PC Public Preview Update Now Available

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I am thankful to all those beta testers who test the game out on a daily basis. But I just have the following issues which I don't know whether they ran into or not and they are frustrating enough to drive me out of the game. We know cricket is a heavily momentum based game and I mostly play tests, So I'd like to mention these issues :

1. The ball is going through the bat even when everything is displayed as 'good' in the HUD and it is visible in replays too. And today I ran into this issue for the second time and it was given as LBW with the ball going through the bat. This issue is not game breaking if its not given as a LBW but if it was, it just breaks the momentum and gets me frustrated enough to leave me all out in a snap.

2. Running.. Everything about running(atleast in online) for the most part is lacking belief. I am always worried about when my batsman is gonna belly-dance around his crease and get stumped or again dance around the crease after completing a run and of course he won't run back after cancelling a run.

3. This issue was unique and it has started happening after the second last patch(the one before yesterday's). In online matches the kits,logos(only some are visible),bat logos are all generic and only the faces of players seems to be in place.

Again, Thanks for patching this game on a regular basis!
1.) Its got to do with physics and graphical representation clash, known issue but its something to do with the engine, we just have to get on with it, its frustrating yes but I just restart over...

2.)Have reported regarding this as well, me and @grkrama played co-op yesterday where we faced this as well..

3.)We didnt come across this issue though..

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
i5 2450m, 540m 1 gb GPU, 8gb RAM
I play with Integrated Graphics and I have same issue as well.. The weird thing about that is you dont get that half face issue on all types of players its selective set of faces only.. I have 2 career on , one myself where the half face issue is there another one women's career where the issue isnt there...

balkeet

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The minimum requirement is a 2GB graphics card - I can't guarantee functionality or visuals on cards not meeting that.
No big issue, but everything was perfect before preview updates, also bats logos are gone like mrf etc.

balkeet

International Coach
the current preview update has made the AI too nerfed, they are unable to hit six, gave too many edges
human batting is good but six hitting can be nerfed like AI, no human edges on green pitch while AI top 7 edged
Wicketkeeper direct hits probability is 100%

Attachments

• ashes 2018-05-29 18-47-26-57.jpg
    ashes 2018-05-29 18-47-26-57.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 17
  • ashes 2018-05-29 18-48-02-93.jpg
    ashes 2018-05-29 18-48-02-93.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 16
  • ashes 2018-05-29 18-48-12-20.jpg
    ashes 2018-05-29 18-48-12-20.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
the current preview update has made the AI too nerfed, they are unable to hit six, gave too many edges
human batting is good but six hitting can be nerfed like AI, no human edges on green pitch while AI top 7 edged
Wicketkeeper direct hits probability is 100%

How many matches have you played? I don't think one is enough to judge. I've only played 2 so far and each innings was different.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
How many matches have you played? I don't think one is enough to judge. I've only played 2 so far and each innings was different.

Have you noticed T20 Last over AI hitting , Once in 19 and 20 overs They starts playing as test and again Afghanistan plays same way see the 20th over on Legend

upload_2018-5-29_19-17-35.png

balkeet

International Coach
Batsman still taking pause before turning leading to run out

Turned batting to hard and found the balance, but still no edges while driving pacers on green pitch, maybe 90s batting skills stopping that
The AI shot power is best right now, six hitting is reduced, most lofted shots go for one bounce four
Lag glance is going to long on
The frustrated batsman animation after clean bowled is so spontaneous and natural

Last edited:

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Human Edges definitely on the lower side atleast in T20s, wish they could link them to feet position that is if it's OK then they will edge it. And sometimes edges on Good too.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I played 2 games after the current preview build one test match and one 50 over game. I played veteran hard difficulty . Well my experience is AI bowling in variable lengths and unnecessary wides are definitely not seen. Human batting has also been greatly improved with timing played major role. When I mistimed then edged to keeper and other mistimed balls going in the air , it's beautiful and realistic. However some lofted shots are still overpowered.
Weather needs to be tuned as i played in overcast and grassy but the shadows are deep and sun is bright .AI is still batting aggressivily in ODIs as most number of lofted shots and sixes. Human edges are very realistic. If you don't want to edge then you need to have good timing and footwork.
I will play few games in my free time then will give complete feedback.

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Latest build tested for few hours again (ODI, T20) @MattW .

First of all, great job as usual.

Fixes
1) The edges are definitely improved now.
2) Those dropped catches are amazing. My batsmen got dropped at a critical time and I won the game :) (Amazing job Bigant)
3) The lines bowled by AI bowlers are definitely improved. As mentioned above, not a lot of wides. I see them bowling on off stump based on the field that was assigned.

Issues
1) Commentary issue is still there. Every time the commentator goes "Did not time the ball in middle of the bat". Please fix that
2) The animation for straight drive is still the same. (Looks like a cover drive but ball goes straight)
3) Scoop shot animation/power issues
4) Upper square cut animation looks weird. Can we add the late upper cut or something please?
5) Can we have top edges from a pull/hook/cut go for six. Haven't seen that happen yet.
6) The flick shot is going for bat pad (even on Ideal/Good timing) on many occasions. Please fix that.
7) The on side drive is a bit low on power. I personally felt that. Would like to see more people comment on that.

Major Pending items (No updates from Big ant on that)
1) Batsmen turning back issue (going on from a long long time). Batsman is still taking time when a run is canceled on many occasions.
2) Batsmen still walks out of his crease when a ball is left
3) Commentary issues
a) When I hit a back foot pull, on few occasions the commentator goes "A back foot square cut"
b) When a new commentator is introduced, all they say is "hello, good morning" and go quiet. (They should talk a bit about the game)

This one could be an enhancement
c) Commentators must have some sort of discussions (game analysis, previous games, generic chat, cricket/non cricket related conversations) etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread