India's Tour Of Sri Lanka- August 2015

grkrama

National Board President
If he really wants to be part of the final 11, he needs to be more consistent

Rohit has been pretty consistent as far as im concerned hope he does that for one more innings.

Are the conditions tough or our batsmen have just collapsed?

conditions are tough and Prasad bowled well, at the same time not an unplayable one if the batsman had applied themselves better.

PokerAce

Banned
Its a tricky position in the test. India should look to declare now once they get 300, or the chances of a result are few. The pitch wil be fresh tomorrow should look to put SL in then.

grkrama

National Board President
ya with rain looming largely india have to force a result if they want one. Though the chances of a second innings collapse is highly likely with us than SL, but buying into kohli's attack philosophy 1-1 or 2-1 shouldn't matter going for a win.

namin96

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Kohli's trouble against good quality seam and swing bowling worries me. It's not like he can't play swing bowling because in NZ Boult and Southee had it moving around consistently and Kohli scored runs there. By the way well played to Pujara, I don't know why someone like Pujara wouldn't be in the side instead of Rohit who just can't perform consistently. If the pitch stays fresh I think India can force a win especially if our seamers step up.

PokerAce

Banned
11914107_896904473680262_8272582630536526285_n.jpg

namin96

Club Captain

To be honest I think Rahul Dravid had a better average in England than Sachin's average in England. At times it looked like Dravid was a better player of swing and seam bowling compared to Sachin due to his tight technique and more defensive technique. Sachin and Kohli to me seem more like natural stroke players and are more aggressive thus increasing the chances of making a mistake. However, Sachin was Sachin and Rahul was Rahul they were both really really good.

PokerAce

Banned
To be honest I think Rahul Dravid had a better average in England than Sachin's average in England. At times it looked like Dravid was a better player of swing and seam bowling compared to Sachin due to his tight technique and more defensive technique. Sachin and Kohli to me seem more like natural stroke players and are more aggressive thus increasing the chances of making a mistake. However, Sachin was Sachin and Rahul was Rahul they were both really really good.

Dravid is the only sub-continent player I know who averages more outside the sub-continent than he does in the sub-continent. He wasn't called the wall for nothing.

Also the mental thing to note is that in both innings Mishra had a big partnership with the player lower down the order.

grkrama

National Board President
^ This may come as a surprise but sachin did too at home 52 and away 54.75, RD is 51 and 53 i think

At times it looked like Dravid was a better player of swing and seam bowling compared to Sachin due to his tight technique and more defensive technique.

sachin had a great average in eng to but that last tour there spoiled it a bit while dravid boosted his, sachin still has around 54 and dravid at 68 in eng, both are excellent.

Sachin and Kohli to me seem more like natural stroke players and are more aggressive thus increasing the chances of making a mistake.
not at all sachin was zen he was like yoda, kohli at best would be luke/hansolo.

Sachin displayed great ability to curb stroke play when needed right from young age, he knew how to build an innings also, his batting was more on timing and balance rather than going hard at everything outside off. Kohli is nothing like sachin. Rahanae at times shows a bit of sachin in strokeplay though very loosely. Its just the whole media enigne trying to build kohli as the next sachin.

Also the mental thing to note is that in both innings Mishra had a big partnership with the player lower down the order.

He is certainly a much better bat than sirji who used to grace us with his presence.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Going back to Rohit Sharma, I thought long and hard about this and I think we have to give the benefit of the doubt to Dhoni, Kohli and anyone that's ever backed him that they kinda know what they're talking about, maybe Rohit Sharma is the greatest batsman to ever grace the net sessions, really not too far fetched if you think about it. There's a thing about talent though, you need the right mentality to go with it and I saw someone already call him this in the thread earlier, but he might just be a coward. The Indian management from the day I 1st heard his name to now have done everything in their control to provide him the best platform to "put it all together" and it's just sad it's not happening, irrespective of how much you or I hate him and want him gone to never be seen or heard from again, there's a lot of time and money that's went into this player, 100s of games someone who actually could've made it to the big stage could've made better use of him and won't ever get the opportunity to now because Rohit Sharma was more talented.

He's kinda salvaged himself as an ODI opener but that's really neither here nor there because other than a couple of really special innings in bilateral ties he's never done anything of note in a truly meaningful game.

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
Going back to Rohit Sharma, I thought long and hard about this and I think we have to give the benefit of the doubt to Dhoni, Kohli and anyone that's ever backed him that they kinda know what they're talking about, maybe Rohit Sharma is the greatest batsman to ever grace the net sessions, really not too far fetched if you think about it, but there's a thing about talent, you need the right mentality to go with it and someone called already him this in the thread earlier, he's a coward. The Indian management from the day I 1st heard his name to now have done everything in their control to provide him the best platform to "put it all together" and it's just sad it's not happening. He's kinda salvaged himself as an ODI opener but that's really neither here nor there because other than a couple of really special innings he's never done anything of note in a truly meaningful game.

He is like a FC bully, he has an average in 60s in FC, the closest i can think of is the england equivalent of mark ramprakash or Hick. They are great against anything mediocre. like say legendary greatness but not able to convert it in the big platform agaisnt tougher INTL guys. Its more mental than technique or talent, Vijay is certainly much less talented than Rohit but still makes runs.

The thing with dropping him is he will go to FC get a double, but the only way i can think of something that will truly help him is make him go to county and make a truckload runs there, tell him his deficiency's instead of hoping he will come good at INTL level after 8 years of no progress.

I have nothing against Rohit, we want every indian player to succeed , but this has gone too long at the peril of other players.

Last edited:

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Liking our bowling so far, could really use a genuine 3rd pace bowler on this pitch instead of whatever Binny is.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Lol one of the SL commentators asked Gavaskar how did India unearth so many genuine quick bowlers. :lol

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Pujara's average wud be 50+ again right ? After this knock

What a knock btw. Class

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Lol one of the SL commentators asked Gavaskar how did India unearth so many genuine quick bowlers. :lol

The grass is always greener on the other side. However, we have found a lot more quick bowlers in the last decade than in the past 50 years of our cricket history. Munaf, Sreesanth, RP, Irfan all had good starts to their career and were bowling early 140s for a while before fading away. Similarly, Zaheer was phenomenal for a long time and was actually the reason we got to that No.1 position in tests along with the Fab 4. In Yadav, Aaron and Shami we have 3 bowlers who can bowl quick and should be persisted with. Ishit is slowly showing progress. Add Bhuvi to the list the quick/seam-bowling stocks are not as bad as our spin bowling stocks where we have had to go back to Harby and Mishra.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread