Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.08) & Xbox One (1.0.0.9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndschan

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Apologies BA, @MattW for complaining incessantly about batting being easy. Oh what a delight to bat at the Hardest Legend level. Disabled all Batting Modifiers and resetted all sliders to default (except for Shot Force 15), purest form of the game. Batting experience has never been to real. Actually have to watch the ball to get yourself in. Still finding it difficult to negotiate short pitch deliveries but will get there.
Genuine edges, trying to drive on the up, LBWs for the inswing, feather edges on defence because the ball did just enough. Great stuff.

IMO BA has spoiled us with too many sliders and modifiers without explaining what they really do. It's a much rewarding gameplay experience with all set to default and let the game provide that variation

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Since the patches have been released what is everyone’s take on resetting the game , by this I mean deleting logos , teams etc and starting from scratch , would this make any difference to my playing experience?

I ask as I continued my old career mode yesterday after downloading new patches and I still getting 6/7 over run rate in 1st class games , and The opposite in T20 , where I can barely lay bat on ball, all on batting hardest / veteran, I’m also getting some weird ball through bat bowled dismissals...

I’ll persevere as it may just be a few oddities catching my attention, as much of the game play has improved nicely....

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Hi @MattW
My game has crashed 2 times again today one while watching replay n other during load after the end of the match.
I m on xbox and playing a casual test match.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
I have been noticing this for a while but was not too sure. Does anyone feel that shot power is higher is test matches and comparatively lesser in ODIs? I mean the drives rocket to the fence in test matches but not so in ODIs.

ndschan

Club Captain
I have been noticing this for a while but was not too sure. Does anyone feel that shot power is higher is test matches and comparatively lesser in ODIs? I mean the drives rocket to the fence in test matches but not so in ODIs.
I think its more to do with the fields, I always use a lower shot force in Tests vis a vis limited overs cricket

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Any tips for playing spin with new patch , I either get bowled by a straight one even with perfect timing and shots selection , or if too late lbw , I cannot survive more that about an over on hardest level with 80 rated batsman ....

ndschan

Club Captain
Any tips for playing spin with new patch , I either get bowled by a straight one even with perfect timing and shots selection , or if too late lbw , I cannot survive more that about an over on hardest level with 80 rated batsman ....
Yeah hardest reduces the timing window to almost zilch. Very difficult to play spinners. Play with transparent batsmen off if the bowler is bowling over the wicket, IMO you are atleast not late to play middle and leg balls . Else reduce the difficulty to Hard just for spinners, works only for casual matches

grkrama

National Board President
Footwork is the key, once you get footwork right its kind of easy against spin.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Footwork is the key, once you get footwork right its kind of easy against spin.

Many thanks , another quick query , since the new patch on PS4 my playing experience has been really weird with batting , playing hardest , veteran ... I continued my career mode saved from earlier version ... In first class cricket my scoring rate is bonkers between 6 to 8 an over ( me + teammates ), quite unrealistic , I'm making lots of 50s and 100s - my player is 70 rated - then when I play 50 overs / T20 I can't get near the ball , literally can't make contact with it , top score of about 10 and the spinners are unplayable .. anybody else have this experience .. maybe I should start a new career to affect the changes in new patch .. or maybe I'm going mad and I'm just sh@t at the white ball version .... any help / advice is gratefully accepted :)

grkrama

National Board President
It is easier to bat in console version for tests mainly i feel would be due to less edges, which removes risk factor and you can have a go at every ball easily. The lack of edges is known and is being looked at.

In t20 and ODI the field is tougher as well as you try to go for big hits to keep the run rate and get out easily as slogs dont have good balance for LO in hardest in current console version.

If you are struggling with normal drives in t20 then im not sure whats happening there.

Last edited:

riteshagl

County Cricketer
It is easier to bat in console version for tests mainly i feel would be due to less edges, which removes risk factor and you can have a go at every ball easily. The lack of edges is known and is being looked at.

In t20 and ODI the field is tougher as well as you try to go for big hits to keep the run rate and get out easily as slogs dont have good balance for LO in hardest in current console version.

If you are struggling with normal drives in t20 then im not sure whats happening there.
Please tell me they are working on pre set fields for limited overs cricket. PLEASE

WizardOfOz

Club Cricketer

Great to know this is being looked at, as I had brought it up in a previous post :thumbs

I'm really confident you guys can find the right balance with all your efforts - thanks again.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England

Thanks for this , all good info , in T20 and 50 overs I don't bother to slog as I'm normally out before my confidence level is green !

I'm going to start a new career and see what happens , mainly to convince myself that I'm not awful at the white ball format :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread