Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This would be an exceedingly bad idea. :) Changing ANYTHING risks breaking something. Given it has been failed several times already you don't change anything unless it's flagged by platform holders.

True. Plus it's your reputation that takes a hit with platform holders. I would get the patch out as it is and adding more stuff as patch 3 when most of the gameplay elements are nailed down in the PC version.

----------

zimrahil
If it was Sony holding it up I would still say the same thing. Get it out on the console that passed it.

I'm not seething behind my keyboard and I never said I was owed anything. But if something is broken when you buy it you are within your consumer rights to have a fully working product.
Which by your attitude I can tell you have no idea about customer services or the retail trade, So go back to mummy's basement drink coke and eat pizza

On a different note, why don't you buy the PC version as you know for sure you will get multiple updates and patches and it will always be ahead of the console versions?

Chief

Panel of Selectors
But if something is broken when you buy it you are within your consumer rights to have a fully working product.

No. You're not. But if you can prove that it is not fit for purpose (IE is the product described), then you're probably within your rights to return it for a refund/credit (depending on the terms of the sale).

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
zimrahil
If it was Sony holding it up I would still say the same thing. Get it out on the console that passed it.

I'm not seething behind my keyboard and I never said I was owed anything. But if something is broken when you buy it you are within your consumer rights to have a fully working product.
Which by your attitude I can tell you have no idea about customer services or the retail trade, So go back to mummy's basement drink coke and eat pizza

Don't normally bite but oh well...

Firstly my mom would be a bit surprised if after 15 years of living with my partner I suddenly turned up at her door step asking to go into non existent basement to eat and drink :p

I work with customers on a daily basis for past 10 years and know all about customer services thanks

Finally DBC was never broken. Think Chief covered this elsewhere but it would have to be unfit for purpose to be considered 'broken' which it wasn't.

Codies and EA have delivered cricket games as 'broken' as this one, if not worse and patches were no where to be seen.

We have no 'right' for fixes in my opinion - its great to see them but they are still not our right to have them (again in my opinion)

EDIT - only just seen Chief's reply above mine :)

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Didn't the EA cricket games have a bug where the AI would ignore bowler over restrictions in limited overs games? Or being able to hook yorkers in AC09? DBC is not perfect and has a few issues (I'd argue the bowler speed issue breaks test matches, but that may just be me) but its definitely not as broken as past cricket games and is actually getting post release support.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dbut its definitely not as broken as past cricket games and is actually getting post release support.

And might I add an excellent one at that.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I am now slowly loosing faith in Bigant as it looks like there will never be a patch 2 or 3 on console, where as there primary market (PC) get updates all the time.

Just to pick you up on this, the vast majority of sales will be on console not PC. I don't have a citation on DB14 but Chief has quoted 90% consoles for AC09 in the past.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Also, if PC was their primary market, you wouldn't have the game on your console 2 months before it got released on PC.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Just to pick you up on this, the vast majority of sales will be on console not PC. I don't have a citation on DB14 but Chief has quoted 90% consoles for AC09 in the past.

Actually more like 1%... but, as I've said, Steam has improved the PC market since then to some extent.

Actually, seeing as you're asking (and then acknowledging that you did no such thing) I confidently expect DBC to have a much higher percentage of PC sales vs consoles. *EDIT: As in much higher than 1%. Not that PC will outsell consoles, obv.

Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Without even seeing your location, I knew you were from Birmingham after seeing that... I'm sure it's a Brummie thing! Everyone else says Mum!

Lol I think you are right- everyone I know says mom :p

dontboycottme

School Cricketer
ps3, xbox and pc versions are identical. The specs required to run the PC game on full settings equate to what the consoles can do. I am surprised how the pc version has been dumbed down so much. I have a top spec ultrabook but it is not a games machine by any standards. It has plenty of juice but generally wont run games properly. it runs this game on top spec without prob. thats how low the pc threshold is. i downloaded the golf club on steam and my ultrabook hadnt got a chance of running it even though it met their specs. My graphics card is hopeless and yet in runs this on full settings without probs. Dont listen to allthe gaff, its the same game on console and pc. and that is unforgivable

Last edited:

awsomeDBC

School Cricketer
i wonder how much time these ps3 men r gona take to study a 20mb (i guess) patch, push the dammm release button u lazy f***s (folks)......

really its too much wait now... ruining our gaming time... not so many ppl are online these days just waiting for this patch :facepalm

really hate console gaming now.. gona sell it n move to pc soon!

ellgieff

Club Captain
ps3, xbox and pc versions are identical. The specs required to run the PC game on full settings equate to what the consoles can do. I am surprised how the pc version has been dumbed down so much. I have a top spec ultrabook but it is not a games machine by any standards. It has plenty of juice but generally wont run games properly. it runs this game on top spec without prob. thats how low the pc threshold is. i downloaded the golf club on steam and my ultrabook hadnt got a chance of running it even though it met their specs. My graphics card is hopeless and yet in runs this on full settings without probs. Dont listen to allthe gaff, its the same game on console and pc. and that is unforgivable

Dumbed down?

You mean graphically, right? How about you crawl back to FPS land, where gameplay hasn't changed for 20 years but everything is way prettier (and browner) ...

Chief

Panel of Selectors
i wonder how much time these ps3 men r gona take to study a 20mb (i guess) patch

You have to test the whole game all over again with the update to check nothing has been broken. You might even find things that were in the original release that weren't found first time round. It's not a trivial business.

Users who are viewing this thread