Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
As far as I can see, PS4 Boost Mode doesn't seem to improve the performance of DBC 17, in case anyone is wondering.

The game is optimised for the pro isn't it? It already runs better on the pro, boost mode is for unsupported games.

Gunslinger

Club Cricketer

Kart7

School Cricketer
Hello people,

I am unable to upload teams in DBC 17, unlike DBC 14.

My changes were mainly managing the squads and fine tuning the playing XI across different formats.
(My initial source was the Get Best from the community, as is the case for all new DBC 17 entrants).

Now, I would also like to upload by optimizing the latest squads, Best XI online but I get the message the teams are already up-to-date.

Has anyone faced a similar constraint before or does anyone have a solution? Thanks.

Cheers.
Kart (Platform: PC thru Steam)

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hello people,

I am unable to upload teams in DBC 17, unlike DBC 14.

My changes were mainly managing the squads and fine tuning the playing XI across different formats.
(My initial source was the Get Best from the community, as is the case for all new DBC 17 entrants).

Now, I would also like to upload by optimizing the latest squads, Best XI online but I get the message the teams are already up-to-date.

Has anyone faced a similar constraint before or does anyone have a solution? Thanks.

Cheers.
Kart (Platform: PC thru Steam)
change name of team, save, change back the name of team, re-upload

Gunslinger

Club Cricketer
Looking forward to the next patch to fix the running between wickets on the PS4 version. It's driving me nuts really. The R1 modifier is there for fine control to get quick singles and two's, but it's hard to take advantage of it because the controlled batsman is so unresponsive when asked to run.

DemonicHuntsman

Club Captain
Looking forward to the next patch to fix the running between wickets on the PS4 version. It's driving me nuts really. The R1 modifier is there for fine control to get quick singles and two's, but it's hard to take advantage of it because the controlled batsman is so unresponsive when asked to run.

You have to remember that he needs to pose after playing a shot though. Very important aspect of cricket!

D

Deleted member 46200

'Running' between wickets? My player struggles to get her fat ass off the crease. It needs to be looked at as we need to sometimes do the suicide single.[DOUBLEPOST=1486576153][/DOUBLEPOST]
You have to remember that he needs to pose after playing a shot though. Very important aspect of cricket!
I have perfected the confused and dazed look wondering where the stumps have all gone...?

Plotinus

Associate Captain
I know this is probably just me because many people have complained about the running between the wickets...but I actually like the way it works right now. It feels more human to have hesitancy at times rather than just press the button and both batsmen run in synchronised harmony. I'm not sure if this is the design intent or not but I've had some fun with the slightly unpredicatable running between the wickets...never quite sure if that quick single is going to work out or whether I'll have to cancel the run when half way down the track or need to dive for the crease because of either my, or my batting partner's, tardiness in setting off.

border33

Club Captain
I know this is probably just me because many people have complained about the running between the wickets...but I actually like the way it works right now. It feels more human to have hesitancy at times rather than just press the button and both batsmen run in synchronised harmony. I'm not sure if this is the design intent or not but I've had some fun with the slightly unpredicatable running between the wickets...never quite sure if that quick single is going to work out or whether I'll have to cancel the run when half way down the track or need to dive for the crease because of either my, or my batting partner's, tardiness in setting off.

I've actually gotta agree with this too. In most of the scenarios that it has occurred in the games I've played, it has mimicked what happens in a real game of cricket. ie - play a straight drive past the bowler, the non striker waits to see that it gets past him before he takes off or even heads back a little in case he thinks he'll be run out by a touch on the ball from the bowler. Another one, play a back foot shot and it can take a while to get your balance/momentum going to take off for a run.

SimonC4

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I've actually gotta agree with this too. In most of the scenarios that it has occurred in the games I've played, it has mimicked what happens in a real game of cricket. ie - play a straight drive past the bowler, the non striker waits to see that it gets past him before he takes off or even heads back a little in case he thinks he'll be run out by a touch on the ball from the bowler. Another one, play a back foot shot and it can take a while to get your balance/momentum going to take off for a run.
I don't disagree with those things, they are nice touches. The scenarios that I have issue with are:

1. If you hit a drive and run straight away the striker will run immediately. If you hit a drive, wait about a second, and then run, the striker won't run straight away and it's not until the non striker is about halfway down before he starts to run. This is in career mode, so I'm the player, I've called yes and yet I don't run.
2. Not always sliding the bat. I've been run out over the line and my player didn't slide his bat. This also happens a lot when cancelling a run, I don't think the batter ever slides the bat after cancelling a run.

A slight annoyance is that my batter sometimes turns the wrong way when running more than one.

A funny scenario happened when I got both AI batsmen at the bowlers end. The ball was returned to the keeper but he refused to take the bails off, I assume because both batters were behind the crease. The game ended up being stuck in that situation, so I had to reload.

grkrama

National Board President
i think the running system is good in making each batsman a individual and not a synchronised pair of running robots, but just needs to be tweaked so that the difference isnt huge, that batsman dont pose too much after a shot even when the run is called etc.

Users who are viewing this thread