Group B - 9th Match Netherslands v Pakistan

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You can check out some photos here: Cricket Photos | ICC World Twenty20 2009 | Cricinfo.com Check out the pictures where the batsmen are celebrating and Broad is on his knees.

This is a good one: there is a picture where they are celebrating in the England dressing-room. :laugh

Here is a story written about it:

'As if to rub it in, Netherlands celebrated their astonishing four-wicket victory at Lord's in the home dressing room as a little part of the home of cricket became forever Dutch.'
http://www.cricinfo.com/wt202009/content/current/story/407647.html

Sarah

School Cricketer
:eek::rolleyes: What the crap??? South Africa at 50% and India at 5%?

I dont expect England to beat Pakistan (they are a better T20 side than England). England have to pull up a very special one to beat Pakistan and stay alive (they should hope Pakistan lose to Netherlands so that their game vs Pakistan becomes a knockout).

What do u think?

India Will win again?........

Noo.....I dont think sooo

Because........Yuvraj (My Hero) Isnt in the form............:p

But I like when India beats Pakistan..........
:happy

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I'd say the WI fans are the best in the world, but you have a point. Still, the heartbreak must be awful.

Nah, they don`t care for anything but the Ashes !

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
I reckon this game will be interesting, it'll really be a confidence breaker towards the Ashes if they can't beat Pakistan.

I'm still wowed at the Dutch (Not in that manner).

karnog

International Cricketer
England slip over the bannana peel and are impaled by the bannana. Broad tried to pull off a Jonty Rhodes and ended up dropping the ball. The lad is unfortunately too brittle. Lol teach England to be complacent. I thought Flower and Strauss taught them to harden up.

Sarah

School Cricketer
England slip over the bannana peel and are impaled by the bannana. Broad tried to pull off a Jonty Rhodes and ended up dropping the ball. The lad is unfortunately too brittle. Lol teach England to be complacent. I thought Flower and Strauss taught them to harden up.

Lol..........

Broad was unlucky..................

nz0003

International Cricketer
FKN LOL AT ENGLAND

Hopefully this puts NZ in the right state of mind for our game against the Scots.

aditya123

National Board President
What this game shows is that you cannot turn up to matches thinking of them as warm-ups for the Ashes. It is a home `World Cup` for God`s sake. If this is`nt motivating enough, then what is ? The Dutch seemed up for it, right from the time the anthems were played. England on the other hand looked as if they could just turn up and win. This game again shows what a great leveler it is (a great cliche) !

Agreed, Test cricket is he pinnacle of the sport but this is`nt a one-off T20I but a World Championship of the sport. It should matter to the team and the fans if you perform badly in a world-event. The Dutch wanted to be a part of the occasion more than the English side and the result is there for all to see. It was great to see the Dutch being supported well. I hope this helps to raise the profile of the game in the Netherlands.

I feel sorry for England,really. Cricket needs a strong England and an England which cares for all forms of the game equally and not treat every game as an Ashes Warm-up. This article actually echoes my sentiment.

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/407652.html

Last edited:

Ari

International Cricketer
Came in here to check the avatars before looking at the result on cricinfo got a surprise lol.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Well done by the underdogs. I won't be surprised if Pak Bites the dust against them too given their record of being at the wrong end of upsets.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I was right ! :happy
I had said earlier on that the Dutch would pull up a surprise.

Upon close examination of the match,one finds that the English batted well,but fielded poorly.
The Dutch were excellent. Had England held on to their half-chances,we would have had a very different result here.
Traditionally,England is known to start a home tournament poorly.

Full credit to the Dutch for this victory. Almost ensures them a place in the Super 8 now.

aditya123

National Board President
Will the anthems be played before every game? If so what about the West Indies?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Will the anthems be played before every game? If so what about the West Indies?

I think they'll play T&T anthem as they are the reigning domestic champs in the Windies. Else,it could be the anthem of Gayle's nation.

karnog

International Cricketer
Actually England batted well till the 11th over. All of a sudden the Dutch started to bowl well and field well. I think England just let go of the accelerator. The moment Bopara got out. That and a severe lack of sixes. Oh Dimitri where art thou?

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Broad should apply for Dutch citizenship..he really gave them the match tonight in that last over..2-3 run out chances, dropped catch which didn't really look that difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread