ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 - India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just by seeing his recent history, I think he has more of a chance of getting injured and disappearing into oblivion this next year, then he does of turning into a complete and mature fast bowler.

Haa. Well i'll take the positive outlook when judging the "wild thing" thanks.:thumbs

War added 6 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

As far as England are concerned, if everyone's fit I'd like to see us go in with an XI of:

1. Andrew Strauss *
2. Craig Kieswetter +
3. Kevin Pietersen
4. Jonathan Trott
5. Paul Collingwood
6. Eoin Morgan
7. Andrew Flintoff
8. Graham Napier/Adil Rashid
9. Graeme Swann
10. Stuart Broad
11. James Anderson

Then I'm really not sure about the extra 4, but it'd be something like:

12. Adil Rashid/Graham Napier
13. Graham Onions/Tim Bresnan
14. Ian Bell/Ravi Bopara/any other top class performer in OD cricket, James Taylor?
15. Steven Davies

The first XI is basically right.

But i dont think Rashid should be in contention. My 4 back-ups would be:

- Shah
- Rankin (presuming he qualifies & wants to play for England, he's a better options than Bresnam or Sidebottom)
- Patel
- Wright

P

pcfan123

The IPL will be a good indicator of what will happen. If it runs smoothly then there should be no issues for the WC

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I doubt if the WC will be moved. India will most likely manage to provide the needed security to more than keep the players protected. Unless a sportsperson/team is targeted, I dont see teams not touring India. SA are currently in India and they are not having any kind of problems (the blast is happening in Pune, while nothing nearby SA's team). Its sad that the blast is happening, but I am sure it wont affect sporting ties in India

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The Indian Govt doesnt care about the Hockey World Cup being moved away. They will be affected only if the cricket World Cup is moved.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
The Indian Premier League, which is due to start in mid-March, was last year moved from India to South Africa because of concerns over terrorism.

This wasn't really the reason. It was moved because the IPL clashed with India's general elections and they wanted the security forces working towards that rather than the IPL (iirc).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
This wasn't really the reason. It was moved because the IPL clashed with India's general elections and they wanted the security forces working towards that rather than the IPL (iirc).

Yes, had the general elections not been there, we would have provided great security for the IPL and it could have been staged in India itself. Also it is also construed as an attempt by Modi to get one on with the then current ruling Congress government (Modi is a sympathiser of the opposition BJP party).

Params7

International Cricketer
Some Paki terror groups are pissed I imagine over what happened to their players in IPL. Even an attempt at any if IPL matches could just be all that's needed to shift WC from India to Aus/NZ. IPL is where India just can't get enough security.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Some Paki terror groups are pissed I imagine over what happened to their players in IPL. Even an attempt at any if IPL matches could just be all that's needed to shift WC from India to Aus/NZ. IPL is where India just can't get enough security.

LOL. I am not sure that will be the reason, if, god forbid, anything happens in the IPL

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
I believe if the Champions Trophy is moved it'll be to Melbourne. Same with the Hockey World Cup and CWC will come to Australia (final in Melbourne)

Sometimes life is so easy to love.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I believe if the Champions Trophy is moved it'll be to Melbourne. Same with the Hockey World Cup and CWC will come to Australia (final in Melbourne)

Sometimes life is so easy to love.

Hockey World Cup is 1 day away. Do you still think it`ll be moved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread