Request Or Suggestions for Future Patches / Big Ant Gaming Series

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Very neat! But again I imagine a developer with a lot more recourses and financial clout than say BA.....although I think a lot more could be done in this regard without having to cost and arm and a leg?
That's fair enough. Although money is just one resource. There's also time, and it just seems as though not a lot of time went into this. That is a complete inference, and I apologize if I'm wrong. That's just my impression. Especially since Ashes was released not that long after DBC 17 and had no real improvements, as far as gameplay is concerned. Things like tutorials and minor details would be fantastic, don't get me wrong. But at this point, I'm just hoping that batting, bowling and fielding are patched up. I mean it's quite absurd to not get wickets through edges to slip or keeper with any real consistency in a cricket game. It's like they googled cricket and made a game. Sorry if that's harsh. I'm at a point where I don't even expect things like this, i.e. Madden-esque here. Just a game where the essentials are not broken. I don't think money should have anything to do with that.

kulch

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
When BA patch a game they don't even update the loading screens tip sheet. Thats about as close as u get to a tutorial lately and after a few patches its wrong. This was the case in RLL4, DBC17 and RLL3.

andrew36

School Cricketer
Pitch wear needs to be improve and have more impact on the match
Fix unorthodox shots like scoop or ramp, sweeps,switch hit and helicopter shot they were good in the first patch now there difficult to play or shots go wrong spot
Late cut and dab shot to third man need to be added
Sixes need to be harder to hit
Catching needs to be way it was in the first patch realistic catches
Could get out every way before now it's hard to do that
Academy needs to add more features like more skin tones, facial features like wrinkles or age players,more hairstyles and beards
Add more different types of gloves, fielding skins and change colour of gloves and pads for each player
Different types of outfields
Realistic edges that come off the bat not through the bat
Fix the DRS hot-spot so you can see if there is a spot
More Drs request eg small edges or low catches that are close to the ground
Fix the advancing it was good before now it's weared
Add advancing to defend the ball
Yorkers need to get better so there hard to hit same with bouncers
Too many wides in the game

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
What do people think of the idea of making a Poll for what changes we would like to see implemented in the future?

Like many I do love the game but would like to see a few tweaks to it. However I do seem to see about 5 new requests a day. It might be worth setting up a poll for everyone on here so we can highlight which issues are the most important for the majority.

Now I understand that firstly the beta team have already given BA feedback which they may/may not have listened to however I just feel that maybe we should be as clear as possible just in case anyone is still keeping track of the forum.

(also would be interesting to know which changes we all see as priority)

Thieves

Club Captain
Guys I have this genius idea... I need bigant to hear me out. I think it would be great if the sound of the ball hitting the bat could be heard on the speaker of the ps4 controller.

I have seen some games (such as the batman arkham knight game) make use of these speakers on the controller.

Imagine hearing that sweet sound of willow and the ball also on the controller. Really will help to immerse one into the game. What do you guys think?

D

Deleted member 185125

Guys I have this genius idea... I need bigant to hear me out. I think it would be great if the sound of the ball hitting the bat could be heard on the speaker of the ps4 controller.

I have seen some games (such as the batman arkham knight game) make use of these speakers on the controller.

Imagine hearing that sweet sound of willow and the ball also on the controller. Really will help to immerse one into the game. What do you guys think?
And how about mapping the confidence colour on the Dual shock light bar?

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pitch wear needs to be improve and have more impact on the match
Fix unorthodox shots like scoop or ramp, sweeps,switch hit and helicopter shot they were good in the first patch now there difficult to play or shots go wrong spot
Late cut and dab shot to third man need to be added
Sixes need to be harder to hit
Catching needs to be way it was in the first patch realistic catches
Could get out every way before now it's hard to do that
Academy needs to add more features like more skin tones, facial features like wrinkles or age players,more hairstyles and beards
Add more different types of gloves, fielding skins and change colour of gloves and pads for each player
Different types of outfields
Realistic edges that come off the bat not through the bat
Fix the DRS hot-spot so you can see if there is a spot
More Drs request eg small edges or low catches that are close to the ground
Fix the advancing it was good before now it's weared
Add advancing to defend the ball
Yorkers need to get better so there hard to hit same with bouncers
Too many wides in the game
These are valid improvements but no guarantee that BA could listen to this forum and release a patch. Presently they are busy in improving AO tennis game with plans to release patches this week as said by Ross.
But Ashes sorry no patches.

andrew36

School Cricketer
In the academy they should add the choice of wristbands for bowlers or banadas, towel to wipe the ball,gold neckclases eg Dwayne bravo or watch
Maybe few more different batting and bowling styles
It would be good if they add the knuckle ball in the game
There's 2 types of scoop shot there's the dil scoop where he stands still and flicks it over his head or the his bulter one move around and flick it over your shoulder
Hopefully ramp/upper cut will be added to the patch
I have question does anyone think before all the patches the bowling was good cause I like it

andrew36

School Cricketer
I would like to see fielding better like diving and taps that don't slide into rope
Catches on rope and throw the ball back and catch it or to a teammate
Catches need to be realistic and diving one catches should rare
Wicketkeepers should be realistic by shuffling across the stumps and diving forward for low catches

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I don't follow their other games but if they have been sub-standard then that is a bad sign really. I also never thought the EA games were bad, sure out of the box they weren't the most enjoyable but once patched I spend hundreds upon hundreds of hours in them, the graphics looked nice, you could patch the shit out of them with ease to make it resemble real life and thanks to coders making gameplay modifying exes not much more you can ask. They also did a good job on attention to detail like the normal condition pitches in each country looked different to resemble the country, the outfields and even some sound effects.

I thought Codemasters went out of business long time ago? I doubt another company will be making a cricket game any time soon unless BA sell on their code to someone and then they take it from there. Again at the end of the day they have given us the most in-depth cricket game to date, the type of editing we can do etc is great and above anything I could imagine years ago just a shame all the modes we dreamt of playing are full of bugs or laced with some hiccups. I think if they really put to it and ironed out the mistakes it'd be a more than solid game.

Unfortunately yes :p

Codemasters are still going but doing racing games. They're doin an awful job at that, made 9 games. Release in September. Release 8 patches breaking bits and then abandon by Christmas! Then they start all over again in March with the hype and the release in September again.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Wanted to post about cutter seam position messed up...Its properly bowled at 5'o clock and 7'o clock for off and leg cutter..Forward rotation and seam movement just like a proper cutter we would bowl in reality..

Also would like them to make the default revolutions for rotation to 12-14 points than 33...

Another one is for reverse swing , bowling outswing seam position with inswing delivery and inswing position for outswing delivery gets you the feel of reverse swing in the game..Maybe this could be used for reverse swing visibly when there the possibility of it in the conditions of the match, ball etc..

Users who are viewing this thread