ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 - India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pcfan123

Not a fan of Trott in limited overs. The matches have to be done within 24 hours :laugh

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I hope we`ll have a 24 team Cricket World Cup one day. Then we could seriously have 8 groups of three teams with one team reaching the knockouts.

No way that will happen, has to be 6 groups of 4 like every other World cup that has that many teams. As Angry mentioned can't have the fate of the team decided by 2 games, 3 games is the absolute minimum.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I wonder why Jon Holland has completely disappeared? :confused:

I wonder what the AUS selectors ever saw in him to be honest. I dont see AUS domestic cricket in England, but just before the ODI series in India late last year, i saw him playing for Victoria i saw him in the Champions League & i wasn't impressed.

War added 4 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Don't think they will worry about the reserve keeper. McKay will probably be there given how hes gone. And if Harris performs in India this year, he'll be there too. Don't think Nannes is anywhere near selection and Tait would have to be picked on T20 form as his FRC is pretty average this season.

Rest I would agree with, maybe Ferguson in for Hopes if his batting after a collapse doesn't improve.

Usually a back-up keeper wont be needed yea. But i reckon Haddin will need a rest in some games during the world-cup. Since next summers schedule before the world-cup is fairly hectic.

I think both Nannes & Harris are better bowlers than McKay, even though McKay is ahead of both ATM given that he was picked before both this summer.

Tait is a must pick i'd say. Lets not forget what he did in the 2007 WC, just needs to be fit & he really must be picked.

I like Hopes in the main XI to be honest. The perect # 7, gives the team great balance especially in the bowling attack. Let Watson/Haddin open.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Tait is a must pick i'd say. Lets not forget what he did in the 2007 WC, just needs to be fit & he really must be picked.

You seriously think that he could last in the subcontinent for the entire duration of the World Cup?
With the wickets they produce and the lack of pace they offer Tait will be useless.

War

Chairman of Selectors
You seriously think that he could last in the subcontinent for the entire duration of the World Cup?
With the wickets they produce and the lack of pace they offer Tait will be useless.

The wickets in sub-continent will be just as flat as the wickets as the 2007 WC i would think. Plus it is possible a bowler friendly track will be around somewhere.

A bowler like Tait with his pace will take the wicket out of the equation anyway. Especially given he is an excellent death bowler, he wont be useless by any means.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
The wickets in sub-continent will be just as flat as the wickets as the 2007 WC i would think. Plus it is possible a bowler friendly track will be around somewhere.

At least the ones there offered some bounce, there will be many in this world cup that will be low and slow. Pace alone cant help you on those and unfortunately Tait only has pace.

A bowler like Tait with his pace will take the wicket out of the equation anyway. Especially given he is an excellent death bowler, he wont be useless by any means.

Not on a wicket that doesn't offer much bounce or carry.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Usually a back-up keeper wont be needed yea. But i reckon Haddin will need a rest in some games during the world-cup. Since next summers schedule before the world-cup is fairly hectic.

I'm sure our selectors will manage his workload before then and worst case Hussey can take over the keeping in one of the easier games.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
I wonder what the AUS selectors ever saw in him to be honest. I dont see AUS domestic cricket in England, but just before the ODI series in India late last year, i saw him playing for Victoria i saw him in the Champions League & i wasn't impressed.
I wouldn't judge a young spinner on a T20 game.

P

pcfan123

Id be willing to bet a lot of money that Tait cannot bowl 10 overs while keeping a threatening pace and having good accuracy.

War

Chairman of Selectors
At least the ones there offered some bounce, there will be many in this world cup that will be low and slow. Pace alone cant help you on those and unfortunately Tait only has pace.

The only wicket i remember AUS playing in 2007 WC that had pace was in game againts Bangladesh in the super eight. All the other pitches in the caribbean where low, slow or flat wickets & Tait was excellent.

Not on a wicket that doesn't offer much bounce or carry.

Pace & bounce really has nothing to do with bowling at the death. Bowling in the last 10 overs is about bowling yorkers full n straight & Tait is brilliant at that.

War added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

I wouldn't judge a young spinner on a T20 game.

Yea its not the best guide. But i just didn't see anything special about him. Looked like a grade cricketer to be dead honest.

War added 1 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Id be willing to bet a lot of money that Tait cannot bowl 10 overs while keeping a threatening pace and having good accuracy.

Accuracy is not his forte. If he goes for 60 runs in 10 overs, he will very & get you 4 wickets. Ponting gave him such a license to be aggressive in 2007 WC & it worked brilliantly. In 2011 WC it will be the same.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Pace & bounce really has nothing to do with bowling at the death. Bowling in the last 10 overs is about bowling yorkers full n straight & Tait is brilliant at that.

At what 140ks. He can barely sustain 150+ speeds in a 20/20 match and you expect him to do it in a 50 over match.

War

Chairman of Selectors
At what 140ks. He cant barely sustain 150+ speeds in a 20/20 match and you expect him to do it in a 50 over match.

Well i did say intially only once he is fit. He has another year to prove himself in state cricket that he play ODI cricket & sutstain such speeds for 10 overs, before the WC squad is picked.

P

pcfan123

Just by seeing his recent history, I think he has more of a chance of getting injured and disappearing into oblivion this next year, then he does of turning into a complete and mature fast bowler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread