Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
That's too bad; maybe they could include a variety of generic music clips that mimic selections used in real matches?
yeah i think the tune music in previous version really sucked
they should have some actual songs or something for this version

Sammuthegreat

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I actually hadn't realised players already had an Overall rating in DBC17 - haven't had a chance to fire up the Academy yet. That goes a long way to answering my concern, so thanks for that :)

N_stbss

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
They should use the best official player rating and divide it by 10 to get the player overall. For example David Warners best rating is 880 so his overall would be 88. The very best of don bradman would be 961 so his rating would be 96. joe roots batting rating is 917 so his overall would be 92 and his bowling rating is 117 so his bowling would only be 12.
ICC Player Rankings

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They should use the best official player rating and divide it by 10 to get the player overall. For example David Warners best rating is 880 so his overall would be 88. The very best of don bradman would be 961 so his rating would be 96. joe roots batting rating is 917 so his overall would be 92 and his bowling rating is 117 so his bowling would only be 12.
ICC Player Rankings

Rankings are based on form. Ratings are based on class. Probably the game can draw from both the actual ratings and the soft ratings which is the form. In game rankings can then be formulated using the soft ratings perhaps.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Add that to your very glaring mistakes...
why do you always keep picking on me.
i wrote that glaring mistake post for some other thread
i wrote this post to some other guy
i didn't wrote this post in general to everyone
i replied it to someone
please stay in your limits
can't i even write my views on this thread
or does everything bad about DBC14 seems nonsense to you

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
ICC Player Rankings

The only problem would be players like Ballance who had a great start and hence got a good rating early on but now his rating isn't good (I'm not sure if this example is 100% accurate). If you're talking about current ratings then a player like Vince would have an extremely low rating as he is finding his feet...

MJT1994

Club Captain
I've been playing around with ways to come up with player ratings and found that 110 - bowling average doesnt really work that well because players like voges have a bowling rating of 75 while lyon has a rating of 73 which wouldnt make sense in game. So does anyone have a better way to find bowling ratings?

I think 1.7 * batting average worked pretty well though. I have done it for Australia and Sri Lanka and the ratings look pretty good to me.

Australia BatAve Bat
burns 40.72 69
warner 51.43 87
khawaja 42.51 72
smith 56.59 96
voges 48.83 83
marsh 30.54 52
nevill 40.65 69
okeefe 30.28 51
starc 24.23 41
lyon 14.84 25
hazlewood 14.6 25

Sri Lanka BatAve Bat
karunaratne 46.74 79
silva 46.69 79
mendis 31.07 53
chandimal 50.42 86
mathews 51.85 88
de silva 36.6 62
perera 49.98 85
perera 24.18 41
herath 16.15 27
sandakan 12.54 21
pradeep 5.32 9

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I have started to make teams and am a little confused to the team's overall ratings. It seems that the team ratings are really high. Even in a team of 40/50 rated players with no skills even in the 60s the overall ratings are in the 70s for all 3 skill sets. Can someone help?

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
why do you always keep picking on me.
i wrote that glaring mistake post for some other thread
i wrote this post to some other guy
i didn't wrote this post in general to everyone
i replied it to someone
please stay in your limits
can't i even write my views on this thread
or does everything bad about DBC14 seems nonsense to you

Chill bro. It's because you wrote that post in almost all active threads. That is kinda looked down upon. Everyone reads the threads so post just once.
If people still pick you, just ignore. It will fade away soon.
Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread