Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sure, the key here is; Big Ant aren't including keyboard control because "it would be too difficult" they're not including it because it wouldn't be any good, in this case, a controller is better... and cuts down on pirating.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Sure, the key here is; Big Ant aren't including keyboard control because "it would be too difficult" they're not including it because it wouldn't be any good, in this case, a controller is better... and cuts down on pirating.

I can't believe people are still talking about this 3 years later... Surely they could have saved up enough for a controller in that time!

The_Pharoah

International Coach
DB14 was definitely a leap forward in the evolution of cricket games. The part I'm keenly interested in is the 'depth' that was spoken about. As a PC and offline player, the career mode was and is my main focus and whilst DB14 was the first to have one (which was excellent), the lack of depth kinda got you in the end. Is it possible to get any kind of insight into this part of DB16 (and shouldn't it be DB17 like how EA do it)? I know one of the things talked about during the 'Road to DB14' era (which was great BTW...constantly checking the DB14 forums for snippers from @Ross) was starting your career at the 1st Grade level and then getting picked for State then national. In terms of immersion (esp starting as a 16 y/o with low skills) I thought and still think that is a must.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear from the team what plans they have for the offline career mode, and adding depth to it (ie. character growth, ability to change in the batting order, new players, players retiring, etc etc kinda like FIFA 16 or NBA 2k16).

hopefully the above is within the rules of this thread.

paulW

School Cricketer
I'd also like to see bowlers sometimes taking wickets on no balls and when the review is used it shows. Or the umpire can consult with the third umpire just to add something new. Also the pitches should have a big impact on the game which would in turn have more importance on the toss. Cracks in the pitch do nothing on this game I feel they should like the Wacca on day 5. Do press conferences like on the 2k sports games News papers etc. have important innings like saving a game or taking the new Bowles off to help the team out which would result in more ex points. With the ex points you can up grade your stats.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Ross on Oculus Rift support for the game:

We had Rift working on the previous game but just for internal testing - we'll see how many VR units get out there and if there's a market for it then it will be done.
"2016, the year Cricket Gaming makes a giant leap forward", Here we go

Another message on the 3 departments of the game:

Fielding is going to have a major overhaul.

Everything will be tuned or replaced, all will be revealed in time
:)

Last edited:

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
I don't see how VR would work in DBC - admittedly I've never used the thing but I don't see how you'd be able to get used to using a gamepad without being able to glance down at the thing while playing. From what I've heard from people who've used it with racing sims like iracing its amazing; although there you're using a wheel and pedals and therefore I think that it'd feel a lot more natural...

With the amount that they're wanting to charge for the Rift I wouldn't be shocked if another VR solution becomes the one that's incredibly popular though...

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I don't see how VR would work in DBC - admittedly I've never used the thing but I don't see how you'd be able to get used to using a gamepad without being able to glance down at the thing while playing. From what I've heard from people who've used it with racing sims like iracing its amazing; although there you're using a wheel and pedals and therefore I think that it'd feel a lot more natural...

With the amount that they're wanting to charge for the Rift I wouldn't be shocked if another VR solution becomes the one that's incredibly popular though...
It can be implemented if Kinect motion and move sensor are added for batting ..Kinect can also be used with windows so that would cover all the consoles...

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
But honestly, who has the room to use motion controls near their PC anyway? I'd be worried about getting too enthusiastic and somehow damaging my computer or the Rift by moving too far away from my PC when using the thing

My most wanted thing is Mac support, but I'm guessing that is incredibly unlikely...

The_Pharoah

International Coach
I'll be getting the Rift eventually (mainly for DCS/IL2/ED) but I'm sure it would be just as useable for DB16 - more like the current first person view. I quite liked it but started to get nauseus every time on the non-strikers end where the batsman looks forward/back/forward quite quickly. Hopefully with the Rift this can be overriden (or it doesn't happen in DB16 for folks like me). Nothing quite like cleaning up vomit off your keyboard and monitor! lol

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia

Users who are viewing this thread