Mar 2 - England v Ireland

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The group will become more interesting if we see the Nederlands trumping SAF tomorrow. In such a case, one major team will be out of the Cup.

Gurjot95

National Board President
You guys just love to bash India bowling attack, isn't it? Look at some stats in this WC

England who has played 3 games, 1 against India and other 2 against minnows.
For-961/148.4
Against-959/149.1

India who has played 2 matches, one against England and other against Bangladesh.
For-708/100
Against-621/100.0

I am not defending Indian bowling, I know it's very bad but not worst. Just check SA Series, they defended low total and won 2 matches only by their bowling. They just needs supporting wicket and flat pitches are not going to help them.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
You didn't read my last line, right?

I did , just wanted to say we aren't going to get any of those sporting wickets any sooner in this nation . So , the stats that you provided (especially given the match is once again taking place in the legendary wicket of Bangalore's) makes little sense . By stats , i meant that you need not have involved the RSA series into this discussion .

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Good job from the Irish. Maybe it was the lack of quality non-pace options that did England in? Looks like Swann bowled well. Hoping that India's army of slow bowlers will slow O'Brien out--seems like it worked when the Banglas played them.

These pitches are definitely helping evening the field a bit. The problem with associate teams in the past has always been batting. With the pitches offering less to the bowlers, they are definitely enjoying batting on them a lot more.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The reason why we are bashing/ blasting the Indian attack is quite simple- We are used to the wickets- and we ought to know how to bowl in them. After playing for most of your life in India, if the bowlers do not know how to bowl and pick up wickets on flat tracks- shame on them.

Gurjot95

National Board President
I did , just wanted to say we aren't going to get any of those sporting wickets any sooner in this nation . So , the stats that you provided (especially given the match is once again taking place in the legendary wicket of Bangalore's) makes little sense .
What I wanted to say is India bowling can do better on supporting wickets but they are hopeless on flat wickets. So it's not that their bowling is worst, other teams bowlers are also getting smacked away. You can see 300+ scores every day.

The reason why we are bashing/ blasting the Indian attack is quite simple- We are used to the wickets- and we ought to know how to bowl in them. After playing for most of your life in India, if the bowlers do not know how to bowl and pick up wickets on flat tracks- shame on them.
I think the reason is our bowling is not up to mark. Parveen is injured, Sree out of form. We can only hope our bowling improves in next matches.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Good day regarding how my team fared in cricinfo's fantasy game though .
Had Swann as Captain along with Jono Trott :D

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I think the reason is our bowling is not up to mark. Parveen is injured, Sree out of form. We can only hope our bowling improves in next matches.

I really hope the Irish thrash us the same way they beat the English. That should open our eyes.

As for Praveen, I'd risk an injured Praveen Kumar over Sreesanth any day.Given the long gaps in between matches, we could and should [in hindsight] have taken that risk.

Shoaib87

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I didn't watch the match coz I thatought it would be one sided one but couldn't believe my eyes what I saw on the TV screen after the match ended.Kevin O'Brian,you're an amazing player & treat to watch.BTW,does he play county cricket?

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Amazing performance by Ireland! The group has now been flung wide open with all teams, bar probably Netherlands, having a prospect of make it to the quarter finals. The time is ripe for some huge upsets to take place, as four teams are now stranded in two points each, while India and England, the group toppers, are just one point ahead. Ireland will play their heart out against India in their next game, and if they can bludgeon the English, considering the parlous state of our bowling attack, the odds of them putting up a miraculous performance against India are pretty high. The recent matches have really breathed life into what was turning out to be a bland and predictable World Cup!

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

so is Eoin Morgan going to try and switch back :p

England should still get through to the 2nd stage which is a farce, they don't deserve to go through just based on this loss. England has allowed 2 associates to post close to or over 300. That's just pathetic

Users who are viewing this thread