PC Version Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Lol yeah, Fegan would have been " s**t, where's the rest of the budget? Oh it's spent? Oh well, they've been gagging for a cricket game for years, just release it as is, probably won't even notice these couple of bugs"!!! :)

Apologies for going off topic!

jaraarrow

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Steam id-Jesususedak47
Mode-online
Game-10 overs
Fault-whenever I move to legside with batsmen to hit ball on offside my controller doesn't respond and I end up being bowled or lbw.
Also clean bowled opposition batsman out and play just continued without batsman being given out.
Ps version 1.08.
Can someone from big ant please reply to these faults.
Thanks guys

Alberts

International Coach
So Ashes 13 actually had better commentary and more detailed scorecards!

( Logs out before everyone gets all defensive....)

It was also advertised quite a bit and to be honest, the field editor didn't actually look too bad.

There was something hiding in that catastrophic mess.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yeah I think they spent the whole money on that itself...:p ;)

That & the remaining money that was supposed to go to QA for testing AC13 should have been spent for the red carpet which they had for AC13 umpires. Pride moment for those umpires, eh? Oh well, beauty of that game is - we still discuss about it now & then like a benchmark!

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Mode: Online
Match Type: test
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): All
Ground: Not sure but has happened in many others
Teams: Eng V Aus 2005 teams
Get Best: No
Description of Issue: Sometimes during online when bowling it switches you from one side to the other without you wanting too & if you bowl your bowler runs off at a weird angle and then slides across instantly & appears the other side of the stumps where the non striker is and bowls the delivery. (This is what you see when you're the batting team, The bowler sees the usual run up and bowl) I'm not sure what happens but has happened every time the switch is involuntary if you don't switch sides or field before bowling. I don't know what causes the switch as its happend after being hit for four & after a dot ball... So no clue as the to cause but it happens say 4-5 times a session in a test.

Sorry for the long essay just didn't know how to quite explain it. dale0404 on here knows it too as he's the one i play online and has experienced it too.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lol yeah, Fegan would have been " s**t, where's the rest of the budget? Oh it's spent? Oh well, they've been gagging for a cricket game for years, just release it as is, probably won't even notice these couple of bugs"!!! :)

Apologies for going off topic!

Agreed on the commentary and I put that out there months before the game went live. We will do better next time.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Agreed on the commentary and I put that out there months before the game went live. We will do better next time.

gonna repeat this for the 5th or so time, but honestly my number 1 tip for commentary is this - don't have them speak every ball. TV commentators don't announce every dot ball etc. like a radio commentator.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
gonna repeat this for the 5th or so time, but honestly my number 1 tip for commentary is this - don't have them speak every ball. TV commentators don't announce every dot ball etc. like a radio commentator.

The really IMPORTANT bit that's missing is telling the player who is leading, what the par score is, what the pitch/weather is likely to do next, the weaknesses/strengths of the batsman/bowler are...

Stuff that actually matters to gameplay. Not almighty tweaks or nurse-calling. :)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
As far as commentary is concerned "Less is more" should be the motto and as Chief has mentioned commentary should be more about telling users what they should be doing, i.e. "they need to get the run rate up a bit" or "they need to score 6 runs this over to get ahead on D/L as there's rain in the air" and so on so forth.

No point in being captain obvious stating things we already know, i.e., "he has hit it beautifully for a 4". Maybe a few anecdotes a la AC09 would be good as well.

pedro

School Cricketer
Slow PC - when I don't think it should be

Hi all,

First off, I apologise if I am posting in the wrong place. If that's the case, please just let me know where to post and I'll go there.

My problem is that I can't get DB14 running at 60fps while actually playing a match (can get menus and nets at 60fps, but nets only if I have resolution down to 800x600 and everything turned down low).

I've run Game booster (which I found was suggested elsewhere in these forums by people who were experiencing input lag, which I am). Gamebooster's FPS overlay is how I'm determining FPS.

Just wondering if someone with some PC gaming experience could help me out here a bit. Usually a console gamer, and DB14 is actually my first Steam purchase, and the game is clearly bloody amazing, so the lag I'm experiencing is a bit frustrating.

Not sure what details I should be supplying, but I did a google and 'systeminfo' into a cmd window seems to provide some details.

Please let me know if there are particular details I should provide, and once again apologies for the lack of knowledge. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• systeminfo.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 9

pedro

School Cricketer
Hi all,

First off, I apologise if I am posting in the wrong place. If that's the case, please just let me know where to post and I'll go there.

My problem is that I can't get DB14 running at 60fps while actually playing a match (can get menus and nets at 60fps, but nets only if I have resolution down to 800x600 and everything turned down low).

I've run Game booster (which I found was suggested elsewhere in these forums by people who were experiencing input lag, which I am). Gamebooster's FPS overlay is how I'm determining FPS.

Just wondering if someone with some PC gaming experience could help me out here a bit. Usually a console gamer, and DB14 is actually my first Steam purchase, and the game is clearly bloody amazing, so the lag I'm experiencing is a bit frustrating.

Not sure what details I should be supplying, but I did a google and 'systeminfo' into a cmd window seems to provide some details.

Please let me know if there are particular details I should provide, and once again apologies for the lack of knowledge. Any help is appreciated.

In fact, I've disabled v-sync in my graphics settings, as well as the game, and in the menus I see really high FPS counts (as expected), but as soon as I get into a match (or match practice), it sits at about 45 FPS.

legedmaster

School Cricketer
apologies if this is the not right place/format for posting issues...
for some reason the game crashes randomly to desktop(just got it a few hrs ago), I have win 7 64 bit. I have verified the integrity of the local files within steam and now also uninstalled the Demo in case that was colliding with the full game. going to restart pc and then resintall again to see if it helps but posting in case folks have already experienced the same , my steam id 76561198029070632. Thanks

logout20

Club Cricketer
apologies if this is the not right place/format for posting issues...
for some reason the game crashes randomly to desktop(just got it a few hrs ago), I have win 7 64 bit. I have verified the integrity of the local files within steam and now also uninstalled the Demo in case that was colliding with the full game. going to restart pc and then resintall again to see if it helps but posting in case folks have already experienced the same , my steam id 76561198029070632. Thanks

your steam id ??

Users who are viewing this thread