New Zealand

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
but still mate,iain o'brien shouldn't be playing T20s.
i think NZ is no better than say bangladesh or a poor west indies side.
if you contest 5 T20s between NZ and WI, WI will win atleast 3 of them.
NZ is just a shadow of the mediocre side it used to be with the likes of cairns, harris, astle, mcmillan, bond and fleming.
is there a single batsman in the side you can rely on?
A BIGGGGGGGGG NO!!!!
sorry if i sounded rude but i'm the biggest fan of the kiwis.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Agree, but our bowling will be exposed against teams like India and South Africa. The batsmen will need to score 180+ in those games I feel, which I think is quite possible.

Dont worry if you play India. Vettori will win it.

irottev

School Cricketer
I would have said we have a good chance, but literally half our squad is injured. Send Shane Bond over.

karnog

International Cricketer
^^ who would've thought....

Yeah its a bit worrying. Add to the fact Oram is fairly injury prone and i think Mccullum has got a huge problem. Is it confirmed he's the captain or is just speculation?

Dark horses often win. West Indies are another possibility as well. So is Pakistan...

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Never seen a cricket side with so many injuries. If they send Bond over that would improve the bowling massively.

Sarah

School Cricketer
i don't think that Asian Teams like India,Pakistan,Srilanka will win this time................:spy:rolleyes:

SouthAfrica or New zealand will win...................:happy:happy:happy:happy:happy

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Are we allowed to? Or does it have to be someone from an extended squad?

Don't really know of the rules on that but I would think they could pick anyone. I reckon it will be more a case of will your selectors have the guts to pick him.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Don't really know of the rules on that but I would think they could pick anyone. I reckon it will be more a case of will your selectors have the guts to pick him.

Who else are they going to pick?

If we did need a replacement player I'm sure our selectors would think long and hard about bringing Bond over. He was clearly the best domestic 20/20 bowler in NZ this season, so at least they would have a reason to pick him.

nz0003

International Cricketer
I wish NZ would say something about these injuries, whats the bet we don't find out anything until the game starts.

irottev

School Cricketer

They've already said he's in selection contention for Sri Lankan tour and also in contention for an NZ contract both of which will be announced after the T20 World Cup. The only thing which may stop it is whether Bond is ready for it yet. Since it's just T20 and Bond has kept himself in good spahe from reports I don't see why not.

My eyes will be fixated on the news to see if they're going to fly him over. Ryder definitely needs replacing.

nz0003

International Cricketer
I would hope Bond would already be on his way if they are going to select him, the time differences are quite big.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hasn't been anything in the media so far, the main story is Ryder could be missing for the rest of the T20 WC. Do you guys have enough batters should Ryder go? There seems to be a heap of bowlers around especially considering Mills and Vettori still have to come back.

nz0003

International Cricketer
Mills played last night.

If Ryder, Vettori cant play, I hope the team will look like:

1. McCullum
2. Guptill
3. Franklin
4. Taylor
5. Styris
6. Oram
7. McGlashen
8. McCullum
9. Butler
10. Mills
11. O'Brien?

And if Taylor cant play, then chuck in Broom.

Users who are viewing this thread