Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Dave Hat

School Cricketer
I am playing a custom tournament with custom teams and each team has 2 different uniforms but i cant select which uniform will be used by each team before the match. some teams end up wearing whites in T20s. Not sure if im missing something here or not?

maddawg1136

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Has anyone else had a problem downloading teams? I tried get best as I just got the game yesterday but everything was censored. So I was going to try download them seperately but get a message about my PSN account not being allowed to download created content, could not find a way around this?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Has anyone else had a problem downloading teams? I tried get best as I just got the game yesterday but everything was censored. So I was going to try download them seperately but get a message about my PSN account not being allowed to download created content, could not find a way around this?
Patched up to latest version?

Symbolism

School Cricketer
I can summarise this game reasonably easily.

They cared less about making a high functioning game of cricket (i.e batting, bowling and fielding) for a bunch of periphery crap (stadium creator, logo designer, team designer, tour designer, etc)

As it currently stands, Don Bradman 14 is a much better cricket game.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
A few things are bothering me:
1. I didn't know Xavier Doherty and Nathan Lyon bowled wronguns- but they're certainly dishing them out in shield cricket
2. We seem to have lazy runners - a number of times I've pushed for a single and I've reached the other end but the non striking Ai batsman is still half way - wtf is he doing??
3. I've had run outs where I've called for a run, cancelled it with my player running back and yet the other Ai batsman still runs to my side and ends up getting out

mani761

Club Captain
This is incredible.
15747691_1314444025285097_1409370251346709607_n.jpg

Reactions: DAP
Got the game for christmas - it lacks so much feel and atmosphere. From the dead sound of the ball hitting the bat, to the horrible commentary, to having no indicators coming up on screen to tell how your team is tracking chasing down a total, and of course the limited and often pathetic animations. If I have to take one thing from the game is that its simply boring as batshit to play. I tried to give it a go, but when I have other quality sport games like MLB 16 The Show to play which offers a ridiculous amount of features and realism and then look at this game, the gulf is huge. Yet Don Bradman is a more expensive game. :rolleyes Im a cricket tragic, but not even my love for the game can keep me playing this. Its just not an enjoyable simulation of the game of cricket. Having to navigate around the complex and horrendous menus to find things Im looking for is nothing but frustrating. Even changing a field is a chore!!! As is dealing with all the bugs and limitations. Even my cricket obsessed little nephew got bored of it in 10 minutes.

Back to the shops tomorrow it goes. Think Ill stick with international cricket captain to get my cricket fix.

Last edited:

County cricketer

School Cricketer
Got the game for christmas - it lacks so much feel and atmosphere. From the dead sound of the ball hitting the bat, to the horrible commentary, to having no indicators coming up on screen to tell how your team is tracking chasing down a total, and of course the limited and often pathetic animations. If I have to take one thing from the game is that its simply boring as batshit to play. I tried to give it a go, but when I have other quality sport games like MLB 16 The Show to play which offers a ridiculous amount of features and realism and then look at this game, the gulf is huge. Yet Don Bradman is a more expensive game. :rolleyes Im a cricket tragic, but not even my love for the game can keep me playing this. Its just not an enjoyable simulation of the game of cricket. Having to navigate around the complex and horrendous menus to find things Im looking for is nothing but frustrating. Even changing a field is a chore!!! As is dealing with all the bugs and limitations. Even my cricket obsessed little nephew got bored of it in 10 minutes.

Back to the shops tomorrow it goes. Think Ill stick with international cricket captain to get my cricket fix.
I think it has potential but it's like they've dished out a half finished game, I hate how all the logos on created uniforms eg. New zealands Ford logo and all the logos on bats are fuzzy and look awful, I'm praying big ant fix it as to be honest it is completely ruining the game

Alberts

International Coach

Lack of atmosphere, animations, commentary... and back to Cricket Captain? Whatever floats your boat, but to be blunt, Cricket Captain wasn't a complete product when they finished it 10 years ago. Though, to be fair, some of their full price patches have added a few more domestic sides in recent years.

paulW

School Cricketer
Waste of money wait till the game is complete. All it does is crash all the time and can't even play career mode

Alberts

International Coach
I think it has potential but it's like they've dished out a half finished game, I hate how all the logos on created uniforms eg. New zealands Ford logo and all the logos on bats are fuzzy and look awful, I'm praying big ant fix it as to be honest it is completely ruining the game

It's an odd one. I could make better looking stuff for DBC 14, and the system in place should be able to produce higher quality in game. It's probably to save on memory usage in game, just look at the number of editable things. I'm also getting a bit of lag while batting in custom stadia as well. Hopefully Big Ant can fix a lot of that for patch 3, though that could take a while, might not be until after the PC release.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia

I look forward to you posting more questions about the game next week.

Users who are viewing this thread