Group F thread (Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Drewska said:
No Duffy. He got 3 yellows and one red. Poll had a bit of a schocker. Great game, the best of the tournament. Kewell was MoM by far. Well doen soccerrosoos :D:D:.

Hate to say it, but I agree with you that Kewell was man of the match! I can't believe Poll didn't let that last minute goal count! And I think it was Cahill who scored it as well! This was an absolutley fantastic match, as where Australia's other two games as well. I can sleep easily tonight!

Last edited:

James219

International Cricketer
cric_craze said:
and for people who say that the goal was offside well then australia should have got a penalty when the guy did a hand ball in the penalty area on a cross or was it a free kick

Yeah, you're right, it was in the box.

Radaga

International Coach
why do the english hate australia so much? :(
The referring was shocking. Firstly the hold on Viduka in the second half was a blatant penalty and when the croatian payer punched the ball behind for a corner!? I do believe that you need to be the goalkeeper to do that without giving away a penalty! :mad:
Then Siminuc got two yellow cards, that means a red, but Poll didn't sed him off and instead gave him another yellow!?!?!?

Guus, why did you play Spider?, he made a terrible mistake...
I don't understand the reasoning behind dropping Schwarzer, he is a good keeper and i didn't see him do anything bad eough to warrant being dropped.
Good on the Australian's for making it through, but after todays game and the brazilian game it looks like the refs are all against you.......

He didn't show it too him the first time..
ok, didn't notice that. Take on of my comments back! :p

Last edited:

Radaga

International Coach
Drewska said:
Hiddinks main reaosn for playing Kalac where that he is good at collecting crosses etc.
I don't think that reason alone warrants his selection. Whats the point in catching the crosses if you can't save a weak shot hit straight at you, lol :p
Mind you he tends to come out a lot and mis-judges where the ball is. He nearly stuffed up towards the end when he came out and missed it.

James219

International Cricketer
'Shame that Emerton won't be eligible for selection against Italy- although he's been poor at times, he's also assumed a very versatile role in the side, meaning his shoes will be hard ones to fill.
Kalac's alright, but as you said, doesn't size up the situation all the time, and some of his throws are just wasteful- it'll be interesting to see who gets the gig in four days' time.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
As for Emerton i think his second booking was a bit stupid, he didn't need to handball it. Althjough he would of been suspended with just one yellow.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Radaga said:
The referring was shocking. Firstly the hold on Viduka in the second half was a blatant penalty and when the croatian payer punched the ball behind for a corner!? I do believe that you need to be the goalkeeper to do that without giving away a penalty! :mad:
Then Siminuc got two yellow cards, that means a red, but Poll didn't sed him off and instead gave him another yellow!?!?!?

I don't understand the reasoning behind dropping Schwarzer, he is a good keeper and i didn't see him do anything bad eough to warrant being dropped.
Good on the Australian's for making it through, but after todays game and the brazilian game it looks like the refs are all against you.......

That sums up the ref. Bloody pathetic!
Kewell was awesome, unlucky not to have a double from point blank range. Cahill hasn't been as good but defence was good. Hopefully Schz is back after that shocking effort by Kalac.

sachin

International Coach
Radaga said:

Well i agree whole heartedly.And he did show him the card.Three yellow cards is a disgrace you,and this is the best the english can give the world? :D

Three penalties in one match would be some kind of record... :happy :cheers :clap

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
yeeee Australia qualifiedd :happy:happy :clap :clap! Altough the game against Italy will be hard one! Good Luck Aus!

And also Brazil played very good! Ronaldo actually came back man! he does play a lot better than before! before he didnt even bother to run! :D :clap for brazil and i also didnt loose my vcash :D

Sureshot

Executive member
Radaga said:

The English don't hate Australia, Graham Poll was complacent not biased.

As for the 2 other penalties, both definite penalties, but Poll could never have seen the Viduka 'hug' because he was behind him, that was the linesmans fault imo not Polls. As for the handball could have said the same, but he gave one in the first half.

Overall, he was an absolute farce, just glad it didn't cost Australia in the end.

If this World Cup doesn't get Australia more into football (5th highest team sport apparently) then nothing ever will.

Well done Australia.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Australia are into football, the amount of juniors playing it is more than any other sporting code. It's just the fans don't turn up for the league games, but any international are sold out especially at the MCG with 90,000 people packing out the stadium. Not many countries can say they do that :)

Users who are viewing this thread