Good Bye India.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
We have had worser defeats before. And Dhoni sacked from what? We are playing ODI's next (Dhoni should be back for the Asia Cup). You want him sacked for that??? Or for the tests coming up?

Irresponsible Indian citizen? Then there must of millions of irresponsible Indian citizens out there who have taken bad decisions in their respective professions. Dhoni is one among those million (by your logic). So he need not worry about it.:sarcasm One more thing I want to ask - many are blaming Srikanth and his supposed favoring of Tamil Nadu players. In India, we have a set of selectors consisting 4-5 people (dont know the exact count). Only when the majority of the selectors vote for a particular player, he gets selected (in case of a tie, the chief selector has the right to chose the best candidate). If Srikanth was indeed favoring Tamil players, what were the other selectors doing? Do you mean to say they were taken into confidence by Srikanth? Are they that naive? Selectors never get compliments when the team does well. Its all the team's credit. But when we fail, the selectors are in the chopping block.
Well, if Dhoni is an irresponsible citizen, why do ya need him to lead the side? And Dhoni must be given rest, and he should be bought back as a player, but not as captain. Enough of his talent for team India.

And Selection. You say that what were the other selectors doing?
They don't have chief power. They just are nominated for name sake, not for doing their duties perfectly. They just nod even if they announce your name in the Indian team.

And Srikanth being the panel of selectors, can do whatever he want when others are sleeping.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Then the problem is not with Srikanth, the actual problem is with the board who is selecting selectors who can dictate terms to the other people to the panel. In India everytime the team doesnt do well, the selectors are blamed for having regional bias. When we do well, nothing is said. When we dont do well, everything is being said.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Binnu, you are overreacting. IIRC, Dhoni has still lost only one Test match as captain. He's earned himself some rope just for that.

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
SaiSrini said:
When we do well, nothing is said. When we dont do well, everything is being said.

That's the key point. Where were all these Dhoni-haters are freaking news channels when the guy was winning trophies after trophies for India? What's worse is that even former cricketers have jumped into the Mahendra Dhoni bashwagon. It's just not done! This guy has whitewashed England 5-0, won us the CB series, the inaugural T-20 WC, taken us to the finals of Asia Cup and guided us to the number one position in Test cricket. You can't just turn him into a villain overnight and start bashing the hell out of him. It won't be plausible to jump into anyone conclusions on the basis of a few T-20 matches.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
"Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me"

kripss

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dhoni aint a bad captain. He actually has "brain" and uses it well on the field (thats why hes being quoted as one of the best captains in cricket). Hes the one who thinks different from the crowd. But what he cant understand is "playing for your Nation > Everything else". He still thinks performing well in a competition like IPL means alot than in an "International" tourney where you have to represent not only ur team but ur nation too. He still has the spark in his captaincy through which he made such a huge fan-following. As Kapil Dev says, he (and other players) just need to understand their responsibility. If you r dedicated enuf, you can outperform everyone in such tourneys without difficulties coz you do have such an excellent team (with enuf bench-strength).

Also, the day K.Sreekant was made the chief selector by BCCI, I indeed lold at the decision. Why we r seeing this day is just becoz of the selectors. Bad team selection, above that Mr.Dhoni's wrong captaincy.

At the end of day, i give 1% benefit of doubt to Dhoni too, as blaming and pointing at someone is very easy, but remember when you point at someone, you are actually pointing 1 finger at him and other 4 at yourself.

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
I haven't read all the comments here, but what's the point of this thread?? Had pakistan been knocked out i'm sure none of the indians would've made a thread as such. Pakistan's entry into the semis is due to the misfortunes of the other's or else the'd be on their way back home too.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Binnu actually works for Aaj Tak, guys. His irrationality is understandable. His job is to be a drama queen and make sensationalist, over-the-top remarks.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Dhoni's Excuses (my opinion in bracket)

1) IPL fatigue and the players' failure to cope with rising deliveries. (How come Aussies, SL make use of IPL well. Lankans played against Rising Delieveries, so no problem for Other Asian players)

2) Excess IPL matches and late night parties ruined them. ( Who was forcing them to attend these parties?)

3) We didn't perform to our potential. The last 4-5 overs that they bowled really restricted us. We need to improve in quite a few areas. (Granted, how many YEARS you need to improve in those departments?)

4) Batting is our main strength, we flopped there. (Gimme some break. Without Sachin, Dravid etc., Indian batting is "Great Indian Fashion Show"... Parade/ Rampwalk to Pavilion)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
To be honest, we were very well deceived by the Barbados wicket and its liveliness. West Indies wickets in recent times have acquired the reputation of being slow and low. Even Barbados (which used to be a terrific surface once upon a time, I still remember that 97 test match where India were bowled out for 81 chasing 120) was not the same pitch that it used to be and it was also slowing down. And so, our team was packed with spinners, and we went in with players who can bat on such slow and low pitches. But the Barbados one suddenly decides to liven up and we were stuck because two of our most important games were played on that wicket. Not an excuse, but this is what has happened. Again, our players should be blamed because they have to adapt well to any sort of conditions. We cant pick players for certain conditions.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Dhoni's Excuses (my opinion in bracket)

1) IPL fatigue and the players' failure to cope with rising deliveries. (How come Aussies, SL make use of IPL well. Lankans played against Rising Delieveries, so no problem for Other Asian players)

2) Excess IPL matches and late night parties ruined them. ( Who was forcing them to attend these parties?)

3) We didn't perform to our potential. The last 4-5 overs that they bowled really restricted us. We need to improve in quite a few areas. (Granted, how many YEARS you need to improve in those departments?)

4) Batting is our main strength, we flopped there. (Gimme some break. Without Sachin, Dravid etc., Indian batting is "Great Indian Fashion Show"... Parade/ Rampwalk to Pavilion)

Who cares the bold part ? :p

rahulkhush added 4 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Binnu say's Dhoni is irresponsible citizen?? :laugh:laugh

So childish!!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Umm... Sri Lanka were definitely troubled by rising deliveries. They were bowled out for 87 against Australia, remember? They've got a couple of very experienced Test cricketers (Sanga and Jayawardene, too) so you have to account for them being able to play that kind of bowling.

Wasn't Modi actually doing something to the effect of forcing? I seem to remember reading something about it. Also, you can't possibly argue that the IPL doesn't have an excessive number of matches.

He's just stating facts, geez.

Pretty unfair statement. Batting is definitely our strength--our bowlers have been pretty expensive in both ODIs and T20's. The likes of Gambhir, Yuvi, Dhoni are tried and tested international players. Rohit and Raina are talented batsmen. Comparatively, our bowlers have been pretty much toothless in this form of the game.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
To be honest, we were very well deceived by the Barbados wicket and its liveliness. West Indies wickets in recent times have acquired the reputation of being slow and low. Even Barbados (which used to be a terrific surface once upon a time, I still remember that 97 test match where India were bowled out for 81 chasing 120) was not the same pitch that it used to be and it was also slowing down. And so, our team was packed with spinners, and we went in with players who can bat on such slow and low pitches. But the Barbados one suddenly decides to liven up and we were stuck because two of our most important games were played on that wicket. Not an excuse, but this is what has happened. Again, our players should be blamed because they have to adapt well to any sort of conditions. We cant pick players for certain conditions.

I agree with you. But why didn't India play even one practice match? That not because ICC din't plan. Indians had pretty fair T20 practice in IPL, which made them say no to practice matches.

Who cares the bold part ? :p

rahulkhush added 4 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Binnu say's Dhoni is irresponsible citizen?? :laugh:laugh

So childish!!

What more shall I say. I do respect Dhoni for his talent of his captaincy. Once upon a time, he was a great captain. But now his plans are not working and he's hesitating to agree that. If he agrees that "Yes, we've lost for not practicing well, and we are accepting defeat" (it doesn't mattter as even if he won't accept defeat, we are defeated:p), what would have been the situation? Even Pakistanis would have respected him rather than opening this thread.

For everything, one must approach in a right way. Not saying reckless answers like "I dunno what actually is in other players mind, so we are planning out yet" or something like that. "One must accept defeat happily if his opponent defeats him", its must for every captain. Unfortunately, India have seen only few captains with such attitude (Sourav Ganguly, Kapil Dev, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble, Virender Sehwag).

Umm... Sri Lanka were definitely troubled by rising deliveries. They were bowled out for 87 against Australia, remember? They've got a couple of very experienced Test cricketers (Sanga and Jayawardene, too) so you have to account for them being able to play that kind of bowling.

See the difference in commitment which India and Sri Lanka has. Even in a evaporated situation, they try to WIN the game. They just won't give away about 30 runs in 2 overs if they lose Semies chances.

Wasn't Modi actually doing something to the effect of forcing? I seem to remember reading something about it. Also, you can't possibly argue that the IPL doesn't have an excessive number of matches.
Nopes. It was left to players. The decision of attending IPL nights was left to players and Modi had no finger over that issue.

He's just stating facts, geez.
Yeah:D:D.

Pretty unfair statement. Batting is definitely our strength--our bowlers have been pretty expensive in both ODIs and T20's. The likes of Gambhir, Yuvi, Dhoni are tried and tested international players. Rohit and Raina are talented batsmen. Comparatively, our bowlers have been pretty much toothless in this form of the game.
Bowlers are tooothless. How long?? They have to go to some pace academies, learn some tricks and get better and better, not attending IPL Nights and dancing with girls. If you say that I'm crippled in an area, you must try to cover that up, not saying that "I can't" and enjoying with what you have.

(Here you = Indian bowlers:).)

Overall: Team India- Men in Blue = EPIC FAIL!
(I even have stopped my Team India Men in Blue story for Dhoni and his men doing all such cheap activities.)

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm sick of all these discussions and argument. In my opinion, Dhoni, IPL Nights, no one is to blame. It is just that there are 8 teams and 4 have to get out no matter who they are.
Just think, South Africa which is a better team than India has too lost. Have they faced the same treatment by their boards?
Why do you all people behave like "India is the best team", "India should not lose" etc etc?

IMO, no one is to blame for this loss. If anything is to blame then it is the format of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread