PC Public Preview Update Now Available

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Go to your Documents folder, go to My Games, right click the Ashes folder and select Send To > Compressed folder. Then drag and drop the resulting file into the reply box here.

Or alternatively/additionally, record a video of you getting the problem.

Can you expand a bit on your main problems with them at this point?

From what I've got notes on, the biggest issues on my list are unrealistic acceleration towards the end of the innings, the scores being a bit too predictable, and the AI seemingly getting away with too many easy sixes. More T20 related are improving how super overs pan out, and as more a general point, AI dropped catches.

Those ones you listed are the only main ones I can think of. The end of innings slogging is the only time now where it really feels like they can just hit sixes no matter where you bowl it, sure there are some real players who can do this but it would be nice if there were a few more loose shots and chances when they're trying to go all out. Should probably be based on player ability and mentalities? Eg. a Jos Buttler can come in and cream sixes (and even he should still have an increased chance of getting out in the attempt) but a Joe Root probably shouldn't be playing like that.

Speaking of which, I have found (and I think I've seen @wasteyouryouth mention something like this too) that things go a little funky in the 26th over. I'm not sure if there is a recalculation of the run-rate at the half-way point or something but the 26th over will very often go for 18+ with a ton of boundaries. The reason I mention that now is that I've seen Joe Root start smashing sixes in the 26th over when he's even barely faced any deliveries, then the next over everything goes back to normal. At least from what I can see there is likely something going on there behind the scenes that might be worth looking into, currently it's immersion breaking especially with the timing being so predictable.

Only other thing is that while you did a great job getting some more variety in wickets, especially outfield catches, I still think it would be worth taking it a bit further. Basically whatever you did but more of it haha.

Appreciate the efforts and taking of feedback. :cheers

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
There is a new update now available - this should resolve issues mentioned with the AI setting off for a run/admiring their shot for too long.

Is this only for the AI Running between wickets ?

Because the Human and Online Running between the Wickets has various well known issues as well that needs attention .

• The Prolonged Pause before taking off after a Backfoot Shot
  • The exaggerated zig zag running after setting off sometimes
  • The "stuck in the mud" moments when cancelling the 2nd run onwards
  • Not sliding in the bat after completing a run
  • Randomly slowing down sometimes and lazily putting bat down whilst in the turning motion for a second run that is never there.
  • No way to return to the crease after moving out of the crease after certain shots is played.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW even keeper is too much strong beyond human capabilities. This issue is across formats. I hope this is already highlighted just one more time . Thanks a lot again for all the efforts and interests being taken to make the better.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
The latest update seems to have done something odd. The game won't recognise controller input on the start screen (i.e. press A to start) when running on a PC in Steam's Big Picture mode. As a result I can't actually start the game. I've tried restarting Steam but get the same result. Anyone else have this problem?

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Can you expand a bit on your main problems with them at this point?

From what I've got notes on, the biggest issues on my list are unrealistic acceleration towards the end of the innings, the scores being a bit too predictable, and the AI seemingly getting away with too many easy sixes. More T20 related are improving how super overs pan out, and as more a general point, AI dropped catches.

Some of the point of improvement in ODI

1 - AI Not Taking easy singles , not trying to convert 1 to 2 at High RRR time or late overs , also no quick runs in inner circle , No Diving runs from AI . depends on 4s and 6s for acceleration
2 - No Variation of shots AI shots , Very Less sweep , Very Very less Reverse sweep , No Advance shots , lack of precision shots .
3 - There is no smart field change from AI this in both ODI and T20 .

Below videos of no runs

balkeet

International Coach
I am finding AI realistic, and variable
Last t20 I gave away only 13 runs in last 3 overs by bowling to my fielding plan and mixing 6 deliveries of over, AI finished at 158,
I finished at 129
If I don't bowl tight AI goes for 190-200

D

Deleted member 185125

I am finding AI realistic, and variable
Last t20 I gave away only 13 runs in last 3 overs by bowling to my fielding plan and mixing 6 deliveries of over, AI finished at 158,
I finished at 129
If I don't bowl tight AI goes for 190-200
How did you skill the all rounders?

balkeet

International Coach
How did you skill the all rounders?
I don't touch anyone's fielding or bowling skills or overall skills only the batting skills of top 7 in lineup 60-70 like judgment, drive, defense, cut, sweep etc
If u will reduce overall skills it will mess up fielding and bowling skills

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Also Look into the field setting by AI in T20 at 8.4 overs

upload_2018-5-23_0-6-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-23_0-5-38.png
    upload_2018-5-23_0-5-38.png
    728.6 KB · Views: 1

chaman82

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Playing on console,would like the seam bowlers bowling change of pace slower balls inT20 and odi format more often when the human batsman are set.
Change in pace of around 25 to 30kmph is possible and ai should also use this.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Good to see you around again Dave! Hope all is well?

yes mate thanks, all good, just busy! not had much time to play or browse here, so when you drop in after a few days there's been so many posts you lose track quickly.

balkeet

International Coach
lol I struggle to time their normal delivery so cant even ask for slower deliveries

Users who are viewing this thread