Player Editor(In-Game)

Q)Which editor do you like more?

• Total voters

kymsheba

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi Tutsi & Eddie,

was using the player editor (by the way works fine for me kesash1983 so not sure what is happening with your copy maybe try downloading a fresh copy of Player Editor or do a reinstall of cricket 2005 that might fix problem) and was adjusting some values and was wondering do any of you two or others know what the following attributes do...

Bowling Attributes:
Accuracy
= i presume how accurate bowler bowls delivery, what would be a good value to use for bowlers?

Discipline = what does this value do and what would be a good value to use????

Batting Attributes:
Skill
= what does this value do and what would be a good value to use????

Concentration = what does this value do and what would be a good value to use????

Resilience = what does this value do and what would be a good value to use????

any help would be greatly appreciated guys!!! :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise

sid_19840

International Coach
kesash1983 said:
i have followed the instructions carefully loads of times but it still wont work. When i save my players i cant find them in created players no matter what i do. help please

A couple of things you should keep in mind.

1)Make sure that the player that you want to edit is selected,when you click on any of the 4 buttons that are in the editor.

2)Make sure that the same roster that you are editing is loading when you start the game.

&To Eddie-Good to see that the editor is being put to good use,I hope that you are able to make a good roster out of it,which will improve the AI further.

kymsheba said:
Hi Tutsi & Eddie,

was using the player editor (by the way works fine for me kesash1983 so not sure what is happening with your copy maybe try downloading a fresh copy of Player Editor or do a reinstall of cricket 2005 that might fix problem) and was adjusting some values and was wondering do any of you two or others know what the following attributes do...

Bowling Attributes:
Accuracy
= i presume how accurate bowler bowls delivery, what would be a good value to use for bowlers?

Batting Attributes:
Skill
= what does this value do and what would be a good value to use????

Concentration = what does this value do and what would be a good value to use????

any help would be greatly appreciated guys!!! :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise

It's basically up to you,we dont want every roster to be similar,so Id suggest that you make a different one from Eddie's.

My suggestion would be to reduce the bowling attributes such as accuracy and discipline to try getting the bowler to pitch in different areas.

In fact you can even make multiple roster's(if you have time),according to style's(easy,challening etc),and vary these values accordingly.

TIP-Here's a small tip on how to use the editor more efficiently and quickly.Have a look at the number's on top for each player,all those player's having the same number(eg-8) can be saved and loaded using a single copy.So simply save a player with the number(eg-eight.plr) and then edit as many player's as you want of that value at the same time in-game.After finishing all the editing,simply load that single .plr file for all these player's.Hope this helped.

kymsheba

Club Cricketer
sid_19840 said:
A couple of things you should keep in mind.

1)Make sure that the player that you want to edit is selected,when you click on any of the 4 buttons that are in the editor.

2)Make sure that the same roster that you are editing is loading when you start the game.

&To Eddie-Good to see that the editor is being put to good use,I hope that you are able to make a good roster out of it,which will improve the AI further.

It's basically up to you,we dont want every roster to be similar,so Id suggest that you make a different one from Eddie's.

My suggestion would be to reduce the bowling attributes such as accuracy and discipline to try getting the bowler to pitch in different areas.

In fact you can even make multiple roster's(if you have time),according to style's(easy,challening etc),and vary these values accordingly.

TIP-Here's a small tip on how to use the editor more efficiently and quickly.Have a look at the number's on top for each player,all those player's having the same number(eg-8) can be saved and loaded using a single copy.So simply save a player with the number(eg-eight.plr) and then edit as many player's as you want of that value at the same time in-game.After finishing all the editing,simply load that single .plr file for all these player's.Hope this helped.
Thx sid_19840,

I will try your suggestions and keep up the good work guys.

avk2love

Club Cricketer
kesash1983 said:
i have followed the instructions carefully loads of times but it still wont work. When i save my players i cant find them in created players no matter what i do. help please
after saving in the editor , u have to reload the the roster in the game and then u will find it the created player list.......................

Justin Langer

School Cricketer
sid_19840 said:
No,this editor cannot put custom faces for created player's,this just allows you to edit any player in-game.

Is there away of putting urself into the game though

Octavius

Club Cricketer
Eddie said:
Well the first part was research (courtesy of Cricinfo), I checked every players' batting and bowling style (many had wrong bowling type).

Then i started up-dating the player in game. So far Edited England and Australia.

i think if you look at the current points on the test and odi tables that will give you an idea of the relative strengths of the teams overall.

here is a current new zealand roster, i include two or three fringe players who may feature in the near future as well.

Stephen Fleming (C) (left moderate opener) , no bowling
Nathan Astle* (right aggressive middle order) , moderate right arm medium
Shane Bond (right aggressive tail ender) , aggressive right arm fast
Chris Cairns (right aggressive middle order) , aggressive right arm medium-fast
Jacob Oram (right aggressive middle order) . moderate right arm medium-fast
Brendan McCullum (right aggressive lower order) , wicketkeeper
Daniel Vettori (VC) (left moderate lower order) , aggressive slow left arm
Scott Styris (right aggressive middle order), moderate right arm medium
Lou Vincent (right aggressive opener), no bowling
Kyle Mills (right moderate lower order), moderate right arm medium-fast
Hamish Marshall (right defensive middle order) , no bowling
Chris Martin (right defensive tailender) , moderate right medium-fast
Matthew Sinclair (right moderate opener) , no bowling
Darryl Tuffey (right moderate tailender), moderate right arm medium-fast
Peter Fulton (right moderate middle order) , no bowling
Jamie How, (right moderate opener) , no bowling
James Franklin (left moderate lower order) , moderate left arm medium-fast
James Marshall (right defensive opener) , no bowling
Andre Adams (right moderate lower order) , moderate right arm medium-fast
Jeetan Patel (right defensive tailender) , right arm offspin

* Astle and McMillan were both dropped from the ODI squad, however Astle was recalled today for Fleming who is unfit. Astle may still make the test side, McMillan will be gone from both. Sinclair and Tuffey are not in the squad, but are in NZ A and a lot of people like them in their team.

James MArshall and Jeetan Patel are fringe players who come and go. Franklin and Martin jockey for a bowling spot. Bond and Mills are NZs premier bowlers and i expect Mills to play in the West Indies tests in march.

hope this info helps save you some time, if you would like suggested stats just let me know in this thread :D

cheers

here is suggested stats (you could adjust around the basic batting skills to suit)

1. Fleming (C) 87 (form slump from 90)
2. Vincent 87
3. Astle 86 (current form is down from 90) bowling 80
4. Marshall HJH 84 (wouldnt have in my team, major form slump from 88)
5. Styris 88 bowling 82
6. Fulton 86 (relative unknown but has strong domestic form- replaces McMillan)
7. Oram 86 bowling 85
8. Cairns 84 bowling 85 (potential for 88 and 88 when at best)
9. McCullum 83
10. Vettori 79 bowling 92 (ranked 5th on ICC bowlers table)
11. Bond 65 bowling 90 (bowls at 150+ form could move up to 92+)
12. Mills 70 bowling 88 inproved leaps and bounds this season
13. Martin 35 bowling 86
14. Franklin 65 bowling 86
15. How 85 unknown ... solid first class form
16. Adams 72 bowling 84
17. Sinclair 86
18. Tuffey 60 bowling 85 (90 at his best)
19. Marshall J 84
20. Patel 45 bowling 80

feilding values are around 88 NZ are a good fielding side in general
batting is around 86-87
bowling around 84-86

overall 86 is a fair reflection the allround ability of many of the players which makes for a fairly strong ODI team

only vettori and bond stand out at the moment with form slumps from Astle and fleming, but they should bounce back.

anyway hope all this info helps for an up to date NZ roster.

Last edited:

Eddie

International Cricketer
Hi Tutsi & Eddie,

Bowling Attributes:
Accuracy = i presume how accurate bowler bowls delivery, what would be a good value to use for bowlers?

Batting Attributes:
Skill = what does this value do and what would be a good value to use????

Bowling Attributes:

Accuracy : I take value to be the percentage a bowler can bowl the ball when he is aiming

Discipline : How likely a bowler is to loose his line and length, and bowl a short wide ball or a leg-stump half-volley. The lower the value the more likely a bowler is to bowl a "bad" ball.

Batting Attributes:

Skill = A combination of Technique and natural ability.

Concentration = How likely a batsmen is to loose his concentration and do "something daft". Someone with poor concentration is less likely to bat for a long innings.

Resilience : Again I think this is like determination or the resolve of the batsman. The ability to bat on thru a bad spell or against good bowling. (maybe less affected by playing and missing or being hit by the ball?)

@Tutsi :--> You may as well release you patch, refining the player abilities is taking longer than I thought it would. Getting balance within Teams and with comparison to other player in other Teams is prooving challenging.

Eddie

kymsheba

Club Cricketer
Eddie said:
Bowling Attributes:

Accuracy : I take value to be the percentage a bowler can bowl the ball when he is aiming

Discipline : How likely a bowler is to loose his line and length, and bowl a short wide ball or a leg-stump half-volley. The lower the value the more likely a bowler is to bowl a "bad" ball.

Batting Attributes:

Skill = A combination of Technique and natural ability.

Concentration = How likely a batsmen is to loose his concentration and do "something daft". Someone with poor concentration is less likely to bat for a long innings.

Resilience : Again I think this is like determination or the resolve of the batsman. The ability to bat on thru a bad spell or against good bowling. (maybe less affected by playing and missing or being hit by the ball?)

@Tutsi :--> You may as well release you patch, refining the player abilities is taking longer than I thought it would. Getting balance within Teams and with comparison to other player in other Teams is prooving challenging.

Eddie
Thankyou very much Eddie,

That cleared up a lot of the questions i had with those values. :)

On the other point about getting a good balance between the teams, i did some editing using this great utility and managed to get a very good balance between the teams Australia, India, New Zealand, South Africa & England.

What i done was to reduce the Accuracy & Discipline of the Australian bowlers only by 6 points in each of those 2 areas and this ended up reducing Australia's overall rating from 89 to 87.

I then did some test match series on autoplay to test out the balance of the results, and whereas before editing Australia always won the series easily now it is very close between those teams.

RESULTS ACHIEVED:
HOME SERIES (5 tests)

Aus vs Eng = 3 - 1 (3 tests decided by 1-3 wickets by team batting 2nd & 1 draw)
Aus vs Ind = 3 - 2
Aus vs NZ = 5 - 0 (2 tests NZ lost by 3 & 57 runs)
Aus vs SA = 3 - 2 (1 test decided by 1 run, 2 tests decided by 45 & 87 runs)

AWAY SERIES (5 tests)

Aus vs Eng = 1 - 4 (1 test decided by 1 wicket, 2 tests decided by 23 & 45 runs)
Aus vs Ind = 2 - 3 (4 tests decided by 1 - 4 wickets)
Aus vs NZ = 2 - 1 (2 draws, 1 test decided by 13 runs)
Aus vs SA = 3 - 2 (5 tests decided by between 12 - 57 runs)

I then repeated experiments again and got similar results all close series and every now and then a comfortable series win.

So just by changing Australia's bowlers Accuracy & Disicpline by dropping them by 6 points each it seems to have evened up the teams to a point where it is competitive and results go down to form of bowlers and batters and conditions instead of just Australia winning everytime.

Hope some points from here will be useful to other people.

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm going to add batting and bowling abilities into my editor as I've written most the code already which should make it much easier to change these.

sinkwood

Club Cricketer
tell me one thing how to change player values score averare every thing is ok tell me how to change player level lines yellow and red lines

Users who are viewing this thread