NatWest Series 2005

Who will win the Natwest Series 2005?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jonah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sureshot said:
What about that beamer that wasnt given from McGrath?
Yeah, I suppose the only thing that saved him was that Giles had come a couple of paces down the pitch.

cheaterr

Club Cricketer
What an amazing match....mind blowing results!

I expected england to win when they need 3 from 2 balls but that run-out of gough wasted that ball. But still a good fight back from england.

jonah

International Coach
Terrific end credits on Sky Sports to Oasis 'Stay Young'; great stuff :cool: .

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Amzing match, I really thought England would win after Aus set the low total, but some real mind blowing bowling by the Aussies. Geriant Jones and Collingwood saved their skin, and some really tight last five overs! Wow, what a way to finish a tie!

Sureshot

Executive member
imo Collingwood should have had man of the series. Recorded the greatest ever all round figures in an ODI plus took a great catch plus 50 and a wicket today. Fair play to Symonds though, just wish he would shave.

anakwalajinn

Club Cricketer
If Ashraful did made a couple of more runs in the last 2 matches, I think he would have gotten it...
Anyway I have a question, isn't it more faire that England just were 9 down, and Aussies were 10, so England should win? :confused:

jonah

International Coach
Yeah, in an ideal world. Unfortunately the NatWest Series rules say it's a draw if scores are the same.

Sureshot

Executive member
Will the Natwest Challenge be in a new thread? As this has been unstickied.

adthomp

International Cricketer
England have something now they didn't before they fight!!

and man i missed a great match t 5am I would have been sound asleep with this tie have to watch teh highlights I went to bed a england at 5 for 20 somthing

vibs89

School Cricketer
Unbeliveable Match. I mean I couldn't belive it and that to in the finals of Natwest Series. First I thought it would be alot easier for England to win this match as Aussie score Low total of 196. But When England were on big trouble when it was 33/5 and England had no chance of winning. What a good partnership by Collingwood and Geraint Jones.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
anakwalajinn said:
Anyway I have a question, isn't it more faire that England just were 9 down, and Aussies were 10
That wouldn't really have been fair. It would work with the Duckworth-Lewis scheme of things, though. You could also say that Australia should have won on run rate, they had 196 from 48.5 overs (although the ICC uses this as 50 overs if the side is bowled out).

Sureshot said:
What about that beamer that wasnt given from McGrath?
Isn't a beamer over shoulder height? Maybe not. But Giles had come down the wicket and even then it was just barely over waist height.

Users who are viewing this thread