Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

neiske

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey everyone.

Is it just me or since patch 2 (xbox360) do most of the ground shots (with perfect timing and footwork) go in the air? It's really frustrating when trying to cut and pull you just get caught all the time.

Although this doesn't happen playing identical shots with both triggers down (aggresive ground shots) so have the controls changed or have the 'normal' ground shots been broken somehow?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hey everyone.

Is it just me or since patch 2 (xbox360) do most of the ground shots (with perfect timing and footwork) go in the air? It's really frustrating when trying to cut and pull you just get caught all the time.

Although this doesn't happen playing identical shots with both triggers down (aggresive ground shots) so have the controls changed or have the 'normal' ground shots been broken somehow?

Yup, some of the shots, especially cut & the pull are hit in the air no matter what post patch 2. Hopefully Big Ant will look into it as part of gameplay balancing in patch 3.

Last edited:

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Hey Guys,

Did any one notice or is it only me? The ball seems to have gone smaller or so it seems.. When it travels along the ground, takes a couple of seconds to pick it up. Same way when it is in the air while the ball is being thrown by AI.. Is it just me or a genuine issue?

PS: Thought it was me, but can't be a drastic deterioration in my eyes considering I updated only yesterday and could see the ball clearly before the patch! :)

Cheers..

Are you sitting further away from your monitor than you were pre-patch? :)
Do the players look smaller too?

Last edited:

Liddellpool

School Cricketer
Hey everyone.

I haven't played the game on the earlier patches but yeah, I do notice a lot of normal shots (without triggers) not staying on the ground. However, this seems to be offset by the AI fielding as they seem to drop most of these opportunities. I'm on PC.

Aneesmoha

School Cricketer
I have noticed the that normal shots are going in the air. The normally "bank" shots. But like liddle said most of the time the fielders drop or don't even go for the ball. It does make you a lil nervy if you have got yourself in though...it does force you to play straighter a lot more. Coaches around the world are now super happy.

billionaiire

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey everyone.

I mentioned it somewhere right after the patch 2 came out - yes even on PS3 the shots are going in air. In fact, after the seemingly more stutter post patch 2 I have pretty much stopped playing the game on PS3 and been playing on PC. The version on PC functions a lot better.

geniusfool88

School Cricketer
Still there are bugs that need to be addressed. Bowled is not given out. I face this when i play online game and it is more than before. I get 3 or 4 bowled not given out.

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I haven't played the game on the earlier patches but yeah, I do notice a lot of normal shots (without triggers) not staying on the ground. However, this seems to be offset by the AI fielding as they seem to drop most of these opportunities. I'm on PC.

I was told by an eminent forum member that it was due to my (and everyone else's by the sound of it) bad timing of the shot. :facepalm

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Keep chirping away, chirpy. I just don't see or have the difficulties you do, face-palm-smiley. Get over it.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
For someone who spends his time whinging about me, sending me PMs to leave you alone, reporting my posts and holding on to weird grudges about things you're wrong about, maybe you have better things to do? I hear getting over it is a good pastime? Move in that direction...

...or just get better at playing the game? Your choice.

Users who are viewing this thread