How are you doing in your career?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Interesting. Is that with default teams or downloaded teams? For me, the only '0 OV' values are for the user created teams that I've downloaded

i'll bet you've not used the casper, fission, friedlele teams. my hunch is incorrectly linked players mean the rosters don't get filled properly and so they're rated 0 and people don't get selected.

i've NOT played career (just 3 or 4 club matches messing around at the start) so this is NOT observation, just piecing together different things i've seen this is my theory

SamSam7

School Cricketer
i'll bet you've not used the casper, fission, friedlele teams. my hunch is incorrectly linked players mean the rosters don't get filled properly and so they're rated 0 and people don't get selected.

i've NOT played career (just 3 or 4 club matches messing around at the start) so this is NOT observation, just piecing together different things i've seen this is my theory

Yep, I did. I was careful to download the recommended teams after reading about linked player issues. Not sure about the other guys with the same problem though.

SamSam7

School Cricketer
Just started a new career - Aussie player and there's is a lot of international selection options for a variety of Australias upcoming matches in a variety of formats. Completely absent when I started my career in the English league.

Just done exactly the same after deleted all the recommended user created teams. Team ratings restored and International selection status appears in career mode. That must be the problem then, not being able to use user created teams in career mode. Worth an entry into the bug thread for BA to have a look at?

handsome

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm 22 and on the cusp of getting selected for Ind T20 squad. default teams

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Got selected for pakistan T20. I somehow recorded a ridiculous 6 wickets for 4 runs off 4 overs mainly thanks to outswingers pitched on middle on a worn pitch. Got a nick behind... lbw and bowled all in 1 over including afridi . Next game was a greentop and went wicketless for close to 40 off 4!

BradHouse

School Cricketer
Just done exactly the same after deleted all the recommended user created teams. Team ratings restored and International selection status appears in career mode. That must be the problem then, not being able to use user created teams in career mode. Worth an entry into the bug thread for BA to have a look at?
I haven't been on this for a few days, what is it I need to do to sort out the 0 OV and selection problem?

BradHouse

School Cricketer
I haven't been on this for a few days, what is it I need to do to sort out the 0 OV and selection problem?
So are you playing with made up names now then? I don't see how I can download teams to have proper names etc without having the 0 OV problem

SamSam7

School Cricketer

Seems like it's the downloaded teams which are the problem In career mode. Restore the default teams and it opens selection back up. We'll just have to with the default kits etc for now.

Daniel327

School Cricketer
For some reason I can't appeal to the third umpire...not even in international matches and I am playing in career mode, anyone knw how to turn that option on or it's just not there?

SamSam7

School Cricketer
So do we delete all modified teams in the game?

Yep. Here's what Ive found works to fix it;

-Deleted all user created teams.
-Downloaded the teams again but when it asks you about overwriting existing players, select 'Keep Current Version Ignore New'. This means you download all the kits etc but not the players. For the logos, chose to download all the new ones, giving you the correct kits.

Ive done that and everything seems to work with all the names correct. So are the default players named correctly? I didn't play the game before downloading user teams when I first got it.

Brentismaximas

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand

-Downloaded the teams again but when it asks you about overwriting existing players, select 'Keep Current Version Ignore New'. This means you download all the kits etc but not the players. For the logos, chose to download all the new ones, giving you the correct kits.

Ive done that and everything seems to work with all the names correct. So are the default players named correctly? I didn't play the game before downloading user teams when I first got it.

Do you hit get best to get them all again?
I deleted them all but did nothing as far as being selected for my country. Or do we have to restart career?

BradHouse

School Cricketer

I'm still having the 0 OV issue when doing the above, have I got to play with teams And players on defualt then? Incorrect names etc, not ideal

Brentismaximas

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
My player has multiple 50s and 100s, average over 30, taken heaps of wickets, being going like 5 years but national team doesn't even appear on selection screen.

Users who are viewing this thread