Group G thread (France, Switzerland, Korea Republic, Togo)

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
zidane was making breaks, but they just didn't have the zing in the moments that counted.
some poor passing in the penalty box and many little errors cost france.in fact switzerland was looking dangerous in the secon half, with france hanging on strings.
Switzerland had a very good change on that pass, but couldn't go through barthez.

speaking of barthez, in the second half, he was looking rigt into the sun.Couldn't he do anything about it?There must be some way?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hmmm I wonder if France will score a goal in this world cup. Another win for Korea and they could be a surpise 2nd row qualifier.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
It's fine as Long as France make it to Semiz.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Semis? I think they would be happy to score a goal for the first time in 5 WC matches ;) If they can't score a goal against the next two opponents they deserve to be eliminated early again.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
If they don't score they will get eliminated, well hopefully anyway :p. I think Switzerland played well today, to just lacked the finishing touch. France were very poor, similar to Brazil.

Hariz

International Cricketer
This was not at all a French team one would have expected......they were pretty poor today and Zidane along side Henry could'nt do much as the Swiss defence stood like a wall. They must improve their attack, otherwise I dont see them getting that far again this time.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Sureshot said:
They didn't pick Ludo Guily, a deep mistake imo.

Yeah I share the exact same opinion. They have selected Sidney Govou at the place of the injured Cisse, perhaps try him up with Henry. I am actually not sure why Trezeguet was left out today and when France should have been attakcing, they brought in Dhorasoo.... :rolleyes:

sachin

International Coach
France were poor,and the use of Henry was also very poor.As far as i'm concerned Henry is at his best when he can run at the defence,from a more midfield position.Ribery was very erratic and i suggest they use Dhorosou instead.He was alot more lively.

Sureshot

Executive member
Henry needs a strike partner, Henry is brilliant but not a striker who is a work horse in chasing and obtaining the ball.

Switerland could have won that.

sachin

International Coach
Well they would have if not for Frei.If he hadn't tried to punch the ball in to the net.Johan Djorou(Sorry about spelling) was right behind and would have scored.No doubt.

Sureshot said:
Henry needs a strike partner, Henry is brilliant but not a striker who is a work horse in chasing and obtaining the ball.

Switerland could have won that.
Well Henry has played very well by himself at Arsenal(Champions League).

Sureshot

Executive member
But with Arsenal they always get players up to support him really quickly (Pires, Reyes, Ljungberg, Hleb)

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Again some problems with Togo:

Fifa helps to avert Togo mutiny
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/togo/5092382.stm

Players from the tiny West African country have demanded US$196,300 each to play and US$38,000 for each win, half that for each draw.

But officials from the country with an average per capita income of well below US$1,000 have said those demands are too high.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
France will win today, they may end up 2nd in this group and then win KR and through to 2nd Round.

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
They're one up, it was a good pass and a nice finish by Henry.

South Korea are looking very very rusty, no co-ordination and its just looking random for them.

Users who are viewing this thread