International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wickets > Economy - It could be cricket in our backyard. It's always better to have a WK taking bowler.
I would say it's more the other way around in T20. See, the thing about T20 cricket is you build pressure by bowling economical overs and someone (a wickettaker) can bring about a wicket for your team. T20 cricket is such a format that you can be 5 down in the tenth over and you can still win the game. The key to do well in t20 is to build pressure.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
For T20, I completely agree that Economy > Wickets but for ODI and Test it does not apply at all. In ODI a pressure built can be batted out and there will be atleast 1 bowler against whom the pressure can be relaxed. As for test Economy does not make sense at all.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Ah! A rare off day for Axar. Great bowling from Bumrah and Bhuvi. And Munro is a beast

B

Bigby Wolf

And today it was India who were sloppy on the field 2 catches dropped of Munro and a runout opportunity missed. Bumrah and Bhuvi both were again exceptional today especially the former if you consider the figures of the other bowlers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
WHy do we bother to send Pandya before MS? He gets out anyway!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I love how people are preferring Axar over Kuldeep. Shastri has done a decent job of destroying Pandya. In his head he was a good hitter. Shastri then turned him into a good hitter of spin bowling. Now he can't do anything.

Instead of giving him a defined rile of being a no.6 and finishing innings along with bowling 70-80% of his full quota min. the management is looking to be 'flexible' and confusing people about their roles.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
. the management is looking to be 'flexible' and confusing people about their roles.
I remember same thing happened in the Greg Chappell era. This is not that desperate situation but I agree players need to know their roles in the XI. Being too flexible can cost us. To be fair to Pandya, he got a good ball today.

B

Bigby Wolf

Well played New Zealand they outplayed India in all three facets today. Boult was outstanding so as the spinners who bowled to their plans and kept on building the pressure throughout the innings Kohli was brilliant from India's perspective but just didn't had the support at the other end to take it to the last. MSD post 2014 has really struggled to finish off games or to get the big shots going at the death really needs a reassessment on his place atleast in the t20 team.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
What a great game of cricket, the minute the openers fell cheaply the game was basically NZ's to lose.

The unnecessary need to accommodate Iyer at 3 and displacing everyone seemed quite counter-intuitive. Dhoni clearly isn't what he used to be and if you want to play him in the XI, he should come in at 4 after Kohli.

Positive note, it sets up a good final T20.

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
No words for Kohli. He was amazing today as well. He always plays well but hardly gets any support from others. It's high time we bring Pant in for Dhoni in T20I. Dhoni should continue in ODI, but should call it off in T20I.

And why the hell are they not giving chance for Rahul ? This is absolutely ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread