January 12th - 1st T20i England vs Australia @ Adelaide

Discussion in 'The Ashes 2010-11' started by Ollie_H, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Ollie_H Chairman of Selectors

By bowling short spells. Obviously he needs to work more on his fitness but if he only bowls 2 or 3 over spells then he will be fine.

2. ferg512 International Coach

ferg512
    AKA:
    Fergus
    National Team:
    New Zealand & West Indies
    Domestic Team:
    Derbyshire & Wellington Firebirds
    I'm not sure but wasn't that what he was doing before and he still got injured??

3. WORLD CHAMPIONS PC Battrick Cup Champion S17

WORLD CHAMPIONS
    AKA:
    Pinky/Prince/Avronee
    National Team:
    AUSTRALIA , ITALY
    Domestic Team:
    NSW, Juventus, Lanc/Hamp, Chelsea, Real Madrid, MB
    Tait looked tired after bowling his second over. What he will do in World Cup :facepalm

4. pcfan123 Guest

I've been saying this for a long time and it was proven last time around in India. Tait can't bowl 10 overs, especially in the SC. He's too much off a liability, especially cause you have to break up his spells in 2-3 overs. Weak stuff really, you're never going to out pace the batsmen on the SC wickets. You need to bowl to a plan and be wily like Zaheer Khan. Tait will get smashed in the WC

5. McLOVIN Chairman of Selectors

Where the heck is Nannes? Tait is becoming very lazy. I saw old man Lee charging in and Tait was all... If he bowls 98-100 mph EVERY time, then I could deal with that, but he doesn't. No one should get tired playing T20.

On a similar note, why the innings break is so long? It's freaking T20. They are out there only for like an hour and 20 min. And they gets a half hr break!! There should be a 15 min break and that's it. Just keep up with the pace of the game.

6. aussie1st Retired Administrator

aussie1st
    AKA:
    Sylvester
    National Team:
    Australia
    Domestic Team:
    NSW Blues
    The break was 15 minutes. They left the field at 9pm AEST and came back at 9.15pm.

7. McLOVIN Chairman of Selectors

But did they start rolling after 15 min?

8. aussie1st Retired Administrator

aussie1st
    AKA:
    Sylvester
    National Team:
    Australia
    Domestic Team:
    NSW Blues
    Yea CA website commentary shows they did. I didn't pay attention to it but it definitely wasn't a 30 minute break.

9. Sureshot Executive member

Sureshot
    National Team:
    England
    Domestic Team:
    Sussex CCC
    In FC maybe, but definitely not in OD and T20 domestically. He had an eco rate of about 5.5 in T20 last year.

He's not played anything like as well as he can with the bat for England, bar a few ocassions. His T20 record with the bat isn't that bad. He has got out in some pretty sloppy fashion though for England.

McLovin - Sky commentators said there was a slight delay for some Channel Nine reasons iirc.

10. McLOVIN Chairman of Selectors

Ah. Because I am pretty sure it wasn't 15 min. They were out there, doing drills and stuff, but innings didn't start.

But my point was do they usually start the 2nd innings in 10-15 min?

11. Left_Hander Chairman of Selectors

Left_Hander
    AKA:
    Leftie, LH
    National Team:
    Australia
    Domestic Team:
    NSW Blues
    Watson bowled great in the last over. Can't really blame him for loosing the game. Lee didn't really help with his last over.

It was probably one of the best Twenty20 games I've ever seen. And I hate constant Twenty20, so coming from me that is quite a statement.

I believe they reported some news on the Queensland floods. That's what the break was for.

12. McLOVIN Chairman of Selectors

Aus v NZ last year, still the best T20.

13. midgetwars Club Captain

National Team:
    Australia
    Domestic Team:
    Deccan and Blue
    Tait was as good as McGrath last world cup... Look at him now. And people wanted him to play in test matches...

14. Roofrom50 International Coach

Roofrom50
    AKA:
    Roo
    National Team:
    Australia
    Domestic Team:
    Victoria
    There have been flood crisis in Australia over the last 2 weeks, they had a special bulletin on channel 9 through the break of the cricket. The break went for more then 15 minutes, or so it seemed

15. midgetwars Club Captain

National Team:
    Australia
    Domestic Team:
    Deccan and Blue
    Once again we see Watson unable to convert his 50...