Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Better than buying a new console I believe. More than they need PC platform (as PC sales is less than 10%), it is us, who need a decent cricket game on PC. So, I would always like to see the positive side of the life.
you are made that way:D;)

Last edited:

Eugene

County Cricketer
SA.....
No; the whole team has been kidnapped by aliens and turned into barking dolphins; they were last seen heading towards Alpha Centuri wailing the hits from the Sound of Music in the style of Donald Trump......

Good stuff hopefully they find Sean Murray.:p

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Any reason behind the PC delay? Thought that it wouldnt be so this time with online login to game made compulsory from the start..

It's still very scary, if someone manages to crack the PC version and torrent it then we are cooked (you can forget sequels too). The one month delay is a compromise position.

I understand this may not be a popular opinion here and also understand the need to delay the PC release to make the most out of console sales. However, I do not agree that they do not need the PC Platform. Amongst other reasons (like getting feedback), the academy has been released on PC as a means for having the content ready for the Console users right on release date. If BA were to say "there would be no PC version but there is only going to be the Academy on PC to create content for Console users", I am not sure they would have so much user generated content as presently on the Academy and even if there were - it would be very, very limited on release date which makes the game quite a bit less appealing.

We don't "need" the PC platform, it would be reasonable to have the tools (Academy) on the PC to supply the Console versions with content - but only if I'd stated that was the case up front, it wouldn't be reasonable unless clearly communicated.

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Some people definitely going to try to crack it and there is chance they will succeed, so the decision of launching the game after a month of console launch is reasonable and understandable.

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ross can you confirm if the PS4 pro version of the game will run at 60fps 1080p and what about for 4K will that run at 30fps?

kasabian21

International Coach
This reminds me of the massive bitch fit @MattW had when it was announced that DBC14 was delayed by two months. Lmao.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Obviously slightly disappointed by the delay on PC...but it's not a big deal. I am still enjoying DBC14 (thanks, in no small part, to @francobaldo1) and that will keep me going. Not being a console owner (and I doubt I ever will be) I'm really grateful that BA are sticking with the PC platform...particularly as they don't need to, commercially, and it introduces a greater risk of piracy. This time round, however, I won't be watching vicariously as people play on the consoles...I'll wait to see it for the first time when it hits Steam.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Any chance of a digital pre load @BigAntStudios? I fully expect to be downloading more than 2GB this time around and the option to unlock on release will be huge.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
On top of this, if anyone wants me to do a particular career mode (e.g. batsman/all-rounder/bowler) then let me know. I think to begin with I would do a batsman as there may be a few things that need to be worked out early on. Then as the game is steady in terms of updates get into an all-rounder career mode.

Thoughts?
Will you use a rookie or be a pro mode for the career?

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Big Ant Studios and Home Entertainment Suppliers have announced that the successor to Don Bradman Cricket 14 will be released in December 2016 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

Urgh...

Still better than last time, but that was definitely misleading, wherever it came from. Understand the reasons, etc, but it's no wonder I've kept myself off the hype train this time round. What's annoying is that with the expected release approaching, I was finally letting myself get excited, and now this happens again. Frustrating but obviously it can't be helped now. Still massively looking forward to the game of course, and hope it does well all round.

Look forward to hearing reports on the gameplay from the console gamers soon at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread