Linking Players / Teams

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
So Issy, lets say I have a player like....Michael Clarke for example. He is in the Australia, New South Wales, and Sydney Thunder (Western Sydney) teams.

Based on your testing, what is the best process to take in terms of linking the player, linking the team, and then sharing overall to make sure he is in all teams?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well problem is i do not remember which players i linked to the incorrect ones.

And nope, messed up the backup as i thought nothing can go wrong now. It's alright. I have figured out a way. Takes a few minutes but gets the job done.

Question, even if i unlink the player....that created player gets removed from the team and stays as a free agent while the original player stays in the default team. Now i can add the created player back to the team. But what should i do with the original player? Delete him? Remove from the team?

Original players used to get removed during team link. Can't do that anymore as the created teams arent there anymore.

My apologies...should have created a backup of the backup...:facepalm

The install should have created a backup.

I will ask MikeM to answer the other questions as I am on Mobile.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Sorry another question...I've downloaded Issy's South Africa team. Is there a way I can unlink the players?

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
So Issy, lets say I have a player like....Michael Clarke for example. He is in the Australia, New South Wales, and Sydney Thunder (Western Sydney) teams.

Based on your testing, what is the best process to take in terms of linking the player, linking the team, and then sharing overall to make sure he is in all teams?

Well i follow this process....create an australia team and create all the players and them to the team. Once you have done that, start linking player by player to the default australia team with everything except stats checked. U can keep attributes/skills unchecked also if you want to use the default skills/attributes for now. Once you are done with the player linking, team link your created australia with the default australia with everything but players unchecked. Finally upload the default Australia team.

Remember If you need to change/edit a player in the future, go to the DEFAULT australia team and edit him from there. NOT from your created team or "my players" list.

----------

The install should have created a backup.

I will ask MikeM to answer the other questions as I am on Mobile.

Mine was a clean install, so i am sure it did not.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Ok thanks.

It's a bit limiting downloading a linked player and not having the option to remove the link...unless I'm missing something?

Oregonian

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
Good day, I have the problem with the CA 0.99b when you try to replace a player by pressing the Z button then the CA gets close and you are on the desktop. This is the problem i am facing like others. What is the solution ?? Best wishes.

sahilnatu

Club Captain
Good to know that this update has ironed out the linking flaws. Hoping to get on my PC tonight and get all the on disc teams updated.

Just one thing Ross, after we get the full game, will the CA be operable only with a controller or will a keyboard work too? Keyboards are seriously handy when it comes to filling in the names.

As for the linking part, (its more of a question to the likes of israr & bd) does linking only work between user created and on disc teams or for any 2 teams you wish? As in I link my India team with the on disc India, so does say Zaheer Khan from my Mumbai Ranji side (the one which I've created and isn't included in the disc) also get updated with stats n all? Or does he remain unaffected for Mumbai Ranji team wasn't an on disc team. Sorry for this rather stupid question. I haven't been in touch with CA for some time now. Can't wait to get the 0.99b CA tonight. :)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We use the standard keyboard interface on consoles, if there is a keyboard it will recognise it.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@sahil it should update the player wherever he is.

Like snowy, i can't see how to unlink players that have been linked automatically by the download process - can anyone tell me how to do that?

Am i right in thinking there is no Pakistan domestic teams? So if I have downloaded Isrars players that he linked to the 'wrong' disc players, it shouldnt matter because they will only be used in the Pakistan team anyway?

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Just finished uploading all the australian historical teams with linked players for anyone who needs them, they aren't a work of art but they will do for a name and a face.

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Like snowy, i can't see how to unlink players that have been linked automatically by the download process - can anyone tell me how to do that?
Player>Player Link>Find the player (either do a search for the specific team or scroll to the player) then hit Z to unlink.

Same process for unlinking Teams, only through the Team Link section.

Users who are viewing this thread