Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Here's a video posted by @BRAB

The gameplay looks really fun to me...The graphics again is awesome and some details can be seen as to what can be expected off next DBC..

-The Big screen shows the gameplay.
-Grass detail.
-Player movement is super smooth even on video.
-Audience graphics.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I probably won't be saying too much to mention the next Cricket shares the Lacrosse visual engine, and will take it further in a lot of aspects.

I'm really happy with how Lacrosse has turned out, particularly in local multiplayer - we've had some great four player games in the office.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I probably won't be saying too much to mention the next Cricket shares the Lacrosse visual engine, and will take it further in a lot of aspects.

I'm really happy with how Lacrosse has turned out, particularly in local multiplayer - we've had some great four player games in the office.
Good to know..:thumbs

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I can't really speak to the sport, as I know very little about it, but I am super impressed. It looks really, really good.

Big thumbs up to all.

kamrul

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Those grasses have just beaten EA sports! Good going Big Ant! In no time you guys will surpass EA ! Kudos!

Last edited:

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Very impressive graphically even though I don't know the first thing about lacrosse. I like how you can change the team you're controlling in game, that would be handy in cricket 16 to save having to save and quit if you wanna bat for both teams.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Is the non-digital version going to be available in Europe? (not England) @MattW

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
thanks for posting that @funnyadit like others here i know nothing of the sport (bar what was featured in American Pie) but the graphical detail looks impressive.

i'd throw the slight criticism that Big Ant still seem to have not got commentary right ;) but that really is nitpicking - the thing looks super impressive

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
thanks for posting that @funnyadit like others here i know nothing of the sport (bar what was featured in American Pie) but the graphical detail looks impressive.

i'd throw the slight criticism that Big Ant still seem to have not got commentary right ;) but that really is nitpicking - the thing looks super impressive
But I like the audience sound behind during the start...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Is the non-digital version going to be available in Europe? (not England) @MattW
Would depend what platform you're talking about, it's very unlikely that there will be a physical disc release of the PC version of the game anywhere. As for consoles, I'd suggest you'd need to buy online outside major cricketing nations.

I'm assuming you're talking about cricket - just to cover the other base - Lacrosse is a digital only release.

i'd throw the slight criticism that Big Ant still seem to have not got commentary right
Sound is definitely a priority for the next cricket - Lacrosse certainly isn't at the point we'd want to be on commentary, but I still enjoy it.

BRAB

International Coach
Hey fellas, another video of the lacrosse pre-release

This one is at max graphics settings, AI vs AI. I was really impressed by how the AI played the game to be honest.

People have mentioned it but the movement and the controls are absolutely phenomenal, functionally it's closer to FIFA then RLL3 was. RLL3 and even DBC to an extent had a slight sluggishness to them, Lacrosse has eliminated that substantially.

Not saying the game is on a AAA level or anything, and I'm sure people more attuned to the sport will find problems with it, but from an outsider who knows nothing about the sport it's just a genuinely fun game to play in the way FIFA is.

Biggest thing is the player movements, you feel in so much control. Not sure how much this will translate to the cricket game, but as a standalone game it's damn impressive.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Reminds me of Hockey more than any other sport - if it plays like the old NHL games then I'm on board! The biggest hurdle is balancing the need for smooth animation with the need for immediacy in controls/actions. If they nail that I will get to know the sport. ;-)

handsome

International Coach
Not sure if already posted, the release timeframe for the next gen DBC is confirmed as the last quarter this year.

D

Deleted member 149013

Wow you joined in 2004, how old is Planet Cricket? I just gathered Matt was the boss and started the site.

I think we have a rough idea of a release date but that could change at any point as I would imagine it’s a target based on an estimation.

Looking at lacrosse the future looks good. Compared to ice hockey you can’t check and rough. When you really think about ice hockey is the only sport that encourages and applauds bare knuckle brawls and with the world as health and safety conscience as it is with sports in general it is something that has stayed in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread