Group H thread (Spain, Ukraine, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia)

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Football Is Great! World Cup is Greatest Show on earth! World is unfair, Not World Football!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Spain are looking good to take this World Cup out. Pre form has been awesome they haven't been better in 10+ games, and now 4-0 over Ukraine! Expect to see some thrashing in the next two games.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Definitely the Spain attack is looking to be the best till now and they understand each other very well. Tough luck for Saudi Arabia though, going 2-1 up and then drwaing the game in the last couple of minutes.

Sureshot

Executive member
Spain got a lot of luck their way yesterday, although they still deserved the win.

The Red Card
The Penalty
Deflected Free Kick
Several Ukrainian offsides which were on.

sachin

International Coach
One of the worst penalties i've ever seen!A slight tug earned a penalty,but what about all the other slight tugs that don't even earn fouls!?Even though Ukraine were convincingly beaten there long balls were excellent.IF they manage to keep it tight at the back they could really open up Tunisia and Suadi Arabia.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
sachin said:
One of the worst penalties i've ever seen!A slight tug earned a penalty,but what about all the other slight tugs that don't even earn fouls!?Even though Ukraine were convincingly beaten there long balls were excellent.IF they manage to keep it tight at the back they could really open up Tunisia and Suadi Arabia.
Their crosses were haywire. Some 14-15 crosses out of which only 2 were completed. At times it seemed they were making extremely random passes, and losing the ball. Even if you ignore the 4-0 scoreline, you got to admit that it was masterful performance from the Spanish, and what was good to see was the defence do so well. Especially Pablo who was like a rock.

edgarisapimp

Club Cricketer
m_vaughan said:
Especially Pablo who was like a rock.
When Casillas got bored in the end and lost the ball way out of his box, Pablo made a fantastic tackle to save the goal. I didn't get to see too much of him during the La Liga season (because I follow Real Madrid :p), but he is really impressing me. He had a solid game, along with Puyol, Ramos, and Pernia. Salgado is there to step in if need be - depth is certainly not Spain's weak point ;).

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
edgarisapimp said:
When Casillas got bored in the end and lost the ball way out of his box, Pablo made a fantastic tackle to save the goal. I didn't get to see too much of him during the La Liga season (because I follow Real Madrid :p), but he is really impressing me. He had a solid game, along with Puyol, Ramos, and Pernia. Salgado is there to step in if need be - depth is certainly not Spain's weak point ;).
Well Pablo was the only one who did well defensively. Puyol, Ramos and Pernia were all more involved with Spain's attack. Puyol did do extremely well in creating that goal for Torres (with Xavi playing a crucial part as well), reminding me of Ronaldinho.

Maybe Ron gave Senior Puyol some tips before the World Cup.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
A good performance by Spain, but there was a lot of luck. Maybe this time they won't crumble like they've always done.

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Ukraine are beating Saudi Arabia 1-0, and deservedly, they have been very good so far.

edgarisapimp

Club Cricketer
Rebrov with a cracker to make it 2-0. The Saudis look really outmatched here. The Ukraine has done a good job rebounding after their performance v. Spain.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I wonder what team Aragones will play against Tunisia. You might say there is no need to change a winning combination, but I am certain that Aragones is picking his team according to the opposition. From what Ive seen of Tunisia, their game is physical but slow. Hence Aragones might be tempted to field pretty much the same side for this game as well. There is a slight chance that Michel Salgado might play.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Looks like another of the favourites isn't so hot after all. Argentina now the best form team out there. Villa subed off already, not as much impact as his first game.

Spain came through in the end of Torres grabing two including one in the last minute from a penalty.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
That Refree was bumming Spain to be honest, way too many Yellow cards, :rooleyes: TUNISIA ARE BETTER THEN SAUDI ARABIA!! LMAO.

Users who are viewing this thread