Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Thanks much man. And I recently got DBC17 on steam, played it a few times only. I guess I prefer this almost realistic approach vice the easy play on older games even though I'm facing a horrid time batting. Hopefully some more practice would help. By the way, that slider you're talking about, is it in-game settings which has a value of 0-100 ? The default is on 23 but no matter if I put 80+ or 20-, I don't see any difference. Why's that ?

I must agree, bowling is sick. Loved it. Wish I could control my batting more.

For gameplay modifiers to work you need to select Batting difficulty to 'Custom'. Same with Bowling if you want the custom sliders to have any affect on bowling. Any other difficulty level and the sliders won't have any impact. For Batting there are 6 (or 5) sliders starting from 'Ball Marker Display Time' and are grouped together. Change those as per your requirement and you can see the difference. You can tweak these sliders pausing mid game and see the change (as long as you have Batting difficulty set as 'Custom' when you started the match) without the need to exit and restart a match.

For gameplay modifiers to work you need to select Batting difficulty to 'Custom'. Same with Bowling if you want the custom sliders to have any affect on bowling. Any other difficulty level and the sliders won't have any impact. For Batting there are 6 (or 5) sliders starting from 'Ball Marker Display Time' and are grouped together. Change those as per your requirement and you can see the difference. You can tweak these sliders pausing mid game and see the change (as long as you have Batting difficulty set as 'Custom' when you started the match) without the need to exit and restart a match.

Yep you caught my fault, it was on 'Medium' when I did it. I've changed it to 'Custom' and it worked wonders. Have you found your most ideal sliders yet ? I can't seem to make a balance as I'm not sure what half of them does simply by its title lol.

in praise of the game in the first innings of a test in career modei was able to hit a lot of big shots got 96 in around 20-30 balls but in the second innings those shots weren't there scratched around for about 25 before playing a shot i shouldn't have which shows there is some ai albeit it takes time to kick in.

Does anyone now how to fix the wrong uniform when playing first class the kits used the one day uniform for all the teams?

Hello all,
OK, I'm starting to get the eerie feeling that there might not be a 4th patch. I'm still hopeful overall though and do have faith in this company that's put out probably the best cricket game I've ever played (both titles). Just so I feel better, has there been confirmation on that? Was there confirmation before patch 3?

Please excuse my impatience community. Hate being in limbo is all.

Hello all,
OK, I'm starting to get the eerie feeling that there might not be a 4th patch. I'm still hopeful overall though and do have faith in this company that's put out probably the best cricket game I've ever played (both titles). Just so I feel better, has there been confirmation on that? Was there confirmation before patch 3?

I'm on a plane currently flying over Suva, I'm not going to release a patch while I'm up here - but I guess that won't stop anyone. (FWIW we are working on a patch, I think everyone knows that.)

We get to do very few patches on Console - we want to make the next a very good one.

Hello all,

They have confirmed grass hopper, patience.[DOUBLEPOST=1488316677][/DOUBLEPOST]
Exactly what is wrong with Test cricket nowadays... This game is so realistic!! :P
Too realistic... Really?

Too realistic... Really?
Thanks a lot. You're a peach.

Thanks all for the info. I'm not caught up with all the info so I appreciate my fellow cric peeps looking out for me.
Best[DOUBLEPOST=1488332544][/DOUBLEPOST]@christy_lenin1 Appreciate you too

Too realistic... Really?

I didn't say too realistic ;) I said it was "so realistic" - plus it was more a tongue in cheek reference to the poor quality of test crciket due to the rise of T20 rather than DBC 17 :) :)

DRS not available in county cricket T20 not in big bash as well under career mode...shall I raise this as an issue?

On DRS the 'Bowler Confidence' rating seems to mean nothing. For example I had an LB shout in a recent test v Pakistan and bowler confidence was 98, so I reviewed. The first replay showed the ball was clearly going down leg. Keeper confidence was in the 60s, so in future I'm basing reviews off that.

Users who are viewing this thread