Post Your Questions About the Game here - Please Read Opening Post

Brentismaximas

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I cant seem to play a back foot cut shot to short ball just glides to slip,,, really struggling to hit sixers even when playing as all time greats against ******s any help appreciated

Watch for the turn of the ball. I generally hook the ones with little to no deviation. Make sure you're on a pitch that gets good bounce.
Get the timing right. Practice on lower difficulty first, until you have it mastered.

I used to get caught out a lot playing the wrong shots. Until I started watching and judging each ball on it's merits. All of a sudden I'm getting bigger scores and more boundaries. I absolutely don't hook a ball that has a lot of swing away from me now. I have more patience now. It helped lots.

Brentismaximas

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Can you play with the Ireland team in Career mode?

No you can't unfortunately. I don't know why but you can choose your race, but you can't choose your nationality.
So you can only play for the country you choose to play your domestic cricket in.
The choices are Australia, Bangladesh, England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanks, West Indies and Zimbabwi. The Test Cricket playing nations.
I think it makes more sense to choose your nationality, and then work your way up to represent your country at the World Cup etc but yea. Then they would need club teams for every country.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No you can't unfortunately. I don't know why but you can choose your race, but you can't choose your nationality.
So you can only play for the country you choose to play your domestic cricket in.
The choices are Australia, Bangladesh, England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanks, West Indies and Zimbabwi. The Test Cricket playing nations.
I think it makes more sense to choose your nationality, and then work your way up to represent your country at the World Cup etc but yea. Then they would need club teams for every country.
How about if you start your career as an existing player from your country, which doesn't have a domestic team?

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's a shame. Would be cool to ply your trade for a premier side when you get good enough, and then go off to play for your underdog country in the World Cup.
It would have been awesome if you could have played as Ireland/The Netherlands in the English County Cup and additionally play the world cup qualifiers or championship! Well, that could be a feature in the next iteration!

gunit123

County Cricketer
Can you sim part of an online co-op match? Playing a test match and prefer batting.

Karachi

Associate Captain
Is anyone else getting distorted shadows of the flight light on the ground, especially during night matches? They appear as stripes, square & rectangle spots on the ground. First I thought this was the case with custom stadiums but today I saw them on default ones as well.

Bigtez662

School Cricketer
I am playing career mode and for some reason in any international game there is no stats for any player (they are all apparently making their debut) and my stats are my first class stats. Anyone else getting this?

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I am playing career mode and for some reason in any international game there is no stats for any player (they are all apparently making their debut) and my stats are my first class stats. Anyone else getting this?
Everyone has this problem. It's already mentioned in the bug list. It is being worked by bigantstudios to correct it in the future patch.[DOUBLEPOST=1484577357][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can you sim part of an online co-op match? Playing a test match and prefer batting.
I don't think online matches can be simulate. Do u see any option to simulate in the menu while playing online co-op ?

gunit123

County Cricketer
I don't think online matches can be simulate. Do u see any option to simulate in the menu while playing online co-op ?

Unfortunately, there is not. This would add so much depth to the online co-op experience for many reasons:

- In tests, you can experience Day 3 onwards. Very rare that anyone has the time to commit to playing a full-blown test game.
- You have the opportunity to experience chasing on a Day 4/5 pitch or aim to get those final few wickets in the last session.
- If you prefer batting as a pair online, you can do so without having to create a new game and just start the 2nd innings whenever you require.

I think @grkrama also wanted something like this if i'm not mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread