Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.08) & Xbox One (1.0.0.9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Maybe try a bunch of different pitches and see if they all look the same? @passwordistaco has said he thinks all his pitches look grassy so could be some PS4 bug.

Yeah last summer on beta the pitches seemed decent even on low of settings but no character at all on ps4 but this is even worse[DOUBLEPOST=1525287768][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oooh not sure: I am a PC fanboi...I guess it is all set at high automatically?

Yeah I assume it's more standard/default on console

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah last summer on beta the pitches seemed decent even on low of settings but no character at all on ps4 but this is even worse[DOUBLEPOST=1525287768][/DOUBLEPOST]

I am on ps4 and am getting a liitle on grassy wearing. And its only day 1, session 3. Not sure if i selected quivk wear though.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

It'll be whatever the PS4 can handle, which is less than a decent PC with highest settings, most games have locked graphical settings in my experience.

There's a noticeable difference between the PS4 game and the settings I have on PC. Stuff like logos appearing with greater clarity etc.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So I’m to assume you still can’t duck a bouncer lol in a cricket game no less.

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
One of my best memories in DBC17 is when a batsman tried to sway out of the way of my bouncer and it smashed him right on the helmet, then I cleaned him up with a yorker the very next ball.
Very crickety moment. I enjoyed doing that too.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I've tried out a test match, and while I haven't ducked many deliveries, I have ducked some. Even had one hit on the lid when I ducked

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
I noticed a few fixes in the new patch:
  • Batsman return to crease after cancelling a run has improved.
  • Six hitting/lofted shot timing window has been slightly increased.
And as mentioned in the patch notes, swing issue fixed and now the swing and seam feels much better.

Thanks @BigAntStudios and @MattW for getting the patch over to consoles in such a quick time.

Now let me get back to batting in hardest.
I hvnt played the patch yet. Are you sure that lofted shots timing is changed in the patch becoz there are no changes to the build after swing issue fix on the first 2 days.

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I always assumed that to duck you just press the leave button and the back-foot selection. Could be wrong.

I rarely duck now, because I never get out pulling/hooking. If I mistime a pull I just miss it rather than edging it.

Sir Mike Rose

Club Captain
Profile Flag
West Indies
I always assumed that to duck you just press the leave button and the back-foot selection. Could be wrong.

I rarely duck now, because I never get out pulling/hooking. If I mistime a pull I just miss it rather than edging it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1525302335][/DOUBLEPOST]Can anyone tell me what was updated

D

Deleted member 185125

I hvnt played the patch yet. Are you sure that lofted shots timing is changed in the patch becoz there are no changes to the build after swing issue fix on the first 2 days.
I was able to hit sixes on hard easier than last patch. I played an ODI and even had two consecutive sixes.
Not sure if it is cos I have gotten better at batting:p.

D

Deleted member 185125

One off a spinner and the other pace

Played a drive late and spooned up to the fielder off the pad
I don't think I has seen those kind. Did you check the replay to make sure no edges? Which fielder(region) does it go for a catch to?

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
I was able to hit sixes on hard easier than last patch. I played an ODI and even had two consecutive sixes.
Not sure if it is cos I have gotten better at batting:p.
It could be you... But i will test in couple of hours and let you know if i see any difference...

D

Deleted member 185125

It could be you... But i will test in couple of hours and let you know if i see any difference...
Sure, give it a try without enabling any modifiers or custom difficulty settings. I had a wierd issue in the new patch where I could not touch a ball due to something I changed. After exiting the match and setting it to hardest before starting the match, it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread