Group B thread (England, Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, Sweden)

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Trinidad & Tobago derserve some credit. They held on for 80 or so minutes. They came so close to scoring on a few occasions. I hope T&T make it to the round of 16!

sachin

International Coach
Knowone's disputing that just praising T&T.Even though they've put in a gallent effort i would prefer if Sweden went through as they are the better side.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Something interesting: Crouch, when he scored the first goal, he jumped in the air and pulled the Trinidad and Tobago defender on the hair! Cause he pulled him down, he could gain leverage and score the head goal.

cric_craze

Club Cricketer
Left_Hander said:
Trinidad & Tobago derserve some credit. They held on for 80 or so minutes. They came so close to scoring on a few occasions. I hope T&T make it to the round of 16!
they did well but will have to play much better to play in round of 16's . i think they dont deserve to play in round of 16 bcoz they were playing very very defensive.

Sureshot

Executive member
ZexyZahid said:
Something interesting: Crouch, when he scored the first goal, he jumped in the air and pulled the Trinidad and Tobago defender on the hair! Cause he pulled him down, he could gain leverage and score the head goal.

The defender moaned after the game, not when it happened.

No players surrounded the referee after it either.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
To give a freekick to the opposition players don't really have to complain to the referee. He should have seen it by himself or the referee on the line.

Anyway good for Crouch he scored the first goal, otherwhile I couldn't see England getting pass through the Trinidad and Tobago defence. The first goal brought a disappointment for Trinidad and Tobago, which lead to weaker defence and from there the second goal came.

I hope Sweden and England both go for the win when they face each other.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Crouch is good at Pulling peoples hair and scoring, :rolleyes: is'nt he?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Crouch imo has extremely poor ball control, is useless in the air and gives away far too many freekicks.
I've watched him play several times for England and Liverpool and never seen anything to suggest that he should be pulling on an England shirt ahead of Jason Lee (let alone Darren Bent, Jemaine Defoe et al.)

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Why don't England do

Rooney and Owen as main strikers and Robot can sit down in the bench?

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe because with 6 goals in 9 matches, he's the only striker currently scoring goals for england.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Kev said:
Maybe because with 6 goals in 9 matches, he's the only striker currently scoring goals for england.

Depressing yet true. This is what happens when you pick one striker who has played twice for his club since January, one who is still meant to be injured for another 2 weeks, one who has never played a premiership game or scored a premiership goal and isn't trusted sufficiently by his manager to actually be allowed onto the pitch, and Crouchy.
I put Crouch for England in the same bracket as Emile Heskey and Andy Cole: nice idea but time to abandon it and move on fast.

sid_19840

International Coach
Owen is actually a genuine finisher but he's just not had any games in the last season and that's been the reason why he's struggling,if I was Sven Id give him 90 for the next game.I have a feeling that once the knouckout matches start it will be Owen who will score for England.

Sureshot

Executive member
barmyarmy said:
Crouch imo has extremely poor ball control, is useless in the air and gives away far too many freekicks.
I've watched him play several times for England and Liverpool and never seen anything to suggest that he should be pulling on an England shirt ahead of Jason Lee (let alone Darren Bent, Jemaine Defoe et al.)

Crouch on his day is a good player, and many defenders would struggle against him.

His ball control goes with the rest of his game, when he's playing well his touch is good, and visa versa.

I think Ashton would be better as a target man.

sid_19840

International Coach
Looks like Rooney has a good chance of starting today.If I was the English Coach,Id watch the game between Ecuador and Germany,if Germany win that and top their group then Id make sure that England do the same by beating Sweden,otherwise if Ecuador top,then Id make sure that we lose as well as its important that we dont meet the hosts so early.Hopefully Walcott gets a chance as well to play.

Users who are viewing this thread