Group E thread (Italy, Ghana, USA, Czech Republic)

edgarisapimp

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
When Mastroeni got his red, the commentators exploded. They said that it didn't deserve a red becuase "it hapens all the time." I beg to differ - two feet to the ankle is never a legal thing. And when they called McBride offsides on Beasley's goal, they criticized the ref again - as if HE was the one who signaled for it as opposed to the linesman :D. Most Americans have a long way to go in terms of football...

prarara

International Cricketer
edgarisapimp said:
When Mastroeni got his red, the commentators exploded. They said that it didn't deserve a red becuase "it hapens all the time." I beg to differ - two feet to the ankle is never a legal thing. And when they called McBride offsides on Beasley's goal, they criticized the ref again - as if HE was the one who signaled for it as opposed to the linesman :D. Most Americans have a long way to go in terms of football...

American soccer commentators, especially those working at ESPN, know very little about what they are talking about. I'm quite glad that they switched over to new ones from England and Ireland; nothing against the Americans, but I only wish they spoke with a tad bit more class and knowledge.

Anyway, the draw was good for the Americans; I want us to play solidly and fluently against Ghana. Beasley should get the ball more and create things. Also, Reyna should go slightly back and play a defensive midfield role, that way he can push the ball to Beasley and create attacking chances with Donovan and McBride.

All the red cards were fair. And I listened to the BBC and Dutch commentators and they even complimented the referee. Sounds like American commentators can blow up things. And I find a tackle on the ankle worse then an elbow on the head, because it takes a lot of time to recover from an injury on your legs then on your head. And football is to be played with the legs, so that's why I find an attack on the legs worse.

A blow to the face is far more serious than something to the leg. With a blow the the ankles, the player, at worst, may have to leave the game or not play further matches in the World Cup. A blow the face can result in death or serious brain damage-particurarly in the nasal area where cartilage can be pushed up to the brain.

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I've never seen an elbow in football leading to death or brain damage, while I've seen a tackle on the legs resulted into broken fractures, which costed one or two years to recover. Even finishing football careers.

But in normal life off course it's true that a shot in the head is way worse then in the leg area.

cric_craze

Club Cricketer
this group is going to be very exciting . I hope that italy and czech republic game ends in a draw and that ghana win or lose by no more than 3 goal difference

Sureshot

Executive member
ZexyZahid said:
I've never seen an elbow in football leading to death or brain damage, while I've seen a tackle on the legs resulted into broken fractures, which costed one or two years to recover. Even finishing football careers.

But in normal life off course it's true that a shot in the head is way worse then in the leg area.

Momo Sissoko nearly lost his eyesight from an elbow if my memory serves me correctly.

Sureshot

Executive member
The standard of refereeing is shocking.

Never a penalty!

2-1 to Ghana over USA
1-0 to Italy over Czech Republic.

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Well at this stage Ghana and Italy go through!

I thought Czech Republic were a certainty after their first game but Ghana have proved themselves.

edgarisapimp

Club Cricketer
I don't see how you can complain about the US/Ghana match. Yeah it was a bad penalty, but the US didn't do anything to respond. Even if the penalty wasn't given, the US still didn't do enough to win. Bruce Arena proved that he is incompetent and undeserving of the job (i.e. let's play a 4-5-1 when we need to score).

By the way, I thought that Dempsey was offsides on that goal he scored. I'm not sure, but it looked like his torso was behind the line. As I said, I'm not too sure, but nevertheless...

Last edited:

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
US were quite close in the last part of second half, with one header striking the pole. But it was a spirited performance by Ghana early on, and once they had a 2-1 lead, they were happy defending (by their positions). They could have made it 3-1, but they will be happy with the result.

Users who are viewing this thread