India in West Indies, 2009

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Just leave it mate.He wont get any big oppurtunity.He'll just fade away as a immense domestic talent,wasted by the selectors.Im sure he wont get any big chance even in this series.After this series, 3 of our main batsmen will return,which will result in no spot remaining in the batting order.Thats is it.Hes already 29 btw.

Yeah, I think it's over for Badri. If he's not going to get a game when Sachin, Sehwag and Raina are out, I don't think he's ever going to get a chance. However, Nehra's selection does spark a little bit of hope. I thought that selectors only gave chances to unestablished (unestablished in the Indian XI) players under 26/27. Nehra's 30 and the last match he played in was in 2005 so I guess there's still a little bit of hope left for Badri. My mind says he'll fade away without leaving any sort of mark on International cricket but my heart says that the wait won't be too much longer.

naresh091

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah, I think it's over for Badri. If he's not going to get a game when Sachin, Sehwag and Raina are out, I don't think he's ever going to get a chance. However, Nehra's selection does spark a little bit of hope. I thought that selectors only gave chances to unestablished (unestablished in the Indian XI) players under 26/27. Nehra's 30 and the last match he played in was in 2005 so I guess there's still a little bit of hope left for Badri. My mind says he'll fade away without leaving any sort of mark on International cricket but my heart says that the wait won't be too much longer.
Exactly.I dont know how I became such big a fan of him.But really he deserves atleast half the amount of oppurtunities that Rohit Sharma gets.I agree Rohit is given chance based on his potential.But how can he take a place of a guy who deserves it more?

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The West Indies did well, but it was a horrendously structured chase. They got a lot of the distance thanks to their top order, but wickets began to tumble too early for them to mount a proper final charge. The star of the day, Yuvraj Singh, scored a leisurely 20 from 38 balls during the bowling Powerplays before opening the throttle; on the West Indian scorecard you see all these batsmen who had gotten out for innings that were shorter than the period Yuvraj took to get in. As such, the key wicket was that of Dwayne Bravo; he was biding his time at a point in the match where someone needed to be playing for the 50th over, but he fell to a rather dubious delivery. It proved to be the West Indies' last hope of controlling the innings.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I wasn't impressed with fast bowling at all.. :mad: After watching, I only felt that I wasted the time ( where I was watching the match till 2:40 AM, Indian time ) in watching the horrible bowling. Yusuf Pathan bowled better than RP, Nehra! :rolleyes:

bah, our bowling will never take a permanent up-curve. :rolleyes: With Ishant striking the bad patch and Zaheer not present in the squad, our bowling is worse than Irish and Bangla's. What else you can expect when the stupid and blind selectors take a step backward in going and hunting for Nehra, Balaji etc etc. Can't we have new products in place of stale ones looking improved just outside?

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
I don't know y the selectors keeping sreesanth out of the team and prefers the current bowling attack.Dhoni is stupid if he pick I.Sharma again in the playing XI.

ajdude

International Coach
You people do realise that that was Jadeja's second ODI? He made 60* in his first innings, then a golden duck; are you serious? One poor innings and you're already banishing him with the likes of Ajit Agarkar?

King Cricket

International Coach
I wasn't impressed with fast bowling at all.. :mad: After watching, I only felt that I wasted the time ( where I was watching the match till 2:40 AM, Indian time ) in watching the horrible bowling. Yusuf Pathan bowled better than RP, Nehra! :rolleyes:

bah, our bowling will never take a permanent up-curve. :rolleyes: With Ishant striking the bad patch and Zaheer not present in the squad, our bowling is worse than Irish and Bangla's. What else you can expect when the stupid and blind selectors take a step backward in going and hunting for Nehra, Balaji etc etc. Can't we have new products in place of stale ones looking improved just outside?

You do know that he was the joint highest wicket taker with YP yesterday, don't know? And had he not picked up Gayle, and Ramdin, just when they started to look good, who knows what might have happened? Another thing, Ishant hasn't struck a "bad patch". He was never a great ODI bowler. All the Ishant Sharma magics are confined to just Test cricket. He's nothing more than an average bowler in the other two forms of the game.

Last edited:

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Everyone in India other than the selectors and captain Dhoni know that Ishant is a below average ODI and T20 bowler.

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
I agree with Nash & Shravi. We can just hope and keep our finger crossed. Badri in for Rohit that's what the matter of time.

PakistanRulz

School Cricketer
You I know what I wanted?
I wanted West Indies to clean sweap India bad!!!!!

But I guess that after the 1st ODI Windies proved that they have one of the worst bowling attacks ever...:noway

Oh Well, I hope india lose rest of the matches & lose the series 3-1!!!! :happy(now that'd be something nice to hear! OH YEAH:D)

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
You do know that he was the joint highest wicket taker with YP yesterday, don't know? And had he not picked up Gayle, and Ramdin, just when they started to look good, who knows what might have happened? Another thing, Ishant hasn't struck a "bad patch". He was never a great ODI bowler. All the Ishant Sharma magics are confined to just Test cricket. He's nothing more than an average bowler in the other two forms of the game.

Just because his stats support him as highest wicket taker of the match, it doesn't mean he has been impressive with his bowling. Nehra looked like yet another normal bowler given life by the blind selectors! Nehra and RP, whether they ended up as IPL best bowlers or highest wicket takers of the match they just looked unimpressive to me. I enjoyed Yusuf Pathan and Jadeja's bowling much more than RP's and Nehra's!

And I am not again talking about the runs column or wickets column of Ishant.. His body language has been going down match by match. Thats what making me to think that he is hitting that bad patch. I never follow cricketers by stats. Body language of our pace bowlers in yesterday's game looked nothing special. And the standards of the same pace bowlers are poorer than Bangladesh/Irish pacers.

When I read " We do rely more on Yuvi " - Dhoni article, I was thinking when the situation like, " We do have confidence in our bowling - Indian coach/Captain " will come? Will this ever come? Bowling is our drawback, I have been stressing this for a long time. It didn't come from my mouth for last few months where Ishant and Zaheer were at their best, and after seeing yesterday's game, The bowling is just PATHETIC! :( :noway

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
^^^^
Firstly we are not Fortune teller so that we know your will. Btw are you Dreaming mate? India is in tremendous form in Odi (in t20 too, beated Pakistan easily; no offense) and it would be dumb act to underestimate any team especially the team which has lost just 3-5 odi in past 12 month.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
You I know what I wanted?
I wanted West Indies to clean sweap India bad!!!!!

But I guess that after the 1st ODI Windies proved that they have one of the worst bowling attacks ever...:noway

Oh Well, I hope india lose rest of the matches & lose the series 3-1!!!! :happy(now that'd be something nice to hear! OH YEAH:D)

carry on the sleep with more dreams like that! :clap I would be surprised if Windies can win a game.

I don't know whether its only me or anyone noticed this, that the confidence level of Windies team is somewhat low and without any team spirit. The team which knocked India in last ODI series in WI looked better with team-spirit than the current team. I will be surprised if Windies comes up with a win in next game.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Just because his stats support him as highest wicket taker of the match, it doesn't mean he has been impressive with his bowling. Nehra looked like yet another normal bowler given life by the blind selectors! Nehra and RP, whether they ended up as IPL best bowlers or highest wicket takers of the match they just looked unimpressive to me. I enjoyed Yusuf Pathan and Jadeja's bowling much more than RP's and Nehra's!

And I am not again talking about the runs column or wickets column of Ishant.. His body language has been going down match by match. Thats what making me to think that he is hitting that bad patch. I never follow cricketers by stats. Body language of our pace bowlers in yesterday's game looked nothing special. And the standards of the same pace bowlers are poorer than Bangladesh/Irish pacers.

When I read " We do rely more on Yuvi " - Dhoni article, I was thinking when the situation like, " We do have confidence in our bowling - Indian coach/Captain " will come? Will this ever come? Bowling is our drawback, I have been stressing this for a long time. It didn't come from my mouth for last few months where Ishant and Zaheer were at their best, and after seeing yesterday's game, The bowling is just PATHETIC! :( :noway

I actually thought RP was bowling quite well. Just he was a bit unlucky with the wides and all. He was going for the right line and length. Nehra was bowling poor, and his selection in the first place was a bit unjustified I thought. He wasn't bowling the right line, and getting 3 wickets was mostly luck.

Yuvraj's batting was just fantastic, a brilliant sight to watch. Karthik did well and got a solid innings. Pathan also batted well, during a period when India looked like they would slip to under 300 even.

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Yuvraj playing like this against anyone but England is a sight to behold. Glorious batting. Still a twat though ;)

This is further evidence for there being a future for ODI cricket as well. We'd never have been able to see an innings like this in T20 cricket. A brilliantly paced knock from UV KING OF PIE. I'd much rather watch a glorious hundred like this as opposed to a T20 slog hundred.

Holy Crap:eek::eek::eek::eek: I cant believe my eyes. King Pieterson praising UV!!!

Users who are viewing this thread