India tour of Australia Nov'20-Jan'21

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
I think if a wicket falls now, it's going to be more a mistake rather than good bowling. Lyon looks like the best one to get a wicket, so I think spin may be the way to go if a wicket has to fall. Marnus, Smith, Lyon.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Shardul is definitely a better batsman than his average suggests. I have been watching this guy since 2013 and he was a very good batsman in situations like this. He did pull Mumbai out of trouble a quite a few times in Ranji Trophy.
Shudda read @16 FC average. I agree he looks far better than that moderate average suggests. A master stroke by BCCI to select these two. They have now whittled away Australia's substantial lead.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
When two rookies that average @16 and @30 in First Class cricket can stave off arguably the best attack in world cricket then that speaks volumes for the lack of life now in this Gabba deck.
More then lack of life in the deck, it’s brilliant counter attacking from India. That one over from Starc showed there is plenty. Also apart from Hazlewood and a few spell here and there from Cummin, this so called best attack has performed horribly. Lyon looks clueless, he does not look like he will take a wicket, Starc has been going for 4 an over now, Green does not look international ready, his batting is ok, but his bowling is non threatening. Cummins apart for 2-3 spell, has bowled as if he has forgotten to bowl and is bowling how he was for KKR.

B

Bigby Wolf

Shudda read @16 FC average. I agree he looks far better than that moderate average suggests. A master stroke by BCCI to select these two. They have now whittled away Australia's substantial lead.
Not a Masterstroke by any stretch of imagination just a sequence of events over the last month or so had bought these two here. Nothing Else! Although credit to both of them the way they batted.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
I disagree, I think that in this particular moment, Lyon looks the most threatening. They're playing the seamers with ease. They're playing Lyon with respect.

Green is an excellent player, he'll get his first Test wicket soon. Just hopefully not against India.

I don't like the thinking with most teams that if the fuller stuff isn't working, bowl short. It's a Test for a reason. Keep it pitched up, make the batsman play. You'll get it right eventually.

Now we do have to talk about the top order. Who plays in a full-strength Indian team?

If both Ashwin and Jadeja were fully fit, would you play Sundar and Shardul?

EDIT: That would finally be the wicket. I stand very much corrected. But a lead of 60ish...even if Australia bat through Day 4, it's only about 300-ish to make on Day 5. India should go for the win in this match and not settle for a draw here.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Also as Harsha mentioned on air, looks like the pressure of winning the BG trophy is getting to Aussies. Imagine losing 2 years ago to India at home and now drawing a series. Also with all the prematch talks of how Indians are scared to play at the Gabba pitch, how embarrassing it would be if India can actually draw this match. Also bowling 300+ overs in three innings so far has made the Aussie bowling fatigued!
Post automatically merged:

I disagree, I think that in this particular moment, Lyon looks the most threatening. They're playing the seamers with ease. They're playing Lyon with respect.

Green is an excellent player, he'll get his first Test wicket soon. Just hopefully not against India.

I don't like the thinking with most teams that if the fuller stuff isn't working, bowl short. It's a Test for a reason. Keep it pitched up, make the batsman play. You'll get it right eventually.

Now we do have to talk about the top order. Who plays in a full-strength Indian team?

Thakur and Sundar have defended well against him. There is an odd miss here and there but nothing threatening at all.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Well played Thakur, you surpassed all the expectations that the fans had on you. Rest up as and heal up as we will need your bowling prowess as well!

B

Bigby Wolf

Well Played Shardul Thakur!

A handy innings, At 186/6 thought its all over but the partnership with Sundar has made sure we still have more than a glimmer of hope to win the series!

RichieBGM

Associate Captain

EDIT: That would finally be the wicket.
If in India surely you'd play both your top spinners. Sundar has to do his apprenticeship first. He does look a good prospect tho. I can see Shardul, Saini, Sundar and Sirag in a future Indian attack.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Lyon needs to take wickets. He may be Australia's best off spinner but he only averages 4 wickets a Test. He has fallen short of taking regular clumps of wicket thruout his entire career.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
If in India surely you'd play both your top spinners. Sundar has to do his apprenticeship first. He does look a good prospect tho. I can see Shardul, Saini, Sundar and Sirag in a future Indian attack.

It's very clear that India has some awesome players in reserve though. Now a lot of these players won't get another Test chance for some time. We're just cricket supporters, but what do you think can be done to keep their hopes up of representing their country in the future?

Users who are viewing this thread