Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.08) & Xbox One (1.0.0.9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Very crickety moment. I enjoyed doing that too.

I very rarely bowl bouncers, but I know I've bowled a few inswingers and cutters that have come back to hit the batsman in the box, and I've then got him out next ball too, haha!

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I played an odi between Ind 92 vs Aus 92 (custom created ) and experienced some weird batting animated shots while batting as Ind 92. That's when i tried to play onside for a good length and pull length deliveries pitching on outside off stump , human batsman takes the shot of coverdrive but ball is going to fine leg. It should have been an mistimed edge or play and miss instead weird batting shot. Am i the only one getting this issue. Please can anyone try to play these shots. If it's a bug then i will raise.

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I'm requesting this after playing some decent hours post patch. Batting feels realistic and great with the change in timing meters but I feel the same thing should be done with bowling too. I regularly play online. Now those blue and yellow balls (full length deliveries) became an issue with pace variation of 150 and 120. This is too much of a difference and its very tough to make out in the flight all the time. So every odd ball will cost a wicket. If bowling pace variations can also be little tuned then it will be a perfect balance.

Thank you.

flake

County Cricketer
Patch is good, but does anyone else find it impossible to play lofted shots now? Almost like the animation isn’t quick enough because of the new timing being so late...That prod down covers throat is getting annoying.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Patch is good, but does anyone else find it impossible to play lofted shots now? Almost like the animation isn’t quick enough because of the new timing being so late...That prod down covers throat is getting annoying.
You need to practice more to play lofted shots just like in real cricket .Before patch it was arcade like every ball if you play lofted shot then it goes to six but now it's very realistic thanks to BA. Batting has been greatly improved post the patch. But still few issues i am facing like playing outside off stump deliveries to onside for good and full length, batsman playing a coverdrive but ball is going to fine leg. I don't know whether this is a bug or not .Very weird animation. Despite of this small issue game is well balanced now.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
I played a night game in wellington stadium on xbox one after the patch and there is an improvement in stuttering.
Improved lil bit but the ball movement after shot is not smooth at all, as it is in day games on ps4.

Aditya130293

School Cricketer
I'm requesting this after playing some decent hours post patch. Batting feels realistic and great with the change in timing meters but I feel the same thing should be done with bowling too. I regularly play online. Now those blue and yellow balls (full length deliveries) became an issue with pace variation of 150 and 120. This is too much of a difference and its very tough to make out in the flight all the time. So every odd ball will cost a wicket. If bowling pace variations can also be little tuned then it will be a perfect balance.

Thank you.
True. I also support this argument. As I am also mostly online player. I also face lot of difficulty in this issue.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
I find the ball swinging all day on Green/pristine pitch, is it meant to be so? Doesn’t it suppose to be reduced after 50 overs or so ?
Is there a way to see the replays slower in slow mo mode ? I see it in the videos posted, the replays are played in slower speed. Wondering if it is done during editing?

D

Deleted member 185125

Is there a way to see the replays slower in slow mo mode ? I see it in the videos posted, the replays are played in slower speed. Wondering if it is done during editing?
If you are on PS4, press x to pause the replay and then hold R2 ever so slightly to to achieve slower video play back. The trigger force on R2 determines the playback speed.

Pat

International Coach

Thank you.

150 kph to 120 kph bowling speed is quite accurate compared to real world. Changing it will make things unrealistic. I understand it is difficult to time the ball when the bowler keeps varying the pace (I face the same difficulty), but that's the challenge. Even in real life, many times batsmen get out trying to slog the ball on a slow delivery or even mistime time due to change of pace. Just learn to take calculated risks when you are trying to slog/score quick runs.

silentuk

Club Captain
I find the ball swinging all day on Green/pristine pitch, is it meant to be so? Doesn’t it suppose to be reduced after 50 overs or so ?

Press R3 while on the replay to cycle through the different replay speeds.

Nikhil Ajmera

School Cricketer
I love the new patch and the new timing system. Makes the game very realistic.
But i have noticed one thing. While watching the replay of a shot that we have played, the animation when we play the shot is wierd.
Its almost like the character plays the ball too late and because of which weird animation happens whereas before the patch the player used to play the short very smoothly.
M not quite able to explain i guess bt has anyone else felt the same?

Pikachu

School Cricketer
150 kph to 120 kph bowling speed is quite accurate compared to real world. Changing it will make things unrealistic. I understand it is difficult to time the ball when the bowler keeps varying the pace (I face the same difficulty), but that's the challenge. Even in real life, many times batsmen get out trying to slog the ball on a slow delivery or even mistime time due to change of pace. Just learn to take calculated risks when you are trying to slog/score quick runs.
Have you played online or talking about this only after playing offline ?

AI don't have variety in their bowling. And thrn it's very difficult to judge those fulls ball whether it's coming slow or fast.

Hence you miss time and get bowled/lbw even if you play grounded/defensive shots

sashu_91

County Cricketer
I love the new patch and the new timing system. Makes the game very realistic.
But i have noticed one thing. While watching the replay of a shot that we have played, the animation when we play the shot is wierd.
Its almost like the character plays the ball too late and because of which weird animation happens whereas before the patch the player used to play the short very smoothly.
M not quite able to explain i guess bt has anyone else felt the same?
True, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread