Story New Zealand - A Force To Be Reckoned With [NZ's 2014/15 Player Profiles COMPLETE]

Good update, not the best performance. Should of stuck with Bond and McCullum methinks.

Great Update Mate... KIU

2ndtestbanner.png

paknznewsbanner.png

Yousuf and Akmal, lift Pakistan

Pakistani captain Mohammad Yousuf, and wicket-keeper Kamran Akmal, have put Pakistan in a good position on day two of the second test against New Zealand.

Pakistan started the day with five wickets in hand, and still trailing New Zealand by 82 runs, but that deficit was wiped off within the first session, as Yousuf and Akmal got to work on a great pitch for batting. Kamran Akmal received an early life from Ross Taylor, as he was dropped at first slip on only 23. Though it was a skipper who was the first of the two to perish, but not after they had already put on a match high partnership of 86. Pakistan went to lunch with a lead of four runs, and four wickets in hand.

New Zealand came out in the second session, with a tough Pakistan tail to wrap up. They were put to the test, by an aggressive Afirdi batting all the way down at eight. He and Akaml put together a fifty partnership, handing the match initiative to Pakistan. It was Southee who finally found the break through, taking two in two balls with the new gem. The big wicket of Akaml was finally taken by a persistent O'Brien, he found the right line and length and a bit of movement trapped him plumb in front. Southee then picked up the final Pakistan wicket, being his third, as New Zealand ended the session with an 89 run deficit and all 10 second innings wickets in hand.

A tough job was in front of the New Zealand top order, and they made a horrid start, as both openers were sent back with the New Zealand score on only 24. Taylor and Flynn then came together, and they worked hard for a fifty partnership, taking New Zealand to the end of the day without the loss of any further wickets.

New Zealand will start the third day trailing Pakistan by 13 runs, a tough job remaining if they want to set Pakistan a challenging total to chase. I hope you can join us for day three coverage from Lahore tomorrow.

Short Scoreboard

New Zealand | 172 all out Peter Fulton 43 . | Danish Kaneria 5 - 41 Jesse Ryder 24 | Shahid Afridi 2 - 43 Daniel Flynn 23 | Umar Gul 2 - 53

Pakistan | 263 all out Kamran Akmal 81 | Tim Southee 3 - 51 Mohammad Yousuf 68 | Daniel Vettori 2 - 60 Shahid Afridi 27 | Iain O'Brien 2 - 67

New Zealand | 78 for 2 Ross Taylor 38* . | Umar Gul 1 - 14 Daniel Flynn 21* | Danish Kaneria 1 - 32 Peter Fulton 9 | Samiullah Khan 0 - 9

paknzphotosbanner.png

2ndrosstaylordroppingak.png

Ross Taylor puts down Kamran Akmal at first slip, it cost New Zealand 58 runs

2ndmohmyousuffifty.png

Mohammad Yousuf raising his bat, after a well compiled half century

2ndmhmdyousuffinallyout.png

Mohammad Yousuf is finally caught at second slip, by Neil Broom on 68

2ndmcintoshtakesgoodcat.png

Tim McIntosh takes a good catch, to end the Pakistan innings

2ndtaylorstrghtdrive.png

New Zealand captain Ross Taylor, plays a glorious straight drive for four

NZ need to bat exceedingly well if they want to acheive something in this series
K Akmal and MoYo do the trick for Pakistan and a howler from Taylor, who is generally such a safe pair of hands :facepalm
Like the idea of the short scorecard! kIU

who is generally such a safe pair of hands
LOL,I've seen him drop sitters!Not a safe pair for sure.But yeah,Newzealand have been pretty disppointing here.Taylor and Flynn are settled and should take NZ a long way from here on.

LOL,I've seen him drop sitters!Not a safe pair for sure.But yeah,Newzealand have been pretty disppointing here.Taylor and Flynn are settled and should take NZ a long way from here on.

Taylor's normally a pretty safe pair of hands.
In real life, he'd be one of the best first slippers going around. ;)

Great use of the images! I didnt think screenshotting them would come out so clearly

Hmmm...
I'm thinking of changing the story up a bit, but I want your guys opinions.

Pretty much I don't really want to play this save anymore, as New Zealand plain and simply suck, so ATM it's not too fun for me.

Is what I was thinking of doing was I'd time warp you guys four years into the future, where I have a save that you can actually win games with New Zealand on...

What are your guys thoughts on that???

Im not to keen on going to the future. If you can edit the stats and somehow make NZ more competitive I will be pleased to follow.

Im not to keen on going to the future. If you can edit the stats and somehow make NZ more competitive I will be pleased to follow.

My editor doesn't really work.
Firstly I can only edit the batting ratings, and when I do that it re-sets all the other stuff such as batting preferences etc.

As I said before, I'm not really finding it that fun ATM, as we just keep on getting owned.

Users who are viewing this thread