Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ah good stuff bois ....

Planning a very hungover weekend not watching the royal wedding but testing this out ...

Wealey

ICC Board Member
This is a general question but in relation to any future changes that could be looked into; do AI batsman ever miss-time shots? In general they only ever seem to get a knick or a full blooded shot, whether it's on the ground or aerial. Rarely it seems there's anything in between.

Only had a brief opportunity to play the latest update, it's nice to see the return of lofted shots behind square. Haven't noticed much difference in AI batting.

There are two shots (human ones) that I think could do with some tweaking. The prod shot is incredibly frustrating because I wouldn't want to play it but when it plays it and I'm looking to go lofted it loops up about 10 metres from the crease, even on good/ideal timing. It's a walking wicket. The other one of the back foot dab
01a5mWF.png
not sure if this screenshot makes it clear which one I'm talking about. That too goes nowhere. I don't know if them being overpowered is an issue so they've been nerfed but at the very least it would be nice if they are hit well that the risk of getting out is reduced (more so the prod) - perhaps them just firing into the ground.

I definitely think it appeared like they mistimed it when strength was lowered to 20ish...

It made it more obvious...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I definitely think it appeared like they mistimed it when strength was lowered to 20ish...

It made it more obvious...
It's definitely been most effective, if not since we've had these recent patches, to reduce the strength. With the teams I've been trying out I have them at 70 or 80. It seems enough for human six hitting, when the timing is right. I might try lowering them, to see what difference there is with the AI, to 50 or 60.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
This is a general question but in relation to any future changes that could be looked into; do AI batsman ever miss-time shots? In general they only ever seem to get a knick or a full blooded shot, whether it's on the ground or aerial. Rarely it seems there's anything in between.

Only had a brief opportunity to play the latest update, it's nice to see the return of lofted shots behind square. Haven't noticed much difference in AI batting.

There are two shots (human ones) that I think could do with some tweaking. The prod shot is incredibly frustrating because I wouldn't want to play it but when it plays it and I'm looking to go lofted it loops up about 10 metres from the crease, even on good/ideal timing. It's a walking wicket. The other one of the back foot dab
01a5mWF.png
not sure if this screenshot makes it clear which one I'm talking about. That too goes nowhere. I don't know if them being overpowered is an issue so they've been nerfed but at the very least it would be nice if they are hit well that the risk of getting out is reduced (more so the prod) - perhaps them just firing into the ground.

I feel like I've seen quite a few mishits.

And on the dab/prod shot I can barely ever even make connection when those animations play.

Mondy

Club Captain
Fantastic recent updates. My only issue that I’m still getting the wrong shot for input. It’s usually when I’m playing around my feet, so footwork to 3 o’clock but shot aimed to the on-side.

Otherwise, loving it.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Bowled a full innings against India. Not a hint of swing despite having it turned up to 100. Surprising given the conditions.

Just three run outs and one catch off the pad. Maybe if those weren't happening they might have scored more. The other dismissals were fine, edges and nice yorker. Sharma lobbed one up. Possibly to do with reducing strength for the players to between 60-70.

With the greatest respect to the Indian batsmen, it didn't feel like bowling to them on a green deck, overcast conditions at Edgbaston.
pFtjBEv.png
FgRshsb.png

gamu

Club Captain
Hi everyone,

We've been working with the beta team on some updates, and we're ready to show off some of the progress made so far.

There is a build available right now on PC that you can opt in to on steam and try this out to give feedback.

To opt-in, right click the game in steam and select properties. Then select the 'Betas' tab, and select 'preview', then click close. This will then download the update containing the fix for this issue. You may need to restart Steam before this option will show in the list.

Update notes for this preview build are as follows:

- Added reset academy options
- Added option to have a real bowler as well as bowling machine for nets/ground training
- Added HUD enable/disable option to settings menu
- Enabled more cameras in ground training mode
- Fixed issue with uniforms not displaying logos
- Tuned stamina/confidence
- Tuned fielding, including wicketkeeper reactions
- Tuned edges
- Tuned AI batting
- Tuned ducking
- Tuned batting timing windows
- Online: Custom logos will be maintained after resuming save
- Academy: Can add players to teams with incomplete lineups
- Commentary/Sound improvements
- Stability improvements

And more to come!

Note: As this is a pre-release preview, there may be incomplete things. As a precaution back up your save data prior to switching to this preview release.

Please report bugs about this build in this thread, to avoid confusion with the console version.

To pre-empt the obvious question - I can't give a timeframe on this patch coming to console, and would rather that console stuff is discussed in another thread.

Enjoy, and let me know your thoughts on this update below.

@MattW

Now logos are not loading on bats. please fix this.

Still there are some wrong batting animations.

And please unlock licensed teams and players. England new ODI and t20 kits have been released. If teams and players are non editable. We can not make and add new kits to the teams.

And please make DLS method properly.
Here DLS is like: If it is a 20 over game. then due to rain match reduced to a 16 over match and if it is 10 over match it is reduced to 8 overs always.
Over reductions are done depending on how much time have been wasted due to rain.
So please rectify this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 185125

Bowled a full innings against India. Not a hint of swing despite having it turned up to 100. Surprising given the conditions.

Just three run outs and one catch off the pad. Maybe if those weren't happening they might have scored more. The other dismissals were fine, edges and nice yorker. Sharma lobbed one up. Possibly to do with reducing strength for the players to between 60-70.

With the greatest respect to the Indian batsmen, it didn't feel like bowling to them on a green deck, overcast conditions at Edgbaston.
pFtjBEv.png
FgRshsb.png
The total score seems ok according to the pitch, but no swing at all is kinda sad:facepalm.
And please tell me they were normal runouts?

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has anyone checked how AI is chasing in odi and t20 ?

Users who are viewing this thread