Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
In future please cite the source of quotes. That's the whole point of this thread, not having any unsourced speculation people could misread as being facts.
Done..Grr did the same mistake again..Will make sure I add the source from now on...[DOUBLEPOST=1455252802][/DOUBLEPOST]Ross on Batting controls:

Batting controls will stay the same, maybe minor tweaks, the feel and timing will be tuned.
"2016, the year Cricket Gaming makes a giant leap forward", Here we go

kamrul

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@funnyadit Thanks for bringing out these answers from ross! He would obviously have shared these things with us sooner or later. but thanks for pushing him :p

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
@funnyadit Thanks for bringing out these answers from ross! He would obviously have shared these things with us sooner or later. but thanks for pushing him :p
I just shared what Ross posted on BA forum..That's the actual purpose of this thread...

Moeez

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Some one should ask him about the LED stumps/bails i don't think it will be difficult to model them in-game :)

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That said, we will be supporting Occulus/Steam VR on the Dirt Track Racing game that Big Ant just launched a kickstarter for, so maybe I'll get an Occulus in front of me at some point and be able to sneak a look.

...why didn't you PM me instantly about this? As soon as I get some money together this is getting backed!

Although I've not read anything about it in the racing game press - admittedly I'm a sim racing-focused person and they might not be the best people to do business with, I'm not sure. There's a thread about it on the iracing forums which seems to be broadly positive; which is good but that's not exactly a huge crowd. Other than that I've seen nothing; and the quick search I did didn't find anything which is a little disappointing. I am worried that the goal might be a little over-optimistic: hopefully I'm wrong!

e: oh god there's a quarter midget stretch goal, i'd love if they managed to reach that

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Although I've not read anything about it in the racing game press - admittedly I'm a sim racing-focused person and they might not be the best people to do business with, I'm not sure. There's a thread about it on the iracing forums which seems to be broadly positive; which is good but that's not exactly a huge crowd. Other than that I've seen nothing; and the quick search I did didn't find anything which is a little disappointing. I am worried that the goal might be a little over-optimistic: hopefully I'm wrong!
Obviously hoping we can make it, there's more press lined up for next week, but equally wanting word of mouth to get around on forums and the like as well - so hopefully that word can be spread further and reach the goal. Indeed more than reach the goal, because some of the stuff in the stretch goals would be amazing.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Obviously hoping we can make it, there's more press lined up for next week, but equally wanting word of mouth to get around on forums and the like as well - so hopefully that word can be spread further and reach the goal. Indeed more than reach the goal, because some of the stuff in the stretch goals would be amazing.

"Bronze rated teams will have the performance and budget to compete in events with purses up to $25,000"

Are these are in-game rewards? Or eSports purses?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Are these are in-game rewards?
In game. Do you think that the wording would need clarification on that point?

There's a Q&A answer on the rankings in general:
What's the deal with Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum race teams?

When you enter a race event in the game, your team's rating determines the level of competition you will experience. This affects everything from AI difficulty, entrance fees, tracks and prizes.

You can build your own race team and improve it's rating by winning events and championships to build a budget.

The Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum team ratings allow you start the game with an experienced pedigree team.

Other players will also have to race against these teams throughout their careers.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
In game. Do you think that the wording would need clarification on that point?

There's a Q&A answer on the rankings in general:

It could do with being clearer - in the old days would have been fine, but with eSports becoming so huge, and these sort of pots for them being pretty frequent, you should probably just really spell it out.

The top-tier thing is really good - I'm not sure I've seen that before... But the wording on it should emphasise that you are essentially the COVER STAR. :)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The top-tier thing is really good - I'm not sure I've seen that before... But the wording on it should emphasise that you are essentially the COVER STAR. :)
Well obviously just hoping for someone with just the right level of ego.

"@Biggs Dirt Track Racing" would be 10k well spent...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
I'd give you 10k to call Cricket Next: "Biggs Dirt Track Cricket"

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
i want to play cricket with sprint cars; if it isn't in the game i won't buy it and will leave snotty reviews about it everywhere on the internet

D

Deleted member 149013

I removed that and I owe you an apology, I am sorry about that.

No excuses it was just bad you didn’t deserve it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread