abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Surprised that a warm up game has just added further expectations that this team is not going to achieve anything of note in this WC.

Well, its not really how Australia played and how dominant they are at home. Its just the listless showing of our bowlers that is a major cause of concern. The batsmen are not well equipped in these conditions to score in the 300 range every time, which seems to be a minimum requirement given our bowling lineup.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Axar has the qualities, probably he should have had more games comin in to the cup.

Been posting on this forum a while now clamouring for Zaheer, Yuvraj, Gautam, Sehwag and even Harbhajan to be part of this squad but the Team India management and most fans alike thought otherwise, and here we are today. The S**** hasnt hit the fan as yet, when theyre out then we will hear the calls that these afroemetioned players should have never been dropped. With every sub standard player joining the team in recent there has been a big ''HUHAH< MINDBLOWING' now the Bhuvys and Sirs are failing miserably.

you can't win a world cup by picking players that are past their best

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
You know what guys, there is this strong feeling that's telling me that India will do really well in this WC if we get a win against Pak. In a way it is good to start against Pak as the players will be charged up. I do hope we get the kick and move on from there.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I think our players in general will be glad to play someone besides Australia.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think our players in general will be glad to play someone besides Australia.

Absolutely. We just need to play someone else right now. Yes we did play England but we played them in the toughest of conditions (at Brisbane and Perth). A WC start against Pakistan at Adelaide (on a typically spinner friendly pitch) is not a bad thing.

Strongly believe Dhoni should bat ahead of Raina. With the fact that there is a big hitter like Raina still to come, Dhoni can play a lot more freely. Dhoni is absolutely crucial to our chances this WC. A good tournament for Dhoni will most likely translate into a good tournament for India.

you can't win a world cup by picking players that are past their best

True that. But there was a case for Yuvraj who is striking form in domestic cricket and for the value he adds to the team with his left arm spin and the balance to the middle order.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Mr. Bachchan will be joining the Star Sports commentary team for India vs Pak. Could be fun. He said he will be extremely pro-India lol

PokerAce

Banned
Wow lots happening tomorrow, in two of the three areas that pull together Indians the most. India get the chance to blow the hell out of Afghanistan and get to go into the WC on a high.

Anything short of a huge victory, will again raise more questions. A defeat well ... the less said the better.

I have a feeling India will not play a full strength side and experiment the hell out of the 18. So expect all kinds of things with the line up.

Either way, I will be up and watching, lots to keep tabs on tomorrow in the morning.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Wow lots happening tomorrow, in two of the three areas that pull together Indians the most

2 of the 3 things in cricket ? or are you also referring to Delhi vote count ?

PokerAce

Banned
2 of the 3 things in cricket ? or are you also referring to Delhi vote count ?

No I mean the three things that get Indians going - Cricket, Politics and Films.

So yeah the Delhi count was what I was pointing out. BJP's 15 month winning streak dating back to 2013, where they have won every election there has been in India, seems to be all but gone. I dont support any party in particular, though I did vote BJP and Modi, in the General elections, but I am a keen follower of politics, and a streak like that ending is a big deal.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Very true. Ofcourse cant really trust the exit polls, but I think AAP will edge out BJP this time. And rightly so. BJP had a really confusing and haphazard election campaign - plagued by complacency.

Will be keenly following the vote count and the game.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
hahaha. That is awesome. Had never seen that one

another one with MSD talking to Jadeja:

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Was doing some digging around - its shocking to see how low on experience this Indian side is.

- We have 3 new guys, with less than 15 ODIs: Axar (13), Mohit (12), Binny (9). All 3 could be playing against Pakistan.
- The rest of the bowling doesn't exactly rack up the numbers either, with less than 50 games for Bhuvi (44), Yadav (40) and Shami (40).
- Only Ashwin (88) and Jadeja (111) have some decent experience

- The batting lineup has some experience: Rohit (127), Kohli (150), Raina (207), Dhoni (254)
- And then the rest: Dhawan (53), Rahane (46), Rayudu(27)

I didn't even get into experience away from home. I am sure that would cause major drops for Raina and Ashwin.

PokerAce

Banned
Yeah but honestly who would have thought that only 4 from the squad will return to defend the title. Virat, MSD, Raina and Ashwin.

There was bound to be inexperience. Honestly though, I could have sworn that our bowlers, even the seamers, knew how to bowl before they arrived in Australia. What the fk happened after that, I have no idea. Reeks of one gigantic UFO controversy this.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Very true. Ofcourse cant really trust the exit polls, but I think AAP will edge out BJP this time. And rightly so. BJP had a really confusing and haphazard election campaign - plagued by complacency.

Will be keenly following the vote count and the game.

Har Har Modi, Ghar Ghar Modi :p

Users who are viewing this thread