Request Or Suggestions for Future Patches / Big Ant Gaming Series

AliKhan215

Club Captain
As an online player, I have a huge request for BIGant in order to fix some of the issues or make them a lot better than they already is.

1) Swing indicator - The should be a swing indicator for the full length yorker ball(blue ball) As the ball swings so much. On top of that it just shows a full circle for the yorker ball so it can be a pain when it looks like its going way outside off but instead it comes and gets you on the middle/legstump. I do know that we had a indicator for that in DBC 17/14 online to know where the ball will be pitching/swinging. Can share a pic of that.

2) All bouncers(red balls) not playable on backfoot/lack of shot choices - There are many shots missing against the bouncer and the shot choices are limited. The most powerful ones are backfoot late cut/cut/backfoot pull/hook... But the backfoot drives are very weak even though they are timed. Need to make the drives better/powerful like the rest of the shots and MUST add a backfoot hook/pull to mid wicket region etc. Also on a soft pitch, the bouncer can be so low that its not even playable on backfoot, so ur not sure what footwork to use as it can be a fast one which goes above shoulder height, or it can be so low to get an LBW with huge pace variation... Cant we make the bouncer playable on backfoot no matter how low it is? it will be better and less pre meditation for us online players. Or just make the bouncer playable on front foot like we had in dbc 17/14

3)Sweep shots TOO overpowered - The normal/lofted Sweep/reverse sweep shots are sooo easy to connect for a six against a pacebowler. It can be a variation of slow/fast ball and it will still connect for a SIX. The only way to really avoid them is bouncers, and if u bowl 2 bouncers it will just give it as a warning and then a no ball so u need to bowl fuller lengths which just gives the batsman to sweep all length balls. full yorker/yorker/good length.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Please share the Pic , and show proof that it was in Online Mate , as I cannot remember ever having that Luxury in any game online on all the different Versions.

Would be good to see it.

Talking about the Swing indicator around the ball.

Thieves

Club Captain
Hey guys. Another great idea just came to me.

I think it would be awesome if bigant decided to add a mode that allows players to choose important cricket events that happened in history whereby players have to guide a team home from difficult situations. Such as placing us at maybe 40 / 4 after 10 overs whereby we have to reach 310 in a 50 over match (for example).

This could be done as a progression basis and could include earning xp , unlocking trophies and possibly other stuff. This would also allow players to play with different teams and scenarios etc.

I've seen this mode on some android cricket games. Also it was in code masters brian lara cricket game which I remember really enjoying (I was probably like 8 at the time lol).

AliKhan215

Club Captain
Please share the Pic , and show proof that it was in Online Mate , as I cannot remember ever having that Luxury in any game online on all the different Versions.

Would be good to see it.

Talking about the Swing indicator around the ball.
There was an indicator which showed where it was going to be going. Half circle blue ball going wide of the pitch, u knew even if it would be swinging that it will be ending up there. Here it sometimes shows half circle on wide off but it ends up swinging late onto your stumps.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
There was an indicator which showed where it was going to be going. Half circle blue ball going wide of the pitch, u knew even if it would be swinging that it will be ending up there. Here it sometimes shows half circle on wide off but it ends up swinging late onto your stumps.
He asked for a pic for evidence... you offered a pic for evidence, where is it?

AliKhan215

Club Captain
He asked for a pic for evidence... you offered a pic for evidence, where is it?

These used be a feature in order to understand the swing as well...

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2017-11-20 kl. 09.11.26.png
    Skärmavbild 2017-11-20 kl. 09.11.26.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 20

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
These used be a feature in order to understand the swing as well...

Two things -
a. he asked for evidence showing anything but a full-circle when playing a match online in DBC17/14 (you said it used to work in those 2 games)
b. The pic you shared does not mention anything about swing at all.

Dean johnes

Club Captain
Few things I will like too add.
While batting in batting far in legend the the bowl release marker is not cleat enough hard to pick up the circle kindly make it much more brighter.

Important notice for online gameplay
As the short balls redcircle are not been able to be played in front foot that not the right way to go about it but still acceptable.
But the green circle balls which are of shorter length are also cannot be played in front foot that's really not realistic.
Plus the cut shots going straight.
Dbc 17 was perfect regarding these issues.
Big ant seriously needs to patch these issues at least in there next patch.

.Jambo.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
These are valid improvements but no guarantee that BA could listen to this forum and release a patch. Presently they are busy in improving AO tennis game with plans to release patches this week as said by Ross.
But Ashes sorry no patches.

I’m not surprised they are trying to fix the tennis game. Saw this last week - http://www.news.com.au/technology/h...r/news-story/57c63877533c71d78850ec36d6e72999

Not a good look for Big Ant to have that on a major Australian news website. I can only wonder if Cricket Australia will want to be associated with them again.

D

Dutch

I’m not surprised they are trying to fix the tennis game. Saw this last week - http://www.news.com.au/technology/h...r/news-story/57c63877533c71d78850ec36d6e72999

Not a good look for Big Ant to have that on a major Australian news website. I can only wonder if Cricket Australia will want to be associated with them again.
An old review that has been seen before, before quite a few of the patches and what it has to do with Cricket Australia I have no idea.....everyone is keen to shit-stir in a self-made BA pot of misery it seems.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
An old review that has been seen before, before quite a few of the patches and what it has to do with Cricket Australia I have no idea.....everyone is keen to shit-stir in a self-made BA pot of misery it seems.

Tbf he said he saw it last week and it was posted last week. So only before the latest patch (which was admittedly big and apparently made a lot of improvements).

Though yes, not clear the relevance to CA.

Dean johnes

Club Captain
As an online player, I have a huge request for BIGant in order to fix some of the issues or make them a lot better than they already is.

1) Swing indicator - The should be a swing indicator for the full length yorker ball(blue ball) As the ball swings so much. On top of that it just shows a full circle for the yorker ball so it can be a pain when it looks like its going way outside off but instead it comes and gets you on the middle/legstump. I do know that we had a indicator for that in DBC 17/14 online to know where the ball will be pitching/swinging. Can share a pic of that.

2) All bouncers(red balls) not playable on backfoot/lack of shot choices - There are many shots missing against the bouncer and the shot choices are limited. The most powerful ones are backfoot late cut/cut/backfoot pull/hook... But the backfoot drives are very weak even though they are timed. Need to make the drives better/powerful like the rest of the shots and MUST add a backfoot hook/pull to mid wicket region etc. Also on a soft pitch, the bouncer can be so low that its not even playable on backfoot, so ur not sure what footwork to use as it can be a fast one which goes above shoulder height, or it can be so low to get an LBW with huge pace variation... Cant we make the bouncer playable on backfoot no matter how low it is? it will be better and less pre meditation for us online players. Or just make the bouncer playable on front foot like we had in dbc 17/14

3)Sweep shots TOO overpowered - The normal/lofted Sweep/reverse sweep shots are sooo easy to connect for a six against a pacebowler. It can be a variation of slow/fast ball and it will still connect for a SIX. The only way to really avoid them is bouncers, and if u bowl 2 bouncers it will just give it as a warning and then a no ball so u need to bowl fuller lengths which just gives the batsman to sweep all length balls. full yorker/yorker/good length.
Bro I understand ur points.
Few are good points u mentioned about less shot choice.
Other things u mentioned are not bigants fault.
As so much editing skills happens in ur face book leagues that bigants have never worked on or ever expected.
As the facebook league is not a cricket league it's editing skills league.
Like medium bowls at 90 kmp
Fast bowlers bowl at 114
Ball hits the wicket pitching outside the creaze.
That's not cricket.
Big ant game designer is also not aware that with editing skills these are possible.
My advice to to big ant is to lock the skills editing.
Only u can add equipment and accessories that's it.
Chapter closed.
Just like fifa.
Most of the issue will be solved.
How can big ant allow to edit the bowling speed.
Swing bounce.
Strength cardio.
I have seen people setting and editing these to 0.
And u blame big ant for that.
Atleast for online autometically it will be locked and u can play only linked players.
No community download player should be allowed
With 100 skills.
Bowling skill set to 60 or 70

Last edited:

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
The problem with making sub standard games then patching it to perfection, is the review..... most reviews are done with pre-patched sub standard games in hand and get really bad reviews, how many of these reviews are changed as the games get patched? I would say very few, so most people are still reading these poor reviews and staying away from buying the game :(

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bro I understand ur points.
Few are good enough about less shot choice.
Other things u mentioned are not bigants fault.
As so much editing skills happens in ur face book leagues that bigants have never worked on or ever expected.
As the facebook league is not a cricket league it's editing skills league.
Like medium bowls at 90 kmp
Fast bowlers bowl at 114
Ball hits the wicket pitching outside the creaze.
That's not cricket.
Big ant game designer is also not aware that with editing skills these are possible.
My advice to to big ant is to lock the skills editing.
Only u can add equipment and accessories that's it.
Chapter closed.
Just like fifa.
Most of the issue will be solved.
How can big ant allow to edit the bowling speed.
Swing bounce.
Strength cardio.
I have seen people setting and editing these to 0.
And u blame big ant for that.
Atleast for online autometically it will be locked and u can play only linked players.
No community download player should be allowed
With 100 skills.
Bowling skill set to 60 or 70

Well I read the first sentence and then gave up, sorry just find your presentation unreadable

Users who are viewing this thread