Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.09), Xbox One (1.0.0.10) and Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

N Jones

Club Captain
This new patch has destroyed the batting. Even dropping the gaming mods you can't get the middle of the bat on the ball. Nickerama all round.

Also the 'mysterious' hook shot that you never played from pre-patch is still there. But this time you effing nick off to the keeper!! What a joke!

Please put the batting back to what is was before. Please.
Yes I'm currently nicking of a hell of a lot..in thought it was down to the grassy pitch. I can't believe there's been 2 patches so close to each other

N Jones

Club Captain
The pace bowling max and min speed in the gameplay mods doesn't seem to work anymore (PC/Steam).

It all thunders down at the same lighting speed with the quicks.

Some people like me like to go commando and don't use the aerial marker because in real cricket you don't know what that ball is doing until it comes out of the hand. Also I like to hit a 'ball' not a green or orange circle!

Slowing down the real quicks to 40/45 was perfect for me but now it don't work. Please can we have that back?
I also play without any markers so it's proper realistic. I do seem to be nicking off quite a bit now though

N Jones

Club Captain
I can't quantify what changes the patches have made to the game. What I can say is that I wasnt really enjoying playing the game when I got it nearly four months ago (mainly the batting aspect). Now after a couple of patches I'm enjoying playing the game......albeit rather badly......but spending time trying out slider permutations and difficulty levels. Trial and error.....but I like to see what sort of gameplay settings peeps on here are using.
Which sliders have you adjusted.?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So played one single 15 over game. I will say MUCH BETTER and in a POSITIVE RIGHT DIRECTION. Thank you @BigAntStudios as this patch makes the game much more better. If I criticize the game in its flaw, I will appreciate it when it becomes better. The over powered AI now plays on merit and it seemed good. I did not get the first ball over powered 6. The sixes and fours seemed more genuine with the shot power being realistic. The bowling and the deliveries I bowled had much more say then getting counted as random.

The fielders are dropping too many catches is something I observed. But based on one game I cannot make a statement about it. My batting was not limited and although I did struggle, I did get past 50 runs :p to previous two matches where I got all out for 50 odd runs. This match I lost was due to my own mistake. So I would say this patch makes the game a little more perfect and we are very close to a perfect limited over AI/Human tuning.

What I would like to be more tuned, I will mention after I play atleast couple of games. So well done and good patch this.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Batted a session and would say it’s very impressive.

Is it my imagination or is the graphical experience improved on PS4 now? Seems better quality.

Gameplay seems very good so far - AI bowling challengingly and setting good fields for the most part.

Niggle remains in terms of spinner bowling majority of deliveries as googly and it would be great if that’s resolved as it is quite an immersion breaker. Otherwise everything from that session is very positive.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I guess in general the game seems a lot harder than at launch. No bad thing at all.

It helps that I’ve not played in a while and hardly played at all in months... I guess when the last patch dropped I wasn’t mentally ready to relearn a game I’d been playing continually since launch. Now it seems more reasonable.

Getting my ass handed to me so probably drop down to veteran. Would say after bowling a bit AI still feels a touch aggressive in tests.

Ali.Naveed

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
can anyone talk about online game play also ? if you are playing with classic controller , with GOOD or OK timing mostly EDGE , why no one is complaining about this , i think everyone is playing with standard controller or either not playing online

patch is messed with footwork of classic controller , out of 10 wickets 5-6 caught on keeper or slips even with perfect timing , as feeling this perfect started same as when dbc 14 was released

Ali.Naveed

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Get Good. Or drop down to Medium, it's easy.
how to reduce difficulty for online players ? by shifting to PRO level ?

out of 10 , 6-7 edges while using classic controller , using standard controller game is fine , replying after spending alot of time and testing and playing game with friends everyone has same issue with online game play

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Common guys stop bitching about edges, post a single edge with 3 greens, you guys gonna ruin the perfect balance.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Common guys stop bitching about edges, post a single edge with 3 greens, you guys gonna ruin the perfect balance.

Yeah I hope Big Ant stick with this formula and don't give in to the guys who want hit every ball to go for 6 on Legend.

I love the challenge, the AI 4s and 6s don't feel completely scripted now. It's absolutely superb.

I think one issue I would like to see fixed is AI spinners ripping the ball both ways, which shouldn't be possible for everyone.[DOUBLEPOST=1528679136][/DOUBLEPOST]
the game is so good that there should be option to freeze or save this build somewhere, so future patch may not risk ruining it

Leg glance going to long on and wicket keeper direct hits are only bugs I face

I know.. I'm possibly going to disable updates. I implore big ant not to patch something again and lose this balance of gameplay. I can just imagine something coming out that disables edges or swing and we are back to square one.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Batted a session and would say it’s very impressive.

Is it my imagination or is the graphical experience improved on PS4 now? Seems better quality.

Gameplay seems very good so far - AI bowling challengingly and setting good fields for the most part.

Niggle remains in terms of spinner bowling majority of deliveries as googly and it would be great if that’s resolved as it is quite an immersion breaker. Otherwise everything from that session is very positive.
I did seem to think that the graphics seem improved as well.

charles04

Club Cricketer
Yeah I hope Big Ant stick with this formula and don't give in to the guys who want hit every ball to go for 6 on Legend.

I love the challenge, the AI 4s and 6s don't feel completely scripted now. It's absolutely superb.

I think one issue I would like to see fixed is AI spinners ripping the ball both ways, which shouldn't be possible for everyone.[DOUBLEPOST=1528679136][/DOUBLEPOST]

I know.. I'm possibly going to disable updates. I implore big ant not to patch something again and lose this balance of gameplay. I can just imagine something coming out that disables edges or swing and we are back to square one.

or they'll come up with something where even getting fours will become impossible like sixes atm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread