Post your questions about the game here!

danny_Fc

Club Cricketer
Just read in another thread someone mention that the R2 defensive block is analog, in that it's sensitive to how hard you press the trigger.

Is this true? At the moment I'm unable to prod/push singles into gaps. Either my shot connects and reaches the boundary, or with R2 the batsmen kills the ball dead. Ocassionally I'll get 2s/3s if a shot is mistimed, but it seems impossible to intentionally play a safe single.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Just read in another thread someone mention that the R2 defensive block is analog, in that it's sensitive to how hard you press the trigger.

Is this true? At the moment I'm unable to prod/push singles into gaps. Either my shot connects and reaches the boundary, or with R2 the batsmen kills the ball dead. Ocassionally I'll get 2s/3s if a shot is mistimed, but it seems impossible to intentionally play a safe single.

There seems to be a lot of variance with controllers, as I have noticed an effect with my 360 pad but a lot of people on PS3 aren't noticing a difference. I'm guessing controller wear and tear may be a factor too.

convertorboy

Club Cricketer
I'm asking again, if anyone knows please answer, if it doesn't exist, let me know so it'll stop eating at my brain. How does one take the batting powerplay when playing a 50 over match???
*Nevermind, I found the answer literally in the last paragraph of the manual.

Last edited:

bailey

School Cricketer
How do you change kits for international and domestic teams i have downloaded them but cant change the files i'm having a serious problem with this any help would be appreciated

danny_Fc

Club Cricketer
There seems to be a lot of variance with controllers, as I have noticed an effect with my 360 pad but a lot of people on PS3 aren't noticing a difference. I'm guessing controller wear and tear may be a factor too.

I'm also using a 360 pad. Tried using varying degrees of trigger press but there was no discernible difference. It's either a block or a normal shot with follow-through. I'm inclined to believe this isn't implemented in the game, otherwise the developers would specify it's inclusion. Nice idea though.

An easier fix would be for normal shots to simply travel less, only reaching the boundary when it's a perfect connection.

Ideally:

-R2 for block.
-RS for standard push for singles and 2s. 3s if well placed, boundary if perfectly timed but rare.
-R2+L2 for an aggressive ground shot. More chance of mistiming, but greater chance of hitting a boundary.
-L2 for lofted.

At the moment the strike-rate is far too high simply because a shot that can reach the boundary is just as safe as a block.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I'm inclined to believe this isn't implemented in the game, otherwise the developers would specify it's inclusion.

The thing is though, they have specified its inclusion!

upload_2014-9-7_17-47-8.png

Page 19 in the manual.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
You need to be extremely light on the press, try pressing the trigger at the very front of it, it's easier to get the light touch needed that way.

But like just about all the trigger shots, I find it takes too much premeditation to play any of those kind of shots so just never bother.

bahnzo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You need to be extremely light on the press, try pressing the trigger at the very front of it, it's easier to get the light touch needed that way.

I'll have to try that because I too have had zero luck with trying to vary defensive shots. I think a better implimentation would have been to use the stick's range of motion. So a slight movement of the stick is more defensive of a shot while a full push is a swing.

ellgieff

Club Captain
I'll have to try that because I too have had zero luck with trying to vary defensive shots. I think a better implimentation would have been to use the stick's range of motion. So a slight movement of the stick is more defensive of a shot while a full push is a swing.
Range of motion is likely to give a similar user experience to the pressure in the trigger - many people finding it difficult to control.

I'd prefer velocity of the RS. That way if I want to belt it I belt the stick - if I want to push, I move the stick gently.

I'm not a UI coder though, so I don't know how tricky this would be to do right.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Range of motion is likely to give a similar user experience to the pressure in the trigger - many people finding it difficult to control.

I'd prefer velocity of the RS. That way if I want to belt it I belt the stick - if I want to push, I move the stick gently.

I'm not a UI coder though, so I don't know how tricky this would be to do right.

I would like this too :thumbs

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors

Tiger Woods Golf has used this system for years, even back in early 2000 it was very responsive.

autocrat

School Cricketer
I find the triggers on the PS3 controller to be a bit of a joke both in placement and feel. In fact I find that compared to the 360 controller, the PS3 one is fairly crap - the asymmetrical analog stick placement on the 360 is pure genius.

Some questions:

1. Is there a way to not be captain once it's offered?

2. Does anyone else enjoy the ballet performed by some fielders in the deep where they run miles past the line of a ball and then jig back to where it's really going. Some things, even though just plain wrong, should never be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread