Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

grkrama

National Board President
I'm not counting half-jokey posts in unrelated forums as 100% gospel.

ross has even said the creator is easy to use on the same thread.. .. I cant seem to think of ross using his time saying a feature is in game when its not in another game's thread! Rather looking for feedback for the same feature in afl is what anyone would interpret i guess!

ofcourse its not an announcement but close i would say!

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
ross has even said the creator is easy to use on the same thread.. .. I cant seem to think of ross using his time saying a feature is in game when its not in another game's thread! Rather looking for feedback for the same feature in afl is what anyone would interpret i guess!

ofcourse its not an announcement but close i would say!

Oh yeah.

Basically I'm saying "yeah, we all know it WILL be in there", but also "It's not 100%, so let's wait and see"

border33

Club Captain
There's confirmed and there's *confirmed*.

I'm not counting half-jokey posts in unrelated forums as 100% gospel.

Agree it's open to each person's interpretation as to whether it's half-jokey or not. As for it being in an unrelated forum, that's somewhat debatable as well. Bigfooty was one of the early places he engaged the fan base for a game title - there's even DBC threads there too.

BA's own HBK even started his career there too - a'la MattW here.

Last edited:

Col. Hans Landa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Latest screenshot shared by BigAnt Studios on Facebook

Attachments

• 13995366_1011991512254949_123847080536024918_o.jpg
    13995366_1011991512254949_123847080536024918_o.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 173

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW @BigAntStudios can u plz add few more kit patterns like 96-97 carlton united australi series jerseys.
Similarly in logo placement plz add some default position as addional option like front right/front left/right arm/left arm etc so there must be standard in unifirms else few logos up and few down approx in positions or add position xy values.

FNK

Club Captain
Sorry if this has been asked. Can women be added to mens team and play together?

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW @BigAntStudios one more thing can u add world records in stats so we break any record like lara 401 then our player/match updated in that test high inn score. U can further make wolrd records like base/earned/total so that would be great to break any real world record wile playing game such bbi, highest score 440 in odis etc etc

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Since they are mo-capping..Can you guys add a stance where the batsman can watch the ball leave or defend at press of a button? Similar to R3 for advance mode stance, we could have one with L3 as it would be great addition for tests, even for settling down in any format for that matter..L3 should automatically bring that bat raised and ready to leave stance [Just the batsman watching the ball pass him would be enough] and playing to that should be a push shot or defensive shot...

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Since they are mo-capping..Can you guys add a stance where the batsman can watch the ball leave or defend at press of a button? Similar to R3 for advance mode stance, we could have one with L3 as it would be great addition for tests, even for settling down in any format for that matter..L3 should automatically bring that bat raised and ready to leave stance [Just the batsman watching the ball pass him would be enough] and playing to that should be a push shot or defensive shot...

Actually I think a L analogue alone input can be set for leave and A button for ducking? Would that work? Holding L in a particular direction without a shot direction input can be considered as a leave in that direction? I really feel this would be close to cricket where all you do is just move you feet (Footwork Selection) and don't play a shot (No Shot input) for leaving.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Too risky, if they did it that way where would the cutoff be for being able to input a shot with the right stick? You'd have cases where you would want to play a shot but the leave animation has already kicked in.

You could go the other way and put it on the right stick without a foot placement input?
But then you force new players playing on the easy difficulties to input foot placement when they might not be ready to.

The way it is now, to leave the ball in 14 I'm just not inputting anything, which is leading to the odd accidental ramp to the keeper.

Definitely a tough problem to solve as both trigger fingers and both thumbs are occupied, if only the new xbox elite was the standard button configuration with the extra paddles behind the pad.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Too risky, if they did it that way where would the cutoff be for being able to input a shot with the right stick? You'd have cases where you would want to play a shot but the leave animation has already kicked in.

You could go the other way and put it on the right stick without a foot placement input?
But then you force new players playing on the easy difficulties to input foot placement when they might not be ready to.

The way it is now, to leave the ball in 14 I'm just not inputting anything, which is leading to the odd accidental ramp to the keeper.

Definitely a tough problem to solve as both trigger fingers and both thumbs are occupied, if only the new xbox elite was the standard button configuration with the extra paddles behind the pad.

i disagree i think sibi's suggestion is much better than either depressing analog as before - which led to accidental leaves, or pressing a as now which is next to impossible to not premeditate

SibiNaayagam

International Coach

Exactly why I said 'HOLD'. There two ways I see. Easiest way...make the leave animation a non-commited one. If the user decides to play the shot and it is within the acceptable limit then the shot animation can play in. I previously thought it was very tough but in DBC14 if you move the player at the last minute then your input for shot will be received belatedly. In DBC17 Nets that has been resolved. I can still move very late, with the player still not yet completing the animation but yet take the input for shot. So it is doable I believe.

Otherwise what I had in mind was having a cutoff time where you hold the L analogue in a direction for a sec and half or so to set the animation in. (Or lesser. They can always optimise.)

But, there is a third way. One that I feel would be the best visually and closest to how a batsman bats. In that L stick is completely for footwork (leg and body animation) and R is for shot (hands and bat animation follow-up). So when the ball is released you have to anyway select footwork first and then the shot. So the body animation sets in for L movement while bat comes in for R movement next. This makes it LOOK realistic in the first place and if you never input the Shot then he can just sway the bat of the line when the ball nears him. Additionally if you want to play the late cuts then BA can probably have an option for automatic leave switched off; helps all through T20s and ODIs where leaving isn't your priority.

The last method though requires a seamless stitching of hundreds of animations put together. Given they have a mo-cap studio and huge step up, perhaps next iteration?

Meanwhile, the R stick input alone already has an output. So I don't think you need that to be revised.

Users who are viewing this thread