New Zealand Tour of India, November 2010/11

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
If Mills is still playing FC cricket, he should be there.

ferg512

International Coach
Prediction: India 3-0 tests and 4-0 in the ODIs with one washout

Last edited:

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wait a sec, where has everyone else been the past couple of weeks? Saying we will be competitive in the ODIs. Were we not just beaten 4-0 by Bangladesh? Prediction: India 3-0 tests and 4-0 in the ODIs with one washout

um. Who's saying this?

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

If you're looking at the posts on the first page you should probably look at the date they were posted too...

ferg512

International Coach
um. Who's saying this?

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

If you're looking at the posts on the first page you should probably look at the date they were posted too...

Oh whoops! sorry guys my bad

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Bangladesh is different story. Kiwis have been giving us tough fight in ODIs and I wont be surprised if they win few.

ferg512

International Coach
Right, the Test squad is named in a few days time. How about some predictions? I've basically come up with -

Tim McIntosh
Brendon McCullum
Jamie How
Ross Taylor
Jesse Ryder
Kane Williamson
Daniel Vettori
Gareth Hopkins
Brent Arnel
Tim Southee
Chris Martin
BJ Watling
Jeetan Patel
Andy McKay
Daniel Flynn

as the squad I think the selectors will take. Flynn's a better player of spin then James Franklin is and given that he's had more success in test cricket over the past couple of years I think they'll take him as the back up middle order batsmen.

Yep sounds perfect to me (what they will pick, not the team being perfect) but not sure about Flynn though I reckon it could be Guptill if they are keen to get him back in now.

ferg512 added 4 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

probably not, it only rains in india from around June-October.

hmmm ok on that note maybe India might slip up in one game. We did beat them not too long ago by 200 runs and with Styris back might have a chance. Btw is Styris going to be back or is he out for longer??

Crew of Black

Club Cricketer
If you drop

Patel for Beard
Flynn for Guptill

I'd be slightly less underwhelmed about this side than I currently am.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
On what grounds could you justify selecting Martin Guptill? He was sent away with the A team to find some form - something he hasn't done. No way will he make the test squad.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Guptill should go to domestic cricket and find some form. Selecting Beard would be interesting and a move I would support. He bowled as good as, if not better than Patel it would seem by the scorecards in Zimbabwe. And he bowled very well in the emerging players tournament as well.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
This series is really going to be awesome.

I hope India do not rest the key during the ODI's. Gambhir needs some matches before WC.

I agree Sehwag ,Zaheer,Singh needed this break but Gambhir has not been into seen after Asia Cup :(

He looked good with few 80's there but we need to see his actual form now.

If at all selectors give rest, then Please get back Irfan Pathan for fans sake and let him prove himself please!!

Crew of Black

Club Cricketer
On what grounds could you justify selecting Martin Guptill? He was sent away with the A team to find some form - something he hasn't done. No way will he make the test squad.

His form slump only occured in the limited overs formats, his test form wasn't too bad. Yes his dropping from the ODI squad was warranted because of a string of bad performances.

But you don't drop a guy in the format that he had been performing competently in, because his form in the other formats hasn't been good enough.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
His form slump only occured in the limited overs formats, his test form wasn't too bad. Yes his dropping from the ODI squad was warranted because of a string of bad performances.

But you don't drop a guy in the format that he had been performing competently in, because his form in the other formats hasn't been good enough.

Heh, Guptill's a terrible four day/test batsmen. Yes Bangladesh just beat New Zealand but the only reason his test record looks half decent is because of that 189 he scored at the start of the year. He failed at the top of the order and now that Ryder's back there isn't a place for him in the middle order.

Crew of Black

Club Cricketer
What is the likely hood Ryder is going to last a whole series without getting injured or ill?

On those grounds do you take, Daniel Flynn, a guy who still hasn't shown any signs of consistent form ever since he was dropped from the test team, or do you take Martin Guptill, someone who has performed a heck of a lot more in the last year.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I take Daniel Flynn as he's an actual middle order batsmen.

Users who are viewing this thread