a custom slider which allows you to determine how early or late you want to see the ball marker and you can essentially turn it off for all practical purposes if you want by selecting a low value (say 0 or 1).

As for bowling you can select short, good, fullish and yorker lengths and vary these default lengths some more by using shoulder buttons (L1/R1) to go fuller or shorter the desired length. The RS controls the delivery stride, jump and delivery of the ball and bowling's fun. If you are a cricket fan and haven't played DBC 14 and 17, which I'm assuming you haven't based on your line of questioning, I would highly recommend you get the game as it's definitely the best one out there and a "must have" for cricket gaming fans.

There are no pitch markers and the controls for both batting & bowling are intuitive. For batting you have a ball marker around the ball which gives you an indication of the line & length of the delivery. You still have to watch the ball closely as you don't know the exact spot the ball will land and still have to account for swing/seam/spin. There's a custom slider which allows you to determine how early or late you want to see the ball marker and you can essentially turn it off for all practical purposes if you want by selecting a low value (say 0 or 1).

As for bowling you can select short, good, fullish and yorker lengths and vary these default lengths some more by using shoulder buttons (L1/R1) to go fuller or shorter the desired length. The RS controls the delivery stride, jump and delivery of the ball and bowling's fun. If you are a cricket fan and haven't played DBC 14 and 17, which I'm assuming you haven't based on your line of questioning, I would highly recommend you get the game as it's definitely the best one out there and a "must have" for cricket gaming fans.

Thanks much man. And I recently got DBC17 on steam, played it a few times only. I guess I prefer this almost realistic approach vice the easy play on older games even though I'm facing a horrid time batting. Hopefully some more practice would help. By the way, that slider you're talking about, is it in-game settings which has a value of 0-100 ? The default is on 23 but no matter if I put 80+ or 20-, I don't see any difference. Why's that ?

I must agree, bowling is sick. Loved it. Wish I could control my batting more.

Users who are viewing this thread