Group B thread (England, Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, Sweden)

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
sid_19840 said:
England Im afraid are going to be knocked out in the quarter's again.At times I cant understand Sven,yesterday was a perfect opportunity to give Walcott a chance when Owen was injured,Im still confident that we will beat Ecuador but once we reach the quarters the lack of forwards is going to hurt us big time.
When you have midfielders scoring goals, why would you need forwards? Personally I would like to see Lennon play more often.

sid_19840

International Coach
m_vaughan said:
When you have midfielders scoring goals, why would you need forwards? Personally I would like to see Lennon play more often.

Against top oppositions unless forwards can contribute you'll end up losing or at best drawing the game as they are supposed to be your main source of goals.Also I know how good our midfield is but we cant expect them to win every game for us.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Random, but I think Joe Cole's awesome! He plays so well in every game and seems to perform when in good touch! Only thing I hate about him is he plays for Chelsea.

sportzchick

Club Cricketer
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/w...and/5100516.stm

Injured Owen returning to England

Michael Owen is out of the World Cup and flying back to England after injuring his knee against Sweden, the Football Association has confirmed.

The 26-year-old striker twisted his right knee in the second minute of the 2-2 draw with the Swede's in Cologne.

He had a scan near England's training camp at Baden-Baden on Wednesday.

:(

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
IloveGilly said:
Random, but I think Joe Cole's awesome! He plays so well in every game and seems to perform when in good touch! Only thing I hate about him is he plays for Chelsea.
I think playing with Arjen Robben at Chelsea has improved his game.

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
This is an off topic question to m_vaughan :p

m_vaughan what happend to your usertitle?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Farrukh_|$B said:
This is an off topic question to m_vaughan :p

m_vaughan what happend to your usertitle?

Got deleted accidentally when we were updating usertitles after the PC awards. Should be correct now.

Regarding forwards or midfielders scoring goals I go back to the point I made earlier. Our midfielders are far better than our forwards (Rooney when fit excepted) and both knock in plenty for their clubs so I've got no problem with giving them more freedom with 5 in midfield.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
barmyarmy said:
Definitely not just you...
He's pretty rubbish for his club as well.
there, atleast someone say's the truth,why did they even get him in squad, OK he scored goals, erm.. big deal? I would rather put Gerrard up front, then Peter Crouch.

Users who are viewing this thread